Trouble in Terrorist Town

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod' started by Gaw, 1 Jan 2012.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

[​IMG]

(User was banned for this post ("That cat" - Darkimmortal))

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. Never forget our fallen comrade

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Said it was kinda broken. :V

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Gaw discord is my friend now

Big update time!
    • Added Urban Ruins v1
    • Added Westwood v4
    • Added Lost Temple v2
    • Removed various other broken maps
    • Reduced voice drain
    • Added latest ULX
    • Added 'Turtle Grenade' traitor weapon
    • Added 'Anaconda' traitor weapon
    • Removed existing 'Silenced Rifle'
    • Added new 'Silenced Rifle' - A lot more balanced
    • Added missing icons for various weapons
    • Buffed Newton Launcher significantly
    • Changed knife damage to 75
    • Updated ULX gimp list
    • Updated ULX adverts
    • Added 34 new round end songs, for a total of 82
    • Updated MOTD
    • Added twice as many loading videos to epicw.in
    I've likely forgot to note down a few things, but that's most of it. Fwoof. Server is up and functioning. There are still some prevalent bugs such as the 'weapons glitch', but these cannot be fixed until Garry gets off his ass and fixes them.

5. Remove Urban Ruins :buddy:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mad Mad x 1
    • List
  6. Gaw discord is my friend now

I've spent the past day and a half (fuck GM13) working on a Poison Impact Grenade for Traitors. It's now live and fully functional. I'm planning on releasing it on the Workshop, so I'd appreciate any balancing suggestions, glitches and also demos of people/you using it, so I can make a video out of it :)

• Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. I play a lot on TTT and when I try and find the GM server it always says there's only 2/6 people playing all I want to know is when are the peak times so I can start playing!

8. Cactus The key is to never give up

We tend not to have "peak times". Whenever you go on it, invite all the players on your friends list who you think may want to play with you, then after 5 people join (sometimes less) a lot of randomers will join. These randomers will fill the server and it will last a few hours.

9. I still think 64 slots helped with server activity even if it did become impossible to play

10. Gaw discord is my friend now

Our server activity is fine, as soon as 1 or 2 people join. Once it's actually on the list of active servers, it becomes very popular and fills very quickly for a long time. We can't have 64 slots because it is really, really unplayable past 28 players, you have no idea. Imagine ph_town with 64 players - a fucking nightmare!

11. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

Don't boost it above what we have now. Its counterproductive. Otherwise people won't come back ever again and the server dies.

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

I was never going to, this isn't up for discussion. We'd sooner make another little server than make a terrible massive one.

13. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Well this was confusing, though I enjoyed it. Definitely need to play more to get the hang of it.

14. Gaw discord is my friend now

Changelog for the past few days:

• Added ZedTime Traitor weapon (Activates slow motion for a few seconds, allowing you to pick off people a little bit easier)
    • Added Slow Motion on round end (If you've played on the server at all since Friday you'll know about this, the last kill now triggers a slow motion effect adding some crazy antics to post round deathmatch and also a great feeling of satisfaction upon killing somebody
    • Buffed H.U.G.E, reducing recoil and increasing damage
    • Nerfed Silenced TMP considerably, reducing damage and clip size and ensuring you can only purchase it once
    • Added and removed a couple of maps
    • Due to intense sexual persuasion (Much appreciated btw), I've thrown an RTV script on. Once enough votes are met, the map will change once the current round ends. Let me know of any bugs please.
    I've also released a few videos of our antics over the weekend/today and I'm always recording all the games I play, in case of some crazy shenanigans! It should hopefully increase the server popularity even more so.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  15. record all the things

16. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Don't forget about fixing the silenced sniper.

17. Gaw discord is my friend now

Exploit is now fixed. Also a reminder to all - if anyone abuses an exploit like that again and doesn't report it, they will find themselves with a 3 day ban. This is your warning. As long as you've reported it, do with it as you wish, as it will encourage me to fix it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

And yet my intense sexual persuasion was not enough to get kick rights. ABOOS.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. Gaw discord is my friend now

I have updated the rules for TTT. As opposed to introducing new rules, this is mainly clarifying on existing rules, and noting down rules that should have been there in the first place.

[​IMG]

To clarify on the whole Ghosting thing with GM: Using Mumble is fine when it's just us GM people on the server. You can use Mumble as you would in-game, voicing your suspicions, shouting names while you're still being shot at etc.

However, as soon as more than 20% of the server population is randomers, you must switch over to in-game communication. This would mean that you must voice all your suspicions in-game, shout who the traitors are in-game etc. Mumble at that point, should only be used for brief, vague discussion. This would be for stuff like discussing rule breakers, enticing people to join the game etc.

In other news, the server has been updated to 153. Unbelievably, the server is working better than it ever has. Linux is working perfectly, and the client is working perfectly too. I can't imagine it will be too long before Garry breaks something again, so I'd like to wholeheartedly encourage everyone to play TTT lots during the next couple of weeks, while we can get the maximum possible enjoyment out of it!

• Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. You misspelled prop killing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trouble in terrorist town spray

2. trouble in terrorist town urban ruins