Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by `Lew, 13 Nov 2008.

1. Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

just as the realise of L4D isn yonder the horizon, i am asking will you be purchasing the game, and do you think/hope it will have a place within [GM], not like, switching from a tf2 based clan to L4D but, as its a highly anticipated game, i think it may be worthy enough of a sub forum :)

also, a load of people are getting the game, i need convicing why i should get it, all people buying it, convice me.

on a side note: this thread is used for all discussion of L4D from now on.

sorry kidcaster, 11 is too young for zombie games.

2. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

Don't buy the game unless you are at least 18 or you will have nightmares.

I have the game (just playing the demo at the moment) and it is eerie and intense, especially if you play solo at night. On expert mode you must absolutely work together or you will be devoured within seconds. If you want to do a rambo rush, play zombie mod instead.

The AI is dynamic and as a result the situation is somewhat different every time you play. There are surprises everywhere as you progress through the level, such as a "hunter" zombie that entangles you like a rope and a team mate must set you free.

Watch out for the "witch" and the "tank" zombies, they are elite and will ensure your quick death if you are insane enough to even contemplate encountering them. (well not really :lol: )

Sometimes a truck load of frenzied zombies come out of nowhere and just rush towards you like a stampede of elephants. (when this happens, all you can say is holy s**t) The witch is just way too creepy and the "tank" zombie reminds me of the incredible hulk.

There is also a finite number of heath packs, you can heal yourself and your team mates. Pills give you a temporary boost in health. Molotovs and pipe bombs are also useful in taking out groups of zombies. In the safe rooms you can usually pickup better weapons and replenish your ammo.

I will create a L4D forum only if it gains popularity within GM.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the full release next Tuesday. Left 4 Dead excels at establishing a solid sense of teamwork, desperation when being outnumbered by zombies and paranoia when not knowing what is lurking ahead.

-JD

3. Bun

Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

Core *ahem*. JD, is trying to scare me away from the game! :cry:
    Just kidding, ofc. ;)

I just tried the demo. I got 2 minutes into the game...
    I get 6 fps, and I can't see shit cause it doesn't support dx8...

4. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

If you support L4D I wanna join in! :D

5. eoN

Its called a smoker ;)

Hunters the one that pounces on people.

6. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

You're actually right :lol:

7. eoN

Im always right 8-)

:lol:

8. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

I wouldn't if I was 13/14. Guess what I was scared of the The Ring- that girl. made me so scared ,watch it when it come out. but the second movie was like huh :| (i aint scared of her anymore :P )

they run so bloody fast. and we must be fast otherwise a whole lot more comes.

yea especially on expert mode, it really different every time you play, cos the tank was suppose to come out there, but he come out behind us(we all died that time)

yea DONT WAKE UP THE WITCH, she really a b***h! :x

rofl :lol: yeah hulk=tank

9. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

I've already pre-loaded the L4D "full" server files so yes, GM will have at least one L4D server.

10. Bun

By the way, valve is going to change the tf2 engine to the l4d. That means I gotta purchase a new graphics card that supports dx 9...

*cries*

11. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

so TF2 will run on modified engine used in L4D? zomg no...

12. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0 - or you will be now able connect without lobby :3

13. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

>.< 13 n ftw... this game isnt scary... the only thing that scares me is "the boomers" cuz they r so fat!

14. eoN

PS if you like the game for its 'fear' factor watch Cloverfield and 28 days later and 28 weeks later.

Some of the best zombie flicks around :D

15. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

resident evil ftw end of.

16. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

Shaun of the Dead! :lol:

17. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

resident evil isnt that scary :x

shaun of the dead is just epic in its own way.

18. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

A word of warning, from what ive seen expert is a case of fast reactions and everyone being aware, do not take it lightly or you all dead. Its quite fun although with the people I play with anything but expert on the demo was a bit of a walk over in this first campaign.

Its supposed to be the easist campaign too so dont expect it to stay that way in the rest of them, ill see you guys around :D

19. Re: Will left 4 dead have a place in [GM] ?

yea, cakewalked through expert in the demo after a while, but the later campaigns on expert are really, really hard from what we found, and in versus mode, its even harder.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)