What is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Danny, 8 Apr 2009.

1. Spykodemon Disabled account

Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

This has happened before, only 1 or 2 people leave.

2. Spykodemon Disabled account

Ok what the fuck? Th is the best leader I have seen in ages. I know we are on the same side here but that comment is just bullshit imo.

3. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Ok im gonna make some pro post right now with NO flaming at all.Let me tell some ppl some stuff about GM in general and how it all started...After Core's old clan quit he decided to make a new one with same ppl and some new ones.They started a match team and the servers were addition because they wanted to have a "fanbase" on the sideline.But GM has grown so big that they ended up having 3 teams Z/F/E.Gm started to look like a bunch of ppl from that moment more than a clan,then ppl tried to pick up the clan pass again by setting rules for the ppl who wanted to join,because everyone would let his friends in.Now Core is gone and Th has mostly taken over the lead of the scene..

As for now,i do agree that GM is looking like crap,not being offensive towards th or anything(you tried to make it a team again by allowing new ppl)but it kinda failed because some wrong ppl got into the clan and other ppl feel offended by it.It is indeed totally NOT cool to have complete retards in your clan,i agree with it(winks towards pissmidget:D)My point further being that this clan has grown TO big,with unskilled ppl that do not think rationally for themselves.There is ppl that indeed TRY to become better(look at discos little match last night,epic fun)This clan needs the wiping brush run trough it at the speed of a train.There are some serious retards in this clan who just join because its COOL to have a GM tag,because on public this clan just looks like "i wear the tagg im better than you" sort of thing.This clan is a competitive clan and fun is also in it on the sideline,doesnt mean that the fun MUST take the upperhand like some ppl CLAIM in here(you know if you said it)

What is also going wrong is the fact that ppl whom have powers given to them to help the server are abusing it to get attention from leaders to notice that they dont agree with the current situation of this clan and they'r using it in a bad way.

Out of this whole bullcrap i learn the following: - Some ppl will leave this clan if no actions are taken
    - Some ppl will get kicked out of the clan if actions are taken
    - Some ppl might even WAKE THE FUCK UP

Yours truely and superbeloved,

Tricky^

4. Spykodemon Disabled account

Can someone call the drama army to defuse this bomb please?

Most of you have escalated a situation which really had nothing to do with you, this started as something silly, and now some of you have escalated it to the point where people are leaving.

(I am reffering to the forum moving bit, the 2nd bit was a deliberate attempt to neutralize the whole situation)

Just keep your nose out, and maybe we would be fine. Also, you have NO idea what goes on with the dedi. there are 15 servers on 1 dedi, so it's bound to crash.

I have NEVER been so pissed off in ages...

5. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

It does in this clan.Spyko how do we blow this whole thing up?You deleted forums and made a superpost on the mainpage ....

6. Fromage "The Cheese"

Better raise the issue and solve them than holding it within yourself, I can guarantee you that that will make people leave rather than trying to find a solution to the problem. If you and geit listen to the critique, discuss the problems in the clan and then tell the members how things will work out from now on that's good enough for me. If we just decide to kick anyone who doesn't behave it won't work, I myself don't believe in punishments.

Raise the issues, discuss, do something, take constructive criticism and inform the members will lead GM to victory again, not before.

Erik

7. Spykodemon Disabled account

If banning me or geit will solve this issue, then go ahead.

8. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

The fact that YOU don't have fun, while so many others do, seems to indicate that the problem is yours.

It is relevant: if you have decided to do this by yourself and the majority of the clan does not support your actions, then how can you take that action?

Who has considered the changes? 'We' decided that you don't mind losing the part of the clan that won't stick - who are 'you' and how upon what do you base your authority?

I am not acting like a prick, I am asking that a certain level of manners and decorum be maintained - calling people pricks and idiots is childish.

9. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

IT´S TRICKEEEEEY!

yo man, whazzap over there?

have to agree with you.

/sign

@piss: I told you I fully support Geit and Spyko :)

And so do others in clan, but tey have to say it themselves.

10. Fromage "The Cheese"

That's what I said wasn't the solution.. but you have to agree that the current situation isn't working?

I do think we can get it to work if we all try to do something about it... if no one cares or want to try then yes, maybe ban will be the only solution. I admire anyone with technical skills, knowledge and time to help out dealing with a community and servers for free but if those people insult/makes other people upset then you might reconsider your role here.

