U NEED TO BAN WIDOWMAKER!!!

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by Mesiveloni(FIN), 1 Nov 2011.

1. So overpowered gun, 2 shots dead

2. BuPyC Buy PC :]

I fully agree that, it is not possible to play with guys who use that gun. If you are a prop they kill you with two shots (if hp is full) and if you are in same team they always steal your kills. :[
    Just please ban that weapon.

3. Heres a videoproof from Bubbles :

4. box Banned

I also agree. I swear it was nerfed when it first came out, but recent play has been proved otherwise.

5. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

I miss the days when 2-shot kills were a normal part of PH and we didn't get pleas to ban like this.

- - -

On topic, I disagree and think it should stay.

In addition, the so-called "video proof" just showed an engineer killing props in obvious places. A pyro would've bagged those kills just as easily, probably even faster, but obviously they aren't overpowered in comparison.

6. but widowmaker is fast shooting wpn that kills with 2 shots

7. Gaw discord is my friend now

omfg!!

8. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I do not see the need to remove, or even nerf, this weapon.

At the end of the video, the Engineer had to shoot Props three times before scoring a kill.

And even if it's two shots at close range, it has the same stopping power of a regular shotgun. I've killed props at close range in two shots with the stock shotty.

9. Most of the banned weapons are much worse than this iirc

10. Okay okay okay! There seems to be some misunderstanding. I actually had the damage left in the video but since YouTube is a bitch it raped the quality so you can't really see them... The idea of the video is to demonstrate the POWER of the weapon! It can do over 80 damage (mostly it's 60 + 80) at a close-ish range... So yeah, that's why the video was showing obvious props getting murdered. Also, the normal shotguns got nerfed by the looks of it; except the Widowmaker is basically an infinite shotgun. If an Engineer with Widowmaker is even somewhat close, the prop may as well give up and get mauled by it. Think about it. But, eh... I guess the only way to understand is to actually get assaulted by the Widowmaker yourself.

11. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I have. I've been taken down by one a few times.

I usually run like hell and dodge like a fiend to get away, hoping the Engie in question will run out of metal before he kills me.

Sometimes it works.

People used to have the same feeling about the Mini-Gun or the Rocket Launcher.

12. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Wouldn't be any fun if it was too easy?
    Leave it in...

13. The Widowmaker gets really bad though. :/ Especially if there's 2. There is normally over 8 Shotgun users and that is still not as bad as a single Widowmaker user. Shotgun got nerfed to about 50 damage(?), this does over 80; doesn't need reloading and can be shot pretty much infinitely.

14. box Banned

I think the different w/this gun however, is that distance doesn't tend to lower the damage of this gun. For example, if I were to use the Frontier Justice (which people complain about its damage) and shoot from a far enough distance, I'll be damaging 1-6hp. Not the case w/the Widowmaker. Its damage drop isn't as varied as any other shotgun.

Out of curiosity MC and Helljack, how often do you guys play this mod these days? Do you play often like you used to, and/or do you ever play outside the GM server? Most people that post these type of concerns are players that play loyally. Whenever I post something, I make sure its a real issue across multiple servers (AO, FFN, formerly GM, intoxgaming, lethal zone). I've seen this same issue and been hearing the same complaints for several weeks now.

15. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Well box, I've been playing more and more as of late. Something keeps dragging me back.

Not as much as I used to, and only on the [GM] servers. I'm of the opinion that they are the best servers around.

16. Gaw discord is my friend now

I actually played prophunt last night to see if I could have some fun with an overpowered gun, but that wasn't the case. If the prop is anything but close, medium-close range than you'll be doing fuck all damage. It's very easy to escape as a prop in that situation, once you've gotten out of the close range you are home free, from the engineer.

17. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The gun isnt the problem, you people are . . you whine about fuck all.

18. and the widowmaker is a stealers gun, so annoying when i example find a prop then some noob comes and shoots it with 1 shot to death..

19. The MC Official GM PropHunt Manager

lols this is clearly serious shit free

20. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

[​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tf2 widowmaker op

2. tf2 widowmaker

3. tf2 widowmaker overpowered

4. widowmaker tf2,
  5. tf2 widowmaker vs shotgun,
  6. widowmaker op,
  7. tf2 widowmaker is op,
  8. widow maker op,
  9. widowmaker overpowered,
  10. tf2 widowmaker names