What is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Danny, 8 Apr 2009.

1. Spykodemon Disabled account

Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Finally, someone realises that managing 15 servers at once isnt' a 2-click thing, it's a hard, and in some cases, a very time consuming job.

2. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Maybe we should think about trying to cut the number of servers down a little.

3. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

I think we are all forgetting one simple point this is a game and we all play it for fun, be it the public or competitive side. Both sides are FUN in their own way.

Now as a community/clan (whatever it is) we are still all playing a game and whichever direction within that game you choose to follow the community should support that decision.

Many a people join a clan/community because they enjoy the company of the people they meet and they want the feeling that they belong. Now if after joining GM they decide they which to venture towards / experiment with the competitive side then know one can or should say anything against it.
    Personally the clan/community should make all avenues within TF2 open to everyone then they can make their own choice on what they do, but don’t take away people’s rights to make their own decisions by inflicting your own choices upon them.

Having a broad range of skills within GM is great, know one within the clan/community is elitist, its just as with real life everyone is different, get over it.

4. LienK Wat

Ok, I know what I think but I have no idea if I'm going to manage writing it properly.. But here goes:

In my opinion the problem lies with the people with the power in this community. In my opinion NO action should be taken before it has been discussed in the admin forum. All admins should like eachother, or else there is bound to be arguments between them. I'm fine with arguments, but not the way they are happening here. This thread is a very good example of this. 90% of the stuff in here is cursing and flaming, and a lot of it is done by admins. Admins should set a good example for the rest of the community, and I really don't think this is happening here. On the contrary, what you do makes it seem to the other people that it is ok to do so, and therefore they also do it.

I've only really got experience from one other community, but that community works like a charm. It's not as active as it used to be, but back when it was active there were a lot of people who didn't like eachother. This was a SA:MP community, and in-game you could create gangs. The people who liked eachother grouped in one gang, and the gangs often had great problems with eachother. And obviously there was some less civilized quarrels from time to time. But not as often has here. And the main reason for that, I think, is because the rules are not enforced here. If they were, people would not break them. To add to this I think the rules should be A LOT stricter. If you do something bad (insult, being an arse etc) you would get a warning. Do something bad after this would make you end up on the last warning list. Being an idiot while being on the last warning list = ban. A permanent ban in some scenarios. This was the case in the previously mentioned community, and I think that is what made it work so well.

But if enforcing the rules and the "strict rules thing", as mentioned above is to work. The people who enforce the rules should not be one of the guys who break them. This is a problem here, not a big one though. 98%+ of the admins are good guys. But the its the remaining that equals the problem. If an admins does something that deserves a warning (Or even less), that person should be removed from the admin position IMMIDIATELY. To bring up the SA:MP community again; here people can't apply for admin. Being an admin here is really something special. To describe how special; there might be a new admin once a year. When you'd been around for a while and behaved well and been helpful to new players etc, an admin might've noticed your good behaviour post your name in the admin section on the forum. Then the admins discuss if this player should become admin. This has resulted in a lot of good things. I have NEVER seen an admin curse at another admin or player there. And even the thought of that is unbelivable to me. And I have NEVER seen an admin abuse the stuff they have access to in any way. One reason for that is that they are not the kind of guys that would do something like that, and another is that they know they would be removed immidiately. To give an example, quote from the rules:

If an admin tells you to stop doing something you stop. Even if you aren't breaking a rule. The rules are here as a ground work for the server. That doesn't mean you can do anything and everything that's not on the rules. Use common sense and listen to the admins. They can ban anyone they want for anything they want. This is not your server, and the admins do not have to listen to anything you say. The admins have the final say in anything they want. If an admin says something about rules or a player's punishment then the discussion is over. If you have a problem with this admins will not care.

^ Even with that much room to play in, no admin abuses or curses, EVER.

Okay that must've been the longest post I've ever written, I guess that tells you how much I care for this community. And also I don't know how much of it is going to make sense and it might be hard to find my points. So I am going to put them down here:
    - Less, admins with more power. 10 admins would be a good number. As Ive read in here somewhere, not many admins use their power for anything. And so it is pointless to have that many, when some of them could do a lot of damage. (No, not less admins with much power. Less admins, but these few admins should have more power)
    - The few admins that are, should be awesomely (that a word?) nice people.
    - The admins should all be equal. No "server admin", "forum mod", "Leader" and "Deputy leader". Just admin. And perhaps a leader (Dark), if a problem should occur between the admins.
    - Enforce the rules a lot harder!
    - The problem does not lie with the competitive/fun conflict. (Ok I didn't write that above but it just now came to mind)
    - Geit and Spyko should be cut off from any power they may have (Sorry, I appreciate all the good stuff you have done, but it does not make up for the bad stuff. I'd love to see you back in a while when you've hopefully dropped this kind of attitude)

+1 to all that has written in here, minus Spyko, Geit, Tricky, Grendal and KJ.
    And an extra plus to Danny, Th, Piss, Vendetta, Fromage and DaZeD, Savage, you are all awesome.

Sorry if I contradict myself or say anything that doesn't make sense (I've heard that a lot on different forums, lol), cus it's surely not the intention. I'm not good at writing long posts.

LienK

5. Vendetta GM's better half

apologies but...

ROFL!

6. Geit Coding wizard!

7. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Revolution starts to bore me.

We should do it like the Frensh and guillotine all leaders, eh? :D

8. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

[​IMG]

9. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Look, I've been around longer than most people, and I think it's time that I shared my opinion on these matters.
    All of this started because one person, who hasn't even played the game lately, is unhappy with the "overly-competitive" leadership.

First off, Geit, Spyko, Darki, yes, you do a good job of managing the servers. If the workload is too high then lose the ZM/ZPS servers since, afaik, nobody in GM actually plays them. The people who do are regulars on those servers only, not involved in the forums or TF2, on top of that they are generally CSS-type of players.

