Your favourite video games and why!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Savage, 18 Sep 2009.

1. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Re: Your favourite video games and why!

Yeah san andreas and vice city were the best

2. Re: Your favourite video games and why!

Of the more recent games, I like Trine the most.

First of all the platform genre is not something you see in a lot of games these days.
    Second, the concept was awesome, liked how they have to work together to reach the end of each level.
    Third, the graphics (i.e.: the backgrounds etc), were so nice.

Really enjoyed playing that game.

3. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Zelda Ocarina of Time, Zelda A Link to the Past, and .... Zelda Twilight Princess..... where is the problem in having multiple MOST EPIC GAMES EVER favourites ?! :3

4. Re: Your favourite video games and why!

played ocarina of time too ... and ya it was epic

but i started a bit later with gaming n stuff so i gotta say that the GTA series was the biggest fun yet
    i also enjoyed COD and im a huge fan of FIFA
    im also glad that i bought myself the orange box, never had such a good time with a online game than with TF2 (maybe CS 1.6 comes close)

5. Dragonine OMG it's eating the moon!

- TF2 doooooooh! Greatest game ever if you ask me :-D
    - Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Takes for ever to complete the game, so many different things you can do! Also very cool to play with friends. I love how you are all watching the same screen when playing with multiple ppl, instead of splitscreens.
    - Call of Duty (all). Awesome shooters to play alone or online or in multiplayer with friends.
    - GTA IV. Great graphics combined with more freedom than you can imagine. I love how you can do whatever you want and still choose to do missions whenever you want. Also I love how you can do missions in so many different ways. When u fail a mission, u immediately have new ideas to complete it in a different way.
    - (very old one) Operation Flashpoint. Super awesome shooter. Its a warshooter like CoD, only in a non-existing war on a huge island. You have the ability to go whereever you want and complete the mission in whatever way you please. Also it will have effect on the next mission, thats really cool. A really realistic game AND the next Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising is coming out in october (22 i think)!!! I have been waiting for years for that to come out, you should all check it out!

There are lots of other games i love, but those are the ones i like best :-)

6. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

I thought NO ONE except me and my friend currently remember and actively play that game o__o
    Nice to see someone else.

Favourite game you ask. Well there are so many good ones, but currently the place is shared with 3 videogame series.

Overlord: Minions, mischief, ability to be all powerfull Overlord in a twisted fantasy land. 5 great games, 5 epic stories. The plot is somethign marvellous. Mayby has some cliche things such as Dark Tower resembling the tower of Sauron and the fact that every armour and helemt the Overlord wears has somethign incommon with Saurons armour. But those things aside, it has everythign you could think. Obese halflings and their burrows which remind Shire, Perverted paladin and succubuses, Pissed off giant, huge sandworms, minions to control that resemble goblins, dark and twisted humor. It is just splendid. Hope they keep making those games...

Homeworld: Homeworld was the very first RTS game i have ever played and it attached to my heart and soul with all of it's might. The graphics were at the time the first game came out, epic and worked with even the most crappiest graphics cards. The storyline of people building their first starfleet and taking their steps towards their original homeworld of Hiigara, while being opposed and supressed by Raiders and interplanetary Empire of Taidan was somethign that touched me. And OH the level of AI. Oh the level of strategy it offered. Elite of gaming. Second game about organic entity called Beast nomnomming it's way trough the space was a cliché one but it still had what it needed to keep up with the first game and most important of all - keep the player seated to the chair. Homeworld 2 brought some fucking epic graphics, ships and storyline as well, as the player had to defend the Hiigara and areas around it.

Darksiders: WOW. Oh my god is not enough to describe the feeling of awe i felt when playing this game. Apocalypse + demons + angels + getting to be one of the four horsemen of Apocalypse, War was mindblowing. The storyline once again, is epic. The areas could have been larger, but still they are epic. No loading screens, unless you move from area to area trough serpent holes - demon passages. Saves time, but is quite boring if you want to enjoy the game fully. The enemies, epic. The voice acting, epic. The gameplay, epic. The controls, could have been better but yum still. All in all this has got to be one of the most epic games along Overlord series i have yet come across with. Now if only they could give us a demo of Darksiders II ;.;

7. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Thanks.

8. Oh god.. Water Temple... If i think about it too much i'll have a seizure, I absolutely love that game but that level is a curse.

Shenmue was one of my favourites, felt really new and interesting at the time, and managed to work an interesting combat system and decent quicktime events in there.

9. Cactus The key is to never give up

Pokemon + Zelda cant beat them :D

10. Agree with that, can't believe i forgot tf2! Took it as a given i suppose ;)

You're wrong about brawl though, the Gamecube version was far superior!

11. Cactus The key is to never give up

dunno which isd betetr, wii or gamecube :3

12. Wii version by far imo

13. MrMike This is my face when you talk

this
    more characters, smash ball made things so fun and hectic and i still kick ass as link :3
    as a console is FAR better than the gamecube, it has good but few hardcore games for now but from what i saw at E3 the wii is the must have console atm and is why i want one >:
    freaking zelda looks sexy

14. I fucking love my Wii - plus the homebrew is as least as good as PSP :D

Plus nothing beats playing games off a USB hard disk and having a browser with covers and disc images and shit :D

inb4 warez rant

But seriously it's the only non-portable console worth having for PC gamers; something the PC can't do better.

15. Spykodemon Disabled account

WoW because there is always something to waste your time on

16. AgentDoubleF I just wanna make you go pop..

Amen.
    inb4 gaw

17. Gaw discord is my friend now

I suppose you've got a point dark, but the primitive graphics of the wii, infact primitive hardware in general still laugh at you.

18. Wii FTW especially homebrew like dark said :P

@Gaw: you need to see monster hunter tri before you speak...averagely graphics of wii games aren't that bad...altho i can't say that for every wii game

19. Blasphemy! If you take a look at some melee vids, you'll notice how pro people can get, it was all pure skill, that's what i loved. I practically had a nerdgasm when i heard about Brawl coming out, then when i played it, within five minutes i got randomly killed by a huge powerup i was powerless to prevent (Fox's Tank i believe). Also it's far too slow, no wavedashing :(

20. The only reason Brawl is any good is because it's a bit like the gamecube version. This is like the L4D1 vs L4D2 argument.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)