Warnings system is up

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dark, 29 Sep 2008.

1. Re: Warnings system is up

Updated with Bun's caution signs instead of stars (had to resize them a bit but they still look fine) :D

ctrl+f5 if you don't see them.

2. Re: Warnings system is up

Forever, I presume?

3. Re: Warnings system is up

Warnings System

To help promote a friendly and fun atmosphere in GM we have decided to implement a warning system.

* If a leader or deputy witnesses foul behaviour on the servers or forum towards a fellow GM clan member or another person you will be given a warning.
    * Each star denotes 1 warning.
    * 1 warning is automatically removed at the start of every month if good behaviour has been maintained.
    * 5 warnings and you will be kicked out of the clan. Whether this is permanent or temporary is dependent on a leader's judgement and will be discussed beforehand.

4. eoN

Re: Warnings system is up

i like the stars, maybe make it 5/5 to start and you lose a star each time you behave badly (probably to complex)

5. Bun

NOooOooo UUuuuUu!

6. Re: Warnings system is up

nice one bun, i like those too.

and well done dark!

7. Re: Warnings system is up

Easier from a programming point of view to start at 0 tbh

8. Re: Warnings system is up

Logically, starting from nil is best.

9. Re: Warnings system is up

And any new members will default to 0 (null in the database) which would really mess things up.

10. Re: Warnings system is up

how did u do that?

11. eoN

Cant you just swap the images around so null is 5 stars...

(Technically you could leave the writing beside it and say its the amount of stars lost.)

Also probably the wrong place to post this but its to early for a new thread.

I think another requirement for being in and joining GM should be to be active unless you have said your on holiday etc (theres a few members who havent been on in a fair while)

12. Re: Warnings system is up

I suppose we could, but now that the images are warning signs rather than stars, it doesn't seem right.

Also yeah, we're currently discussing a new policy for inactive members. (it will probably be something like 1-2 warnings per week)

13. eoN

maybe just make it a kick if someone is offline for longer than a month and if it turns out they where in hospital or somin let them back in but otherwise they have to recruit like everyone else?

Unless like they are on holiday etc or they need a break for education.

Or maybe make a new thing so previous members (that didnt get kicked out for doing something bad like abusing admin etc) can get back in if they can prove they are still good and they pass a vote? Like a speeded up process

14. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

A month seems a little harsh :P There's so many reasons people could be offline for a while, think if we need to let inactive members go that needs some thinking about.

15. eoN

A month is a pritty long time if we are going to cap the amount of members...

Its kinda unfair to have a cap of 50 if lets say 5 where never online (i only know of one person thats not been online in ages)

16. eoN

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  17. Re: Warnings system is up

havent ever seen even 1 of them playing

18. eoN

Same, that was just a quick view of the last log on times on the forum and tbh i think everyone in GM should at least check the forums once a fortnight otherwise i dont see how they can help GM? And they wont have any idea about the changes GM has gone through etc. Just seems kinda pointless to be in a clan and not even talk or play games...

19. Re: Warnings system is up

Each of the members you mentioned has received 3 warnings, further inactivity will lead to their removal from GM. (Yay, looks like I'm not the one with the most warnings now :lol: )

BTW, The profile page (along with anything else that displays profile fields other than viewtopic) does not yet show warnings correctly :(

20. Re: Warnings system is up

sexsi, she having too many connection problems it seems.... failing to connect to server after a few tries..

waiting to talk to her, about the currently problem she having. last logged in stream was 20 days ago :|

other two guys, seem to be inactive according to the HLStatsX

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)