[UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15%

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Core, 25 Nov 2008.

1. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15% :D

that good news. ;)
    but it will take time :|

2. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15% :D

they prob got mixed up with the words 'cut' & 'add'

wud be awesome if that happens =) altho... before xmas plz ^^

3. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15% :D

21% in Belgium ftw :D

4. eoN

Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15% :D

Did you not watch the pre-budget review program thingy? House of commons? Guy with VERY VERY black eyebrows and VERY VERY white hair?

5. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15% :D

I think this drop will help those who make big purchases, a car, a house, etc. It doesn't really make me want to spend more on lower value items though. I guess consumer spending is decreasing so they had to do something.

It's been confirmed; VAT is to drop next Monday 1st December.

http://www.vatchange.com/

6. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15% :D

naw... dont have a tv at uni =/ only this crt thingy

lowering prices to increase consumer spending. considering UKs current economic status and the pound weakening... geuss they had to do something =)

1st? ooo... guud time to start xmas shopping :D

7. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15% :D

<3 Switzerland for having 7.6 tbh :D

8. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15% :D

7.6%?! :o

9. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15%

<3 California sales tax 7.25% :lol:

10. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15%

ye 7.6... that's one thing why many Swiss dont want to join the EU, cause some EU countries have like 25%, dunno which one anymore.

11. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15%

don´t take the VAT as the only indicator of how much money remains in your hands at the end of the month ;)

living costs in switzerland are far more expensive then for example here in germany (acc to some friends of mine living in switzerland)

so is this a temporare thing only? (for the bank crysis etc.) or will this thing last?

as for germany

they just moved our VAT from 16 to 19 % - but to be honest - oyu still buy thing -you have to ;)

12. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15% :D

That'll be Alastair DAHHLING :!:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  13. Re: [UK] VAT 17.5% down to 15%

Shame they did't lower the cost of fule, as im sure they name some kind of STUPID % on that stuff.
    They anways seem quick to bump fuel costs up if the price per barrel goes up, yet when the cost per barrel goes down like now. does it go down? hummm thankfully the supermarkets Tesco, Asda etc. all ways lower fairly quick and this forces the rest.

However 10-20% off fule would have been alot nicer than 2.5% off everything.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)