Update Log

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Dark, 10 Jan 2010.

1. Finally got around to updating my old standard editor toolbar XF addon, should be useful to those on mobile for embedding images etc.

(Click the button at the top right of the default WYSIWYG editor to switch)

2. Late x1000 but the april fools theme is now fully 90% compatible with Firefox

(last year only Chrome supported the relevant CSS stuff)

3. Kiethy Fluffy..

It was surprisingly compatible with Opera

4. Cactus The key is to never give up

Facebook links are broken on the members page

• Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  5. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

Not GM related, but a little annoying.

Tried to use the thing where you right click on an image to upload to imgkk.

I wasn't logged in, so I just got the spinning thing for ages and I thought, oh, must just be taking it's time. I didn't realise I wasn't actually logged in.

Not a huge deal, just thought I'd let you know in case you weren't already aware.

7. anyone listed as unknown account just needs to disassociate their facebook account then associate it again, it expires after a while since their latest changes a few months ago

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. The TF2Items extension has been updated to a version that doesn't crash randomly (mainly affected PropHunt)

9. Currently testing a new taigachat pro update:

• Added option to remove the cache buster from the query string of speed mode AJAX refreshes, allowing fast 304 responses on appropriately configured servers.
    • Added option to configure the number of users displayed in the ‘users in chat’ widget, which was previously unlimited.
    • Fixed various alerts issues, including ‘0 alerts’ issue.
    • Fixed unapproved replies from showing as new threads in the shoutbox.
    • Fixed moderated messages not being reported as activity in the shoutbox when approved.
    • Fixed scenario where users could appear in the ‘users in chat’ widget despite having no permission to view the shoutbox.
    • Fixed users in chat widget being rendered when disabled.

Let me know if you continue to see the 0 alerts thing

10. - Fixed TF2 motd font
    - Improved TF2 motd loading speed
    - Fixed prophunt crash loop

11. Added ridiculous EU cookie warning for guests since google have decided to require it for adsense publishers

12. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

I noticed it and thought why is this here

13. @Dark, you updated to Xenforo 1.4.9 for the facebook integration fix?

Edit: there also seem to have been a 1.4.10 release which is highly suggested to update to.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-4-10-released-security-fix.102201/

14. yeah we're on 1.4.10

15. Mmmm... I'm getting "Facebook did not provide an email address for your account. Please ensure that you have a confirmed email address listed in Facebook and try again." when I have activated my email address with facebook, originally I thought it ws because of a bug that was in earlier (pre 1.4.8 versions) but it can't be that if we're on 1.4.10

16. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

[​IMG]

So since I'm on GMT-6 now and the "yesterday" part of the timestamp seems to activate at 00:00 GMT, I'm seeing it appear despite the fact that for me all these messages were posted on the same day. I realise this is hardly a major problem, but it's a little thing that I just found a bit odd and wasn't sure if it had been pointed out before.

• Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Hey, when was the Mumble welcome message changed?

What's with this "Enjoy your stay!" bullshit?

Now how will people know Blue is a faggot?

THINK OF THE CHILDREN, MAN!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

HEAR, HEAR!

WHILE WE'RE AT IT, WHAT'S WITH THIS BULLSHIT RIGHT HERE?!

[​IMG]

@Dark has become a social justice warrior. We should have all seen this coming long ago. He's slowly making GM a 'safe space'.

We're all fucked, gents.

Unless Bluepanther actually is a faggot...

FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON: I'M A GAYMER, GET ME OUT OF HERE.

19. Added a few hacks to try and address the recent system instability from running out of memory, which I'm 99% sure is due to the tf2 servers

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. Having issues with email deliverability so have taken the following steps:

- Changed everyone's watched threads to be 'without receiving email notifications'. Feel free to change them back if you genuinely want email notifications
    - Everyone with the user option for automatic email subscriptions to threads they create or reply to has had it changed to alerts only. See: https://www.gamingmasters.org/account/preferences
    - New users will no longer be automatically subscribed to emails for replies to threads they create

What it might cost us in new users isn't worth the chances of some cancerous individual dragging a message to their spam folder and getting the entire server globally banned from hotmail or gmail (again)

Last edited: 10 Oct 2016

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)