Im off for the gym now, got to pump some iron, will be back in 2 hours to see what's new. :)

Erik

11. Vendetta GM's better half

"There are problems with the clan and clan members know this"

thats the problems - power trips, rules and egos - quite frankly I have been having great fun recently on forums and in matches and on dustbowl and for geit to say its not a fun community anymore - then your doing something wrong, if your not happy with the community, simply leave, plenty of people wanting to join

GM is GM because of the community that supports it, not the members or leaders or admins or any of that crap.

I was at work earlier when I saw the forums where taken down and I was devastated, but now I wish they'd of stayed down the ways I've seen geit talk to people is just dam right rude and out of order.

keyboard heroes ftl

some people play for fun, some people play competativly

but neither of these groups can slag off the other - its TF2, its a team game.

until your getting paid to play TF2 your just as lame as everyone else.

12. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Piss and Th, the overly competitive leaders who play on dustbowl at least an hour a day and WHO BAN YOU IF NOT PLAY MATCH ALL THE THIEMES!!111

13. Th-

Fun vs competitive

There seems to be a popular and significant misconception or the "competitiveness" of our clan, let me clear it out for everyone.

GM was changed to "private community" some weeks ago because the history with Z/F/E had taught us some of the problems of setting up teams. What this means is that we are not a "clan", but simply a public community. However one of the "big changes" I was hired to do as a leader was to bring a new level of teamplay to our TF2 experience. Some insist that we should be a "fun" -oriented community and find reasons to prove our problems. I find this simply odd. We have been and always will be a "fun" oriented bunch but now we have just added that teamwork in TF2 adds to the pleasurable experience.

So what has changed then? In order to work for the team, one simply MUST know something. Teamwork will not be achieved by buying TF2 and connecting to a server, you really need to understand a bit of the game. In addition a certain lowish-threshold of cooperation can only be achieved when members of this "teamwork" -oriented community understand aspects of classes and battle in general. THIS is the goal I have been working so hard to get to, and most likely my military training has been an asset, hence the promotion. The bulk of the problems to reach this basic level of understanding has resulted from the central role of Dustbowl server and whatever comes with it.

I find it odd that some think I want everyone to become highly skilled and professional gamers... I don't. I just want everyone to get over the very first level of gameplay skill so that they can play a game and actually work for the team, even for a small part.

Considering this I also find it fully expected why Geit doesn't understand this definition of fun... your TF2 skill and teamwork ability are almost no-existent. Doesn't it say anything that Fromage hasn't seen you on servers? My intention is not to trash you, just say that your "fun" is just about messing around. Having a community based on that is not long-lived I believe

14. Geit Coding wizard!

Apparently the only way to raise an issue that will actually be considered within the leadership is to do something like this, I've been poking at the leadership for months to change the direction, the most notice I got was a thread discussing if I should be kicked from the clan or not, which was started by Th.

Who said anything about kicking, I would like changes to be made regardless of what happens and who leaves, people who are not willing to stick through change should probably not be in the clan, I've stuck through some of the appauling changes that Th (And the recent leadership) has made.

I'm all ears for the divine plans that the leadership has to kill the clan off completely, GM has been slowly going down hill ever since Core left and Th joined, and I would hazard a guess at saying that it's moreso because of the latter.

15. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Very well said - the reason I play with voi is because of the people I play with, the reason I am still in GM is because of the people who make up the community - playing with either voi or GM people still leaves me in tears of laughter and with a strong sense of friendship - the GM servers are popular and great fun, a new team is in the making, and they appear to be having a great time playing matches with other new teams, and we are having fun filling the rotation server as and when we can - I don't see any problems with any of that 0.o

16. shadiku nyoro~n

-snip-

17. Spykodemon Disabled account

lol

18. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

OK; here's my input:

I joined GM towards the end of January of this year. I joined because the servers we fun, the people on them were fantastic and the moderation of the servers for cheaters/ hackers/ spammers etc was well maintained. None of this has changed to this day. We have some amazing members of this community and some fantastic players who can teach us so much. When I started to join GM, I remember getting so frustrated at some of the regular GM members because they were so good -- this made me want to better myself and have fun in the process of doing so. We have the likes of Th- and Piss who are serious players on our servers to try and teach people how to play the game at a higher level. This is good because if you wish to improve, you can. There is no obligation to improve if you do not want to, and so you can stick with the |GM| tag to say that you support the clan in a non-competitive way. We then have the other side, with the likes of Disco, who show us the lighter side of playing the game! If Disco is on a team, you'll be sure that everyone will want to be on it because the interaction he has with the members of the community is outstanding. This provides the servers with a mix of both competitive and fun members which I completely support.