Well, about the overly competitive leadership... ??? I've witnessed both Piss and Th organizing heavy-only rushes on the servers. I've seen both building dispensers in front of other people's sentries so they no longer fire...etc. So, first argument, always wanting to win: Countered
    Another thing, how can winning and having fun not go hand in hand? Competitivity implies wanting to win, but when I'm playing competitive matches with voi, I have fun whether we win or lose. And what is wrong with wanting to win on dustbowl? Is it more fun to lose than to win? You can have fun and mess around, spam a bit, and still push at the same time so you actually cap the points. Second argument: Fun + Competitivity = Impossible: Countered
    In my opinion this effectively proves that the leadership themselves are not overly competitive in any way whatsoever. Also, what does it matter if they are since it does not affect the other people in any way, but I'll address that in my next paragraph.

Moving on to the next point. You said something about people being forced into playing competitive matches? If you could kindly explain to me how one does that, it would be much appreciated. The only ways I can think of is either threatening to kick you from the clan or physically travelling to where you are and force you. Both are ridiculous and haven't taken place.
    People don't have to play competitively. If they choose to, it is offered to them. We spectated last night's GM match and today I've been giving some tips to Benito on how he can improve his gameplay by tweaking some settings. The experienced competitive people can help the new ones. The correct way to look at this is a positive one, not a negative one.
    When I first joined GM I was terrible. But I improved and after a while I was offered to play in the F team, I decided to take the opportunity and I still play with voi, because I enjoy it. I wasn't, by any means, forced to play for them though. A simple "No thanks." would have sufficed.

About yesterday's/today's behaviour. You know already. It was completely out of line. You have no authority whatsoever to block access to the forum. It's easy to say Darki gave you permission if he's not even here. For all of this I do think your powers should be taken away. I'm only 17 myself, I can remember clearly what it's like to be going through puberty. You're just not supposed to have that kind of power when your hormones control your actions. I know how much it sucks to have older people act superior, but they rightfully do so. You won't see it now and hate me for it, but you'll understand later. Your actions are unacceptable and based on your frustration over nothing at all.

The solution to this is simple. Geit should be kicked out of the clan and stripped of his powers. He abused the powers and rather than apologizing he verbally abused other people. Not exactly the sort of attitude we need. Spyko changes his mind every five seconds it seems, he's not a bad guy but shouldn't have the power he has either. As for grendal and anyone else who doesn't agree with how things are being run nowadays: They are considered positive changes by the majority of the community. You can either accept that or move on. Just please don't whine about it every chance you get.

10. Spykodemon Disabled account

That kind if attitude, especially from a leader, I do not appreciate.

11. Spykodemon Disabled account

*f10*

12. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Double Post!

13. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

WOW, WTF!

First of all, I never intended this thread to start a flame session. I thought that with the recent issues, the community forums may be the best place to try to come to some understanding on what was going on, obviously we can't even have a simple discussion without someone slagging someone off, which is pathetic.
    All I was trying to do was be helpful, I know that the server admins are an easy target, and they may/may not be at fault in the issues at hand, all I was trying to say was that IMO the closer of the forums due to some disagreements in the hierarchy was a joke, like someone said in an earlier post, whoever the person(s) was who was responsible should have at the very least spoken to some of the Leaders and informed them of what action they were going to take, but to do it without any hesitation is unforgivable, it was soon obvious to that person, as sometime later the forums were back on-line.

I have know found that the biggest problem for this community/clan, it isn't the amount of admins you have running the show (although I still think this is a big problem) your biggest problem is in fact communication, there simply isn't any, which I find hard to believe, as I get on with all of the following GM member (I like to think) and they to me have great communication.

TH, Disco, Piss, Apex, Savage, Benito, Tonka, Vacoy, DJShrew, Beau, Nomad, FastJohn and so on.... (sry if I didnt mention you)

@Geitiegg,
    Your reply, regarding why my initial application was rejected was a bit harsh I thought, but your entitled to your opinion, albeit childish and pathetic.

Please tell me where I insulted you, I don't remember doing so?

14. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

From now on if you want some communication,my vent has always been available for GM ppl.Community ppl can join and MATCH ppl already use it...I think if ppl use it it will create a better community.

Vent details:eurovent1.gameservers.com port 4224
    gamingmasters channelpassword: gamingmasters

EVERYONE CAN USE THIS,PLEASE DO IF YOU CAN.

Loads of fun on it

EDIT:no dickheads allowed

15. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

:(

16. Spykodemon Disabled account

Wouldn't it just be best to forget about this issue? that would probably be the best thing.

Move this thread to the graveyard section?

17. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

I think this has gone too far to forget about it. If you lock this thread before the issue is resolved it will only get worse and GM really will die.

Sure, some players may decide to leave during all of this drama, but it really does need to get resolved if you want this community to continue to exist.

18. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

Overdrive already left, and I have had enough of these people not being able to talk to each other without flaming them.

But you guys seem to ignore my posts. (Th, wendelinka, garion. Not you.)

19. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Call me flamer or not.. but problems seems to be fixed after i have flamed.. so..

I find it okay they run the servers, ( 15 lolwot, link me them )

But atm the RDP access made them go crazy and think they ran this show.. I noticed this first time, Geit didnt want to add MaxClass, after a request from a leader.

If this problems skips without Spyko being removed, i will for sure never comeback ..

Btw spyko, you can realy just keep flaming my speellliing, i´m not english like you.. so i dont care, i´m not trying to make it perfect, you only make me think you are more and more retarded

-KJ the random flamer.

20. Spykodemon Disabled account

Sorry man I just can't find anything else to insult you for, I must admit. You caught me off guard.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)