Useful DOTA links

Discussion in 'Dota 2' started by Bagman, 16 Mar 2014.

1. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

So there's a Youtube channel with entire games, commentated by Purge as he plays them.
    He is really good at explaining why he does things and what to look out for.

Saw this for example, really informative and interesting

@dukeofcrumpet @Captain Hellreaver

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Is everyone interested in dota all of a sudden?

Disagreeing to a quesion fock off m8

Last edited: 16 Mar 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. I am personally just because I'm not as interested in LoL atm so I'm not as bothered by the mechanical differences in DOTA2. It's actually a lot of fun when you're not playing another MOBA regularly.

4. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

I'm interested in picking it up at some point if someone else is interested in doing an xp crawl with me seeing as I only booted it up once and that was before I played LoL so I had no idea what was going on.

5. Cactus The key is to never give up

I played it today and still had little idea what was going on (like what abilities the other champs had/damage they did, the UI, what the guide actually wanted me to do etc).

6. The major problem that you have to survive through right now is that we're playing in that pre-60-100-wins noob zone where it just seems that 70+% of the time someone will leave the game or be a smurf. It's a real pain in the ass when that happens, luckily you can leave games where others have left with no penalty.

When it works though I find the heroes are pretty outrageously powerful, which is fun now that I don't scrutinise everything and compare it to League all the time.

7. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

Get ready to get your mind blown

8. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

That's called learning to play my friend.

l2p fag

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Mystia the Schnitzel Delivery Guy

Lemme bane carry you

10. Subv You ain't even lord of your yard

i'm interested

11. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

My biggest attraction to this game has been a very different hero pool, as well as the much bigger freedom when it comes to items, that and I really just need a break from League.
    It's really interesting to dip into the learning process for this game, however etting started on my own was kinda tedious, so I've been playing with Tim and Meh, learning with them.
    The future prospects for this forum will probably to add our experiences / stuff like useful links, and in general just try to help others get into the game, if they want to and just can't find a good way to start.

12. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

it's been decided

no one's interested in DOTA

thank you based-vipar

13. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

Here's another link for people starting out, it's a chart of heroes rated by difficulty, judging from a couple of parameters.
    I would like to stress that it gives a good idea of their difficulty, but not necessarily what is recommended to start with, however a fair amount of the easy ones are good starters.

14. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

As a Dota fan, the fact people on here are becoming more interested in the game is fucking excellent, I've noticed a shift in the demographic of gamers who play recently(much greater number of flamers and general assholes, which has made solo queue hell) so I'm glad that some reliable and nice people are also taking interest, it would be fun to play with you guys some time.

Unsure if anyone has mentioned this at any stage but there's an incredibly useful in-game guides system(the little book icon in the top left) that will make your lives a hell of a lot easier to learn new heroes before modifying the guide based around your own preferences and the situations that show up in game, also I've found that watching games(like purges aforementioned commentaries) is by far the best/fastest way to learn, simply because you can learn subtle nuances of the gameplay that you wouldn't have the time/non pressured thinking space to comprehend right away in game, as well as showing you what the 'best' way to react to certain scenarios and heroes is

EDIT: to add to this, Purge also has a comprehensive written guide that accompanies his guide videos which can be found here http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Last edited: 18 Mar 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

TIME FOR FIRST DOTA GAME

FUCK BOTS

16. Mr.Bam Praise the sun!

I am not going to lie I find the bots pretty good.

17. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

well, that was hectic

despite constantly asking for help, team decided it was best for the noob to have no cover against their duo lane

then at the end half our team was afk, so i was having to control three of our heroes at once

fucking fun tho

18. Falsey John, the Goldfish: Never Forgotten

>mfw when get couriers

>mfw spend two minutes asking what the fuck i was suppose to do with it, thinking a player takes control of it as a special unit with some goal in mind

19. Akiba Terminus Ut Exordium

Welcome to the MOBA solo queue experience, you shouldn't have any problems getting to grips with things if you play with a few people who actually want to be helpful though :)

20. Enjoying Weaver a ton. His early game last hitting can be a bit painful but after a little while he is amazing. CLICKETY CLICK. PITTER PATTER

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)