What is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Danny, 8 Apr 2009.

1. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Uhm... is there anybody here who wants you? :?

2. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Same for you?

3. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Sorry I have to disappoint you, but no.

4. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

I see what you did there

5. Th-

Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Me and Overdrive go way back and I know he has been about to leave for weeks now. Having real life stuff to attend to is perfectly normal, he probably just didn't want to get involved in this incident and decided it was his time to go.

I am not worried any bit that our community would tear apart from a few people messing around. Like Fromage said, keep talking so we can solve the issues.

Vacoy, is there something specific you'd like us to reply?

6. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

I have nothing to hide :)

7. Spykodemon Disabled account

Time is a great healer.

Give this a few days and we will be back on track as usual. I am sure we all know this because this isn't the first time something has been drastically overreacted upon.

8. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

I said that (too)! Damn Fromage stealin' mah creditz! :evil: :lol:

9. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

You both seem to have removed your colour, did you leave?

10. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

I'm really sad to see that there is all these so called problems within the Clan community. Yes we all have our defects from time to time but come on Most of us are not immature and we shud settle this properly without any obscene language.

Power struggle crap needs to stop as well!!

Now when i first joined Gm its was a great place to go and chill with and awesome guys to play with. To me Nothing has changed we still have problems yes but to be honest most of that is kept behind closed doors. we all still play together and we help everyone else out should they need assistance or whateva.I'm sad to see overdrive go as he's such an awesome guy but he has real life commitments and has cut down drastically on tf2 so good luck in all that u do buddy we'll miss the killer scout :P

And as far as "Gm going downhill" how can this be true when the last few weeks have seen savage,disco and myself come up with a 12 man/woman team and have already had 3(i think) matches so far. if that is not going forward withing the private sector of the community then what is it?

11. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

I laughed so hard my sides ached... Tenacious D crack me up :lol:

12. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

mmm. Tasty.

Let me get one thing straight, kids: Competitive tf2 and fun tf2 is not always the same. For my part, quite a lot of you still know me (f*load of new faces tho.).
    What i wanna say is, if you play the comp tf2, you'll get to see the worst in mankind. That is, an elitist attitude and flames everywhere.
    I agree with Ana, it's fun if you play on the level you are on and enjoy these games there.

Just dont make the mistake to try and go "higher" with a pressure on yourself.
    Playing on the GM servers was always kinda fun for me back then, and i'd actually join decent 24 player ones to play some scout or whatever. Thing is though, the teamwork and tactics are way more important, and you might not enjoy publics anymore. That's what happened to me, and at times i think it's kinda sad.

About the whole admin stuff, you should check if something's needed, or if it needs a change. And if not, leave it the f* alone.

13. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

EDIT4: thought id add a lil funky tune =) enjoy while reading
    [youtube:394yrx97]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mIExT2TMgmg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mIExT2TMgmg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:394yrx97]

everytime any drama has happened in GM it somehow goes right =) most of it is just due to realisation and people opening their eyes
    its been about a year now and everyone has been through alot, GM is still alive and kicking
    would not worry about it one bit. just that time of the month ^^

one thing has been missing since the winter period. Communication.
    someone mentioned this to me who doesnt even play on the servers! steam/forum announcements
    get the word across! even if you dont no them well they are still part of this community therefore you.

whatever has been happening there has been no announcements of recent changes, however large or small. there have been a few but every change counts. information shouldnt be kept secret, share your thoughts and ideas while taking others into account. as sad as this sound... we are one =)

appreciate all the effort thats put in from the tech team, they are keeping the servers/forums intact Even if there are a few mistakes there is no need to blame them as they fix the problem anyway! be thankful they are here or there is No GM, they deserve more credit and really are amazing people when you understand what they are capable of. these guys will be famous someday u realise? they are that gd =)

leaders are priotising GM over their own comfort and free time, do not think they are doing nothing for you as they are there for you as much as you are for them. if you have a problem to address, address it to them. Th is the current leader and hes taken this as a Positive (not negative) catalyst to Improve GM, he wants to no what he can do for you - and so do all the other leaders Core, Disco, Darki, Nomad, Piss

as for spyko, yes it was inappropriate but did you ever talk to him b4 all this happened? as soon as it happened i asked around and got an explaination after explaination. every action has a reason, his reasoning was just but still out of order... then again Who the hell has the balls to admit and say sorry for what they have done to an entire community?

its great to see the community expressing themselves. say whats on your mind, positive or negative - we help one another out whether its in/outgame experience and try to make it the best experience you can have.
    please keep it civil though... for example this topic name "What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?" what sort of a signal does that say to us? freaks people out... scared me anywhos =P
    if anyone mentions something try to atleast understand why they are saying it instead of an immediate thought that its an offense directed at you.
    take a moment to read the post, your post and review it again before you hit submit. if they have mentioned something that has been directed at you there is always PMs and steam to talk to them directly. no real need to draw the attention of the whole community and make matters worse.
    after every recovery from a 'drama' it still occurs again and again.

