UK General Election Thread

Discussion in 'Random' started by Falsey, 8 May 2015.

1. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

>benefits

aaaaaaahhhhh dodgy example there

2. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Because people abuse benefits? Why does that make it a dodgy example? People evade taxes as well, so would you say having taxes does not make a country better?

Also, this seems relevant: http://prospect.org/article/high-road-wins

3. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

Outright stating that benefits encourage a healthy economy is a very dubious claim. In the area I'm in, you see firsthand that a wary perspective of benefits is pretty valid; young teen girls deliberately getting pregnant to get a council house and a cozy income from the government. I can name a dozen girls from my primary class alone who've had kids between age 17-20.

4. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

To be more precise, there are plenty of holes in our current benefit system

5. Rioter Mad man box wearing lunatic for President

My turn.

First of, this was my reaction the morning after the results came in. As you can tell, not a fan of a lot of the members in the Conservative Party.

[​IMG]

I've got no love for this party. The local conservative MP in my area is annoying and doesn't really care for young people's interests. Privatisation has done more harm than good (I laugh at one my friends, who is a tory supporter, who bitches and moans about how crap First Great Western is, how expensive it is and how useless they are, who I then remind guess which Government messed that up for you, oh wait it's the party you support). That prat in the picture above has messed up the education system and changed it beyond recognition and logic (why mess with AS/A levels, they didn't need fixing!).... I'm just waiting for the day that this new government ups VAT and ups tuition fees again. There's hardly anything I agree with in that party, imo they do more harm than good.

Though I'm not saying that Labour are any better.

Don't even get me started on the voting system.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  6. cenpls Original Bhoomika Gupta

That prat is now the Justice secretary and wants to replace the human rights act with the 'Free rights' act. Regardless of whether I'm rich or poor, there's very little I can agree with morally that the Tory party want to do and that is why I will never vote for them.

People rightly protesting against Austerity in the streets of London, how much media coverage did it get? Zilch.

7. Well.... we don't need freedom or civil rights or anything...

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britain-is-too-tolerant-and-should-interfere-more-in-peoples-lives-says-david-cameron-10246517.html

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

... Are you sure that isn't satire?

Talk about 1984...

9. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Well, if they actually were using their powers to crack down on extremists, terrorists and the like, it'd be a laudable position. But this is the same country where our politicians somehow want people who went to the so-called Islamic State to come back to our shores.

The way they're talking about it seems to be just another excuse for the Rozzers to spend more time on the internet, prosecuting people for expressing their freedom of speech, and less on the beat...

10. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

The real fucked up thing is from what I can see there's no real definition of extremist views, am I going to be considered extremist because I think tories are bastards?

11. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

i genuinely believed this but then the british public went full retard

Last edited: 24 Jun 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)