WINDOWS 7 IS OUT!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shadiku, 3 Aug 2009.

1. shadiku nyoro~n

Re: WINDOWS 7 IS OUT!

-snip-

2. Re: WINDOWS 7 IS OUT!

I believe 7600-16385 is the final build theyl be releasing. I have already placed my pre-order for Professional and I cant wait to get the box.

Windows 7 doesnt require top of the line hardware to run it on. Ive seen some stories of people running it on rather old hardware and it fairs fairly well.

3. Re: WINDOWS 7 IS OUT!

Does 7600 still require monitor drivers?

If so, I can never use 7 without investing in new monitors, which I'm not going to do

4. Re: WINDOWS 7 IS OUT!

i would buy it but microsoft can't sell the upgrade version in europe so ill just pirate the upgrade version, i cba to reinstall everthing.

5. Re: WINDOWS 7 IS OUT!

Whats the make and model of your monitors?

It really doesnt take very long to install windows 7. They have halved the length of time it takes to install the OS itself. On my system it now takes 20 minutes to install compared to the 45minutes for XP.

6. Re: WINDOWS 7 IS OUT!

They are both CRTs manufactured around 2000, so no drivers are available, and my attempts at hacking together a driver failed too :<

Basically everything worked fine except the only refresh rate options I was given were 60hz and 75hz, but I need 72hz for it to not flicker like crazy. And the normal approaches (overriding driver with that limitless Sony one, overriding refresh rate via software, etc.) didn't help :<

Also I read on some forums that Windows 7 simply doesn't support 72hz :/

7. shadiku nyoro~n

Re: WINDOWS 7 IS OUT!

-snip-

8. Re: WINDOWS 7 IS OUT!

If you guys have concerns and questions regarding windows 7 I can recommend http://www.sevenforums.com, nice bunch of knowledgeable people over there.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)