Windows XP SP3 is out

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Core, 7 May 2008.

1. Re: Windows XP SP3 is out

"
    Microsoft does admit that is not quite ready for public release. The version which was hoped to be the release version went out last month and was found to still have some problems which were serious enough to hold it back.
    "
    load it in a month or so, after the fix for the fix is released.

2. Re: Windows XP SP3 is out

it been out since 28 April 2008 i think,

my pc notify me today, and i just click download, but yet haven't got the pop-up to tell me to restart. :o

3. Re: Windows XP SP3 is out

Nice, but I think I'll stick with Vista SP1 :)

4. Re: Windows XP SP3 is out

My finally installed SP3 last week after I went to Windows Update site, auto-update took too long.

here's all the fix and patches they fixed.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480/

It will take a while to look for or see some small chnages, but I found a few, it's not imporant though.
    [​IMG]

:)

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  5. Re: Windows XP SP3 is out

Ive installed lots build but with al i noticed a slight speedup, dunno what they changed that made it faster, but it def runs smoother

6. Reverend lame

Re: Windows XP SP3 is out

another SP for Microsoft virus :lol: :lol:
    but bad is i use it too :roll:

7. Re: Windows XP SP3 is out

see, when i saw that a mate with Vista had about 60% CPU @ our LAN party, I had my opinion formed :lol:

8. Re: Windows XP SP3 is out

With a slightly better CPU and more RAM, Vista really can pump more out of graphics cards (from what I've seen, at least). And SP1 has made huge improvements in random CPU usage - while typing this I'm getting about 0-2% per core (and I have a lot of background G15 keyboard applets running).

9. Reverend lame

Re: Windows XP SP3 is out

i have vista too, but now not use it.... but vista is good.. i have vista ultimate, biggist problem is programs, some programs not running under vista

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)