Update Log

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 10 Jan 2010.

1. - Fixed Kirino (broken for past 2 days ish)
    - Fixed DSock IRC bot (broken for months)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Late Late x 1
    • List
  2. The way ratings on posts are stored has been changed quite significantly (to improve performance), please keep an eye out for any strange behaviour

• Like Like x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  3. Added an auto universe reset every 24 hours to the starbound server, as the priority at this time is getting a high uptime figure on starbound-servers.net in preparation for the winter update rather than providing a good player experience on the current version

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

I think 24 hours may be a little too frequent. I'd expect most randomers to play a few days on the server, generally through the weekend. They'd go to another server if they made a nice base on a distant planet only to find it gone the next day. It should be set at like 5 days imo.

5. It's either this or remove auto restarts and have the server consume all ram until it crashes

With like 20 players, each day can add a minute to the startup time, which adds up to a lot of downtime with restarts every 2 hours

Monthly average is currently at 93% due to this, rank is double what it should be as a result

6. More starbound updates in preparation for winter update:

- Added intelligent auto restarting (it is possible for it to get stuck in a state where the server appears online to 99% of queries but the game client can't actually connect to it)
    - Updated all outputs of player list/counts (here and the homepage) to use much more reliable data - no more strange inconsistencies

7. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Can I suggest moving the "Show ignored content" button to the top of the page as well as the bottom. I find that when I'm reading through long threads I have no idea what's going on because I forget about the ignored content then have to scroll down to the bottom and back up to the top to unignore stuff. Only small but I think anyone else who uses the ignore list would appreciate it.

Yes I use the ignore list fucking suck it up cunts.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Updated to XF 1.4.4 and moved us to the new ReCAPTCHA (the one with the giant checkbox)

• Fixed realtime scheduling being broken for 2+ weeks from a kernel update (explains lag in TTT etc.)
    • Added protection against SteamCMD getting stuck at 100% CPU (and preventing several TF2 servers from starting), a regular occurrence these days

• Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Currently testing TaigaChat Pro 1.4.0 here - please report any issues, especially with layout or incorrect ordering of messages

• Added live message edits (other users will now see edits without having to refresh)
    • Added live message deletions (deleted messages will now disappear for other users without them having to refresh) - this also applies to the /prune command
    • Improved performance of client-side message rendering (less stutters as messages appear), particularly when speed mode is enabled.
    • Added option (default off) to display the number of users in chat in a bubble above the navtab.
    • Fixed MOTD changes not being applied until a message was posted or the page was refreshed
    • Improved responsiveness of all shoutbox views
    • Improved layout of message input and toolbar (input box now fills all width and spacing between it and the toolbar is constant at all non-mobile window sizes)
    • Improved support for non-standard sidebar widths
    • Added support for 12 hour clock time display (only if selected in the default language) with speed mode enabled and absolute time selected
    • Archive thread now displays usernames using the [USER] bbcode tag rather than a direct link to their profile, enabling the use of the member card.
    • Fixed unreliable ‘members in chat’ updating with speed mode disabled
    • Fixed certain scenario where widgets titles would link to the homepage rather than the full shoutbox page
    • Refactored, cleaned and namespaced all Javascript code
    • Fixed ‘bbcode toolbar’ option

• Like Like x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Thanks Dark.

11. He is the hero we deserve...

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  12. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Er, you've probably already noticed this, but just in case you haven't.

For me the D-Sock chat isn't coming up for me on the slothbox. Space where it should be is still there, but the text doesn't show up this side.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  13. that's new to me, try ctrl+f5 and shit

edit: fuck. issue confirmed

Last edited: 28 Dec 2016
  14. Hopefully fixed now. It would only have occurred if a tab is left in the background for a long enough time that the entire shoutbox is cycled with new messages

15. Nvm I'm a spastic, it was actually specific to DSock (or at least a combination of the two)

Should be fixed now

16. Finally got around to merging our custom changes into the latest version of the addon powering the Streams tab

• All service embed codes have been changed to support https.
    • Added checks in the TwitchTV service that works around their broken API. This will prevent the constant error spam Twitch has been producing in your admin control panel.
    • JSONp values of stream viewers will now conform to locale settings.
    • Added JSONp support for CyberGameTV and HitboxTV.
    • Put in more efforts to fix Ustream support (as I've said many times, their API is very immature and problematic). Because of these constant changes; you may once again have to remove all ustream channels from your approved channels list and re-submit them.
    • Added VERY BASIC YouTube support. There is no scrape support however, since YouTube's API does not have a method to differentiate live streams from recorded video. Their documentation SAYS it does; but the function hasn't worked in years.