Trouble in Terrorist Town

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod' started by Gaw, 1 Jan 2012.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

Stop your bitchin' and join the :bandwagon:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Gaw discord is my friend now

I've been working on the TTT server extensively for the past few days, since we lost a lot of stuff thanks to Geit (end round music, scoreboard colouring, the motd, any progress on hats; off the top of my head) so I've been mainly been reverting the server to how it was before.

• New end of round music code, it will work as before, just using a different method
    • New scoreboard colouring code, will be extremely easy to swap out colours and add new groups as there's proper commenting
    • New code that will play the sound 'GONNA CRASH' when somebody leaves the server in the middle of a round
    • Added 16 new sounds (8 for innocents and 8 for traitors)
    • Dark has kindly worked on a new motd, it has the rules and mapcycle on display, while displaying epicw.in in the background
    • There's a wider model selection now. Previously, the server would choose one of four models (except on maps that force model like Lost Temple) and then give everyone that model, now its pool is much larger.
    • We will not be having custom hats or custom player models right now, the majority are not too bothered by it and it would take a lot of work.
    I also have much greater access to the server now, so I'll be able to restart it and update the fastdl server extremely easily :)

• Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Yay.

4. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Was wondering what the background was....

• Zing Zing x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  6. Gaw discord is my friend now

TTT server has been updated and fixed now :)

It appears to be running a fuckton smoother than it was previously.

7. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Hopefully we can start to get people back into TTT again.

8. Gaw discord is my friend now

• Removed ttt_amsterville_final2 (unpopular)
    • Removed ttt_hotel_b4 (unpopular)
    • Removed ttt_horriblenight_v1 (unpopular)
    • Removed ttt_crummycradle_b1 (new version)
    • Removed ttt_cyberia_a2 (development abandoned)
    • Added ttt_crummycradle_b1fix
    • Added ttt_mc_SkyIslands
    • Hopefully fixed Ryuujinjakka
    • Enabled Fretta map voting

As always, give me a shout if there are any issues.

9. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

whyy

10. Gaw discord is my friend now

Mhm disregard I haven't fixed it at all. Still unsure on why it's broken. Will continue to investigate.

11. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

leave my ERROR alone pls

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

Can't figure it out. Removed Ryuujinjakka until further notice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  13. I recently bought TTT.

I killed imFree by mistake who was my fellow traitor because he was by himself and I saw the opportunity not noticing he was my ally and killed Gaw, my fellow innocent in the next round because when I saw him whacking a guy with his crowbar I didn't know it did no damage.

Good start :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. have you tried the jihad bomb yet

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Oh, haha. I get it, I'm a Muslim now.

Well, screw your late posts, I was playing it.

• Late Late x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  16. Cactus The key is to never give up

I have a question about the rules. Are we allowed to "claim" rooms? I would say no but I don't know what the rules are. In case you do not know what "claiming" rooms is, it is when you say "if you come in this room, I will kill you". The reason I would be against allowing claim rooms as in 67th_way there is that room (which I have seen claimed many times). By claiming this room it will not allow traitors to get into a room, therefore the innocent can just keep using the traitor tester with no risks.

EDIT: Also another reason, as a traitor I was not able to get a gun, which was in a room as the player told me to go away, although I could get another gun, I did not know where any other guns were in this map, due to it being new.

17. There's nothing wrong with camping in a room, but I see blocking doorways as unfair

18. Gaw discord is my friend now

Claiming rooms is not allowed. If you are a detective, you can tell others that entering a certain room is a 'traitorous act'. Entering the pre-room to the traitor room in 67th way proves no purpose, apart from getting to the traitor room. So a detective could say 'If you enter this room, it is traitorous activity and you will be killed'. Traitors can still enter the room by fighting their way in, or getting in before a detective enforces any rules regarding it, so it's not unfair by any means.

19. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

What is the rule on following people and the people that want to be followed?

20. Cactus The key is to never give up

Lewy told me yesterday (and I have seen this on other servers) that you are allowed to give 3 warnings with an interval of 3 seconds between them. After those, if they are still following you, you can kill them.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i see what you did there face

2. i see what u did there

3. oh i see what you did there

4. see what you did there,
  5. see what i did there,
  6. tf2 faces,
  7. i see what u did here,
  8. i see what you did face,
  9. i see what you did there,
  10. trouble in terrorist town sprays