real life gets to us but no need to execute it onto someone else, atleast tell someone what your going through at the moment so people can understand.
    spoken to many ppl/members about my life and such and such via msn/steam/facebook/ventrilo and it really does help =) gets alot out of the system knowing there are people there for you
    use Trickys ventrilo service if you want to chat casually or use it for teamtalk, he has offered us this for free even tho hes not part of the clan. its empty nowadays =(

have read all the comments on this topic - personally i dont give a crap whats been said.
    From this point on mention what has been said but put it into context, reasoning and give it thought.
    Replies are just as important, add to it. If you do not understand someones input or take it as a direct remark to you, ask... then repeat the above. Make it relevant

sorry i know the grammars not great and its a bundle to read but there you go =) cant ask much for a guy who does art can you? ^^ enjoy

EDIT: yay waebi nice to hear from you man. for example waebis post =) starting to feel like that too, gets a little bit too much sometimes and gets frustating when a team is not a team. sad to see that fun side of tf2 slowly drifting away however its still fun competitively with teams of equal skill and arent complete dykes =P

imo Th- has proposed a change to a more competitive side to GM because of this, and im sure alot of the more veteran and new players agree with this. look at the new squad appearing =)
    theres no fun if you are getting raped all the time. likewise if you constantly win... sometimes =P
    expanding the horizons beyond dustbowl and onto the rotation server was one way to enforce this, and from just being with the community you can tell they do like the expansions. players themselves become better and thats what some people are aiming for aswell
    fun side of tf2 has gotten old, so does any sort of gimmick so dont just think 'hmm GM is the problem here'.

alot of members here joined through simply just for who they are and not determined by their skill. take into account many of them do not have the time to constantly improve themselves, like anyone else, they just want to have fun. if they arent having a guud time talk to them, even do something with them. i no i have many occasions... a simple invite might turn someones day around =)

EDIT2: whether we like it or not, things are changing and we have to adapt. small things such as your interest in tf2 or a relationship irl... people are changing, so will the community and in the end your experience on the servers. if things are getting waiii out of hand just take a break =) like Spyko said, time is a healer... for many things.

EDIT3: wise words from Auntie Dave =)

14. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

I just don't know what to say to this..give me a few hours sleep and I might be able to get you a paragraph or so.

I hope this will tide you over for now:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  15. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

honest to god, i am getting sick of these threads popping up. every single time it's one guy with a grievance, with a few other generally pissed off members joining in. add in some recent drama between people with a combined mental age of less than my last crap, tricky sticking his nose in for absolutely no reason but to add fuel to the flames, and most people in the community wondering just what the hell is going on and whether there is in fact an actual problem with GM.

no. no there isnt.

the majority of the community gets on well with each other, the games are fun, and the atmosphere is generally great, the current leaders are at worst reasonable, and im perfectly happy with whatever direction it is the GM crew take- so long as it doesnt leave us behind.

this thread sucks and is now about commemorative plates

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  16. Re: What the fuck is going on, is GM about to die.....?

Uncle Dave I now love you.

17. Geit Coding wizard!

I actually did apoligise, in the post 4 above yours, someone appears to have taken some liberties with the edit tool and deleted what I said though.

And i didn't actually abuse anything, Spyko has been the one who took the forums down, sure, I was in on it(Even if I wasn't, I don't have a copy of the site to fix problems like that), but I didn't do it(Most of the actions this week have been spyko's.). Yes, I verbally abused people, but I don't take lightly to a personal insult, for which I'm sorry.

18. Geit Coding wizard!

I'm not going to link them, but i can list them....

2 ZP:S servers
    2 ZM Servers
    6~7 TF2 servers
    1 GMOD server
    Total: 11 servers.

I added Maxclass, and got hit by a near-instant barrage of complaints from the servers, and so removed it. As I understand Th made the decision to have MaxClass without any prior disscussion in the leadership, only after the drama that it caused was a discussion made.

19. Geit Coding wizard!

Spyko deleted the usergroup, probably for the best. (Just have to make server admin my primiary group to get my normal color back.)

20. Geit Coding wizard!

Right, now apology time, I did this once already, but someone appears to have deleted or edited the post, so I'm going to save this one in notepad.

The rage behind this thread appears to have died down mostly, lets try to keep it civil and without swearing from this point on.

@Danny- What I said to you in this thread was out of order I know, but I was pretty pissed off, yes I know that the point of this thread is that we shouldn't have powertrips or whatever, but this week has bothered me to no-end, first Spyko started his antics, then he moved the forum folder, then he replaced it, then...well it's a long story that will just spark more debate, so I'll stop now.
    Danny, sorry for my offensive behaviour towards you.

@KJ, Sorry for the flames, I'm sure you can brush them off though.

@Th, I still think your an elitist *****, but regardless of that, Sorry for the offensive posts I have directed at you. You are right, I do feel that I need a bigger say, but that's because we/I have gone over the last few months with no/very little say, this incident has given us a voice and way of getting the message across(Which was it's sole intention, I think.), I didn't speak up on the Values and goals because you were getting ready to kick me from the clan, so I had to stay in-line.

@Everyone else, Sorry for any flames that may have offended you.

@People wanting to kick me from the clan for abuse; I didn't do anything, I supported the actions, but I did not execute them myself. Spyko is the one who has engineered this incident, I'm hoping on the bandwagon, in the hope for a better GM, This seemed like the last viable way to do it.

@Dark, Sorry for this week, I know your going to go mad when you see this, i've sent you a PM, and I may send another(Or edit the one I sent).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)