Trouble in Terrorist Town

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod' started by Gaw, 1 Jan 2012.

1. Gaw discord is my friend now

Thanks, also highlighted the key points of each rule (danke Spuds) and fixed size of url box

2. Can you change the Silenced sniper so it can be fired while not zoomed?

This sometimes glitches and when i'm in a perfect position to do some traitoring It doesn't fire. Maybe put a delay from shot to shot to balance it out a bit.

3. Cactus The key is to never give up

It was very overpowered when we could shoot while unscoped. I was able to aim at someone's head with my crowbar while they stood still, then switch to the sniper and shoot, then switch back before anyone could see

4. Is there anyway to sort out the bug? or maybe increase the time it takes to pull it out?

5. Gaw discord is my friend now

No, as Cactus said changing it would introduce many many balancing issues as it did before. There is a delay from shot to shot. I don't think you read the description for the weapon in the traitor menu, or really know how it works at all..

6. We need to fix server stability, possibly remove dodgy shit like turtle grenade

Also there is a missing file for the turtle grenade, keeps trying and failing to download

7. Its not the delay, I buy a new one and aim down the sight waiting for a helpless victim and when i'm about to shoot all I hear is click. I didn't fire once it just glitched

8. yes i got this too, silenced sniper is unusable

9. Gaw discord is my friend now

I have not played TTT in a few weeks, but the only change since then is the addition of Darkisock. There has not been a Garry's Mod update since then either. If there is a problem with server stability, I am almost completely confident that the issue is Darkisock. It spams the server console almost constantly for crying out loud. The turtle grenade does not come with any custom files, and as the turtle model is a css model, I highly doubt there should be anything it is trying to download.

10. I've removed the dsock plugin, since it uses binary lua plugins (mysql) which are quite likely to cause crashes

11. it fails a download on every load for everyone, will have to get the name

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

Have never seen this glitch, will try and replicate it next time I play. Any pre-existing conditions?

13. it's hard to describe, you basically either can't shoot without toggling scope a few times, or can't get out of scope without spamming it iirc

14. Gaw discord is my friend now

Is it time based? There is a 5 second delay between being allowed to shoot

15. that... might be it

16. Sometimes you can't scope, or shoot. thats basically it

17. Gaw discord is my friend now

Aye, the previous method of delaying was able to be circumvented so I recoded it to how it is now - it is literally impossible to shoot it using any method for 5 seconds, to balance it out.

18. It crashed froze at 100% cpu again without dsock or any associated lua plugins

19. Gaw discord is my friend now

Nothing I can really do without an error message :/

20. mhm but removing shit would be a start

there's no error it just freezes

I don't think anything has changed apart from turtle grenade

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)