As for some of the posts on this forum in particular: get a grip. All these flames and talk of "rank" and "you're a 13 year old" or "you don't have an opinion" are all irrelevant. At the end of the day you need to ask yourself one question: "Is this community what I want?" Because if it isn't what you want; then maybe it's time to move on.

In regards to the amount of admin: I've said it before and I'll say it again: how often have you been on the GM servers when you've felt like you've been cheated? Or thought "God I wish there were an admin around to stop all this madness". I'm going to bet on never for the most part. This is because the members of the GM community have admin for a reason. They have shown their ability to mediate on a situation and take appropriate action. This is one of the many reasons that our servers are so popular. Please note that this paragraph references "normal" admin who, at most, have rcon access. We have all shown our maturity in dealing with situations and so are rewarded and trusted with these powers. I'm yet to see one of us abuse this power, but if you do see this happen then please report it and let it be dealt with.

In regards to the amount of moderators: We have: 1 Founder, 1 leader, 3 deputy leaders and two regular moderators on our forums. This is why our servers do well: we have a system in place where leaders are able to act for the better of the community and for the servers, and hence why they have forum power. So just by having five "leaders" we already have five moderators no matter how you look at it or how small the forums are.

I have never directly referenced someone in a post to "shame" them on-line as I don't believe that it's even worth giving them the time as that is what they want: to continue the flame war. But KJ you are out of line. I consider you to be a fantastic sniper and, at one time, a lot of fun to play with. However; the way that you have portrayed yourself and the way in which you have been so quick to judge everyone is fundamentally flawed and wrong. As Eric said: you talk about people who are thirteen acting immature, when you yourself are flaming them. You talk about not being bothered if you are banned or get warnings, so what I would like to say to you is this: leave. You obviously don't care about this community, you just like to give us the benefit of your schadenfreude and flame anyone who says otherwise. Am I wrong with this?

Our "tech team" maintains these servers to a very high standard. They've been out of line within the last few days, but a lot of you are forgetting that this isn't a company and it isn't run by professionals: it is however run and maintained by people who are below the age of sixteen. Their proficiency in programming and technical expertise is amazing for their age, and the amount of time and effort they put in behind the scenes is more than what you may realise. Don't randomly flame them, because you probably don't understand the problems that have caused the actions they have taken. It is down to leadership and Darki to sort out these problems and address the cause - you can state your opinion on the subject; but you can never truly understand the pressures that they are under to maintain the servers and keep them up -- so please don't flame them with abusive comments: report the abuse and trust that the people in positions of power take appropriate action.

I love this community; so much so that I'm even trying to gather a new team for matches against other clans. These matches are so much fun that everyone should have the chance to play them, and that is what GM is here for. To provide members of our servers with what they want; be it fun or be it for serious game play.

Savage

Oh and by the way: I find it interesting how many people feel the need to swear to get their point across -- you don't. Swearing achieves nothing but the further degradation of our fourms and our community.

19. Geit Coding wizard!

If people wanted to add to their team-play they would join a competitive clan, Team-play is better achieved when it is not forced by a leader.

No, no-one MUST know anything, people should be able to choose, and you deny them that choice.(Did you know that some people play the game to have fun, not for "Team-play")
    Self-glorifying much?

This level of "skill" of which you speak is more than what I was required to do even when I was playing for F team, for that short time that I was on it.
    Wow, just wow. You are totally hopeless aren't you? Fromage does know me, even if vaguely I perma-banned him for admin-disrespect once. I leave the server when you come on, because it instantly becomes boring having someone who is obsessed with winning, rather than having a bit of fun playing the game.

20. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

YOU ARGUING PEOPLES! YOU MAKE SASHA CRY WITH YOUR BAD WORDS! THEY HURT THE FEELINGSES!

POW

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whats going on about GM