Why do I get a feeling sourcemod is fucked?

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Reag, 17 Nov 2009.

1. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Why do I get a feeling sourcemod is fucked?

You might want to look into this, prophunt is not loading correctly at all.
    None of the sm commands work.
    Just a note for you all.

Also my sourcebans account has suddenly vanished or the details have been changed.

2. Geit Coding wizard!

OH SHI-

Right, here's the story. -

Last night, a load of fakeslot servers got their hostname changed and were reporting all kinds of weird things in the server browser. Obviously, this wasn't a threat to us as we don't run fake slots. But, I got contacted around 2am by an admin from ClanAO (Who got affected by the initial exploit) that this may be an issue with users being able to upload files to the sourcemod plugin dir and that it was becoming wide-spread fast and that the only way to stop it from happening is denying write access to the sourcemod dir.

After a little questioning of the admin from AO, I found out that it also requires the exploiter to know the name of the dir for the sourcemod dir, so I changed the name of the sourcemod dir to something else and edited the .VDF accordingly.

Anyway, after even more research I found out that this bug had been fixed ages ago and the admin from AO had mis-diagnosed the issue (I think it may have been some type of Steam cloud or Master server exploit), so I reverted the changes to the sourcemod dir but forgot to correct the .VDF.

So, that's why sourcemod is broken, sadly I can't fix it from school (Gay filter), so dark will have to fix it the moment he gets back from school.

3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Any chance of sorting my sourcebans account though?

4. Fixed I think

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prophunt vdf

2. source mod fucked