Your Favourite TV series.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Geit, 16 Aug 2008.

1. Geit Coding wizard!

Your Favourite TV series.

Basicly as the title implies post what your favourite TV show is.

I'll start;

Title:
    Dead Like Me

Sypnosis:
    Georgia Lass is aloof and emotionally distant from her family and shied away from her life. After dropping out of college, she takes a job at Happy Time Temporary Services. On her lunch break of her first day, she is hit and killed by a toilet seat from the de-orbiting of the Mir space station. She is informed shortly after her death that, rather than moving on to the "great beyond", she will become a grim reaper in the "external influence" division, responsible for reaping souls of people who die in accidents (many of which are of Rube Goldberg-style complexity), suicides and homicides.

Through the first season, George has trouble adjusting to her circumstances: collecting souls, while holding a day job at Happy Time. By the second season, she has mostly adjusted to her new role, though still has unresolved issues with her life and her afterlife.

George's family is struggling to deal with her death. Her mother, Joy, is depressed, and visibly repressing it, while Clancy, her father, is cheating on Joy. George's sister, Reggie, acts out — stealing toilet seats from neighbours and school, and hanging them on a tree — before being sent to therapy by Joy. She clings to the belief that George visits her, but is starting to lie to cover this up. At the start of the second season, the family began to break apart as divorce proceedings began.

Nearly all of the main characters have some form of depression, however, they cope with it in different ways: Mason resorts to alcohol and drugs, Daisy puts on a veneer of perkiness, and Roxy is physically and verbally aggressive. Rube and George are more open about their sadness.

Youtube:

The 2nd series was never released in UK :cry:

2. Bun

Re: Your Favourite TV series.

South Park!

You know it and love it. ;)

3. Re: Your Favourite TV series.

South Park., Simpsons, Griffins, Trinity Blood, School wars, Smallvile, Hellsing, Saw.

4. Re: Your Favourite TV series.

One of my favorite would be;

Title:
    Scrubs

Sypnosis:
    Most episodes feature multiple story lines thematically linked via voice overs by main character and narrator Dr. John Michael "J.D." Dorian, played by Zach Braff. According to Lawrence, "What we decided was, rather than have it be a monotone narration, if it's going to be Zach's voice, we're going to do everything through J.D.'s eyes. It opened up a visual medium that those of us as comedy writers were not used to."[5] The show is shot with a single-camera setup instead of a multiple-camera setup more typical for situation comedies.[5]

The broad comedy is often counterpointed by more serious scenes, as Lawrence notes: "One of the things we thought early on was [if] we occasionally showed actual patients and actual people dying and things with emotional stakes, working in single camera, that it might be enough to combine with broad comedy."[5]

At the end of most episodes, J.D. summarizes the story's theme in a sequence of shots that show how it has affected each of the characters. Scrubs has been advertised as "half as long as ER and twice as funny." The series has repeatedly featured guest appearances by movie actors not generally seen on episodic television, such as Colin Farrell, Heather Graham and Brendan Fraser.

5. Re: Your Favourite TV series.

Prison Break; currently waiting on series 4 to come out, but if you've never seen it - watching it from series 1 is exciting as hell. 8-)

6. Re: Your Favourite TV series.

i wacht only csi :)

7. Re: Your Favourite TV series.

I got a few favs

CSI-all them
    Prison Break
    Smallville
    Scrubs
    Two and a Half Men
    HEROES <3

8. Re: Your Favourite TV series.

Too much to write such a long text about all:

EUREKA
    The Simpsons
    Drawn Together
    Futurama
    Family Guy
    Dr. Monk

many many more...

9. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

I have no TV liscence. WHOOPEEEEEEE

Also the signal at this new place sucks anyway. So until I have one...DVDs, what's left over on the recorder's HD, and no TV. I realise now I don't miss it what a waste of time it was.

Edit: Thought for the day: Everything is a waste of time. What a lovely philosophy. Ofc games are just as pointless, but then again...the whole thing is completely unimportant, although as a species we're doing a good job of making it important for this planet. Pssh. I'm in one of those moods.

10. XOo

Well i have allot of favorite series here is some : Prison break, Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, House, Dexter, Smallville, Supernatural, Boston Leagal and thats it for now :D

11. Re: Your Favourite TV series.

Arrested Development, hands down...

12. Re: Your Favourite TV series.

Lost
    Bleach
    Family Guy
    QI
    Naruto (sometimes, the early stuff was better)

13. Re: Your Favourite TV series.

House MD
    Lost
    Heroes
    Prison Break

14. Re: Your Favourite TV series.

Hands down, many PC nerds like "the wide, wide space". Stargate/trek and so on ftw :D

but meh, i dont watch TV that often...

15. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

House
    DragonBall (Z) (good times :> I just downloaded everything of it now it isnt on tv anymore :P)
    Top Gear
    CSI

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)