Will you play for GM in this most epic CW ever?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Th-, 8 Mar 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Th-

Will you play for GM in this most epic CW ever?

How would you guys feel about a large community match such as 12v12, 13v13 or even 16v16?

I've challenged the Hampshire Heavies to a match like this, and we could very well have some of our regulars playing with our private community... who would be up for it? Your thoughts?

In case I wasn't clear... its 16v16 in this match.

2. Re: A large community match

Good idea Th, sounds like alot of fun. I should have my Internet up and running by Tuesday, and it would be great to be part of a steam rolling team choo choooooo ;)

Come on guys and girls sign up quickly, as I don't think you will be wanting to miss the cut for this game :)

Any idea what maps are going to be played?

Damn, I can feel the battle rage building up inside me already Frrrrrreeeedddooomm!!!!!!!!

Heavy/medic/pyro

3. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Re: A large community match

is this for clan members or for community too :O?

4. Re: A large community match

it in the community section, so it definitely for all.

oh I'm up for it if I'm available

community matches like this would be best on weekdays or sunday and start times should be 7pm.

5. Re: A large community match

I'm avalable Monday through to Friday night time throughout this week so if it's on at night during the week I'll be there ;P.

Demo/ scout/ emergency medic (say if we need an extra one during gameplay ^^)

Savage

EDIT: *Rushes around in a mad scramble to try and get his mic back online*

6. Jolly Long Arm The Moon... It's far away!

im avaliable AFTER 7pm every day :P
    and when ever on the weekend
    scout/pyro/heavy

7. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Love to do this but wouldn't it eventually become like a pub 32 man server but than with some more skilled players? I don't think it would be a less spamfest than a pub you know...

But the idea sounds good so as long as it starts at 7pm GMT and is on Friday/the weekend then I'll play : )

8. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

at saturday im always available ;).

9. Re: A large community match

Awesome!

In.

Ummmm I know its prob in the planning stages but what will the class limits be?

Just wondering as it will be ridiculously hard to stop 4 sollies 2 demos and 2 medics if they move around together... especially if they are good to begin with.

Though 2 spies working together could be pretty effective... sooooooo much potential! xD

-Wooo

10. Re: A large community match

I can play as scout/heavy :)

11. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

I'm in, as whateveer you want (except Sniper of course >_> )

12. Re: A large community match

I'm in - any class.

13. Re: A large community match

i would play scout/pyro/spy/heavt but scout seems to be taken so it will be: pyro/spy/heavy/engi/(scout sub)

14. Th-

The Hampshire Heavies like the idea, and they propose a Wednesday for the day (in 10 days perhaps) and Badwater as one of the maps. I also suggested Badlands with it.

Random crits and random damage spread will be off, and class limit is most likely either 2 or 3. (I certainly hope not 4... that amount of guns give me the creeps)

What are your thoughts about...

-a Wednesday as the date
    -the class limits
    -the maps?

Also as an obligatory note, every player who wishes to attend this will need to have a chat with a senior member about basic logistics, VOIP software, basic class functions etc. I need everyone interested to post here and let us know you want/can play.

15. Re: A large community match

I originally thought we should have different class limits depending on whether it's 12 v 12 or 16 v 16 but have now changed my mind and think this works best:

Medic and demo = 2
    All other classes = 3

As for who can play - It will be a requirement that you have a mic and use it in-game, no mic = no play.

16. Vendetta GM's better half

i can play!

any class really as I am awesomness!

17. Re: A large community match

Sounds like fun, count me in then I guess :)

18. Re: A large community match

Damn, I can never play Wednesday night unless it's after 9.30pm :( Monday and Tuesday nights are usually "quiet" for me. Oh well have fun ;)

19. Re: A large community match

Damn, I can never play Wednesday night unless it's after 9.30pm :( Monday and Tuesday nights are usually "quiet" for me. Oh well have fun ;)[/quote:hee8ux1x]

I don't think its confirmed as a wednesday, could be a different day

20. Th-

Don't count yourself out Disco, we don't even have team yet. After some 20~ interested and able players report in, we can see which days are the best options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)