This is my only problem with Trading in TF2

Discussion in 'Trading' started by HellJack, 16 Feb 2011.

1. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I have no problems with Random Trade Requests. Honestly, I just decline the offer unless I know the person. If it get's too much, I disable the ability to trade with me in the Multiplayer menu for the duration of my stay on the server.

No, what get's me is the wierd "exchange rate" that most of the community has adopetd and changes at a moments notice.

Here's what got under my skin:

This Player was offering a bunch of stuff over on the SPUF forum. Promo items that, after a couple of days, received no offers. So I offered to buy him Portal 2 in exchange for the stuff.

He politely told me that he already has the game pre-ordered, but after a bit of haggeling we worked out a deal for the same monitary value in keys. But, he started using some odd exchange rate for keys.

Since some folks were offering to sell keys for $1.70, instead of the regular $2.49 from the Steam Store, I would have to buy a bunch more keys then I was intending.

So instead of continuing the deal, I wished him good luck with his offer and declined my offer. Hell, I would end up spending over $65 for a trade that was originally $45, due to this ficticuois Exchange Rate.

I see it all the time. People offering a single weapon, but asking for two in exchange. People offering hats, but they want higher tier hats plus sweetners for them.

I don't get it. I like to think I'm pretty fair. More then fair, as I will often trade really good items (like Team Spirit paint) for Crates. I offer one Scrap for any two weapons, and that is exactly fair.

I know Vintage and Original adds to value. I get that. But people who have this illusion of being a "Power Broker" in the trading circles annoys me.

Why the hell do some people do this? Is it just because they are greedy?

2. Pretty much - people try and abuse the fact that they have what you want and try and charge a premium for said item.

3. I think it's impossible now a days to trade weapons 1:1. People always expect a weapon they don't have (Which is nonexistant), or two random weapons. It's basicly a shit offer but since people tend to be lazy they get away with it.

4. they pretty much greedy, jack.
    I don't bother dealing with them.

I cant find another person who will trade two random weapons for one scrap. Keep it up, jack :D

5. I also experience lots of people offering 1 refined for a craftable hat... Which is pure piss. Should be atleast 2 - 3 refined.

6. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

It's the universal rule that dates back to times long gone.
    Business is business. Sell something, get more in return. The humans always try to get as much gain and profit as possible for minimalistic loss.

Also IMHO a crate should be worth a key and vice versa. Seriously.

Post scriptum. Meanwhile @ Valve: [​IMG]

7. I find trading is normally ok as long as you only trade with friends or people who actually play tf2 for the game itself rather than "professional traders".

8. Cactus The key is to never give up

I usually only do my deal, and if someone thinks an item is worth something else, I just decline.

Sometime they are idiots though

(bought a levelled weapon for 5 weps, sold it for 1 refined + v. of the wep.)

EDIT:

http://tf2tp.com/trade.php?trade=579762

:wtc: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

9. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

. . . TRADING POST?

10. Cactus The key is to never give up

I get most my trades from trade post.

11. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

there should be some site with trade values :l
    1 key being the standard and things will go into value as keys.
    why keys? because keys are non findable, non droppable and will stay the same in price
    (i know people ask more metal for theyr keys now then they used to but its not the keys that are raising in value.. its the metal thats lowering in value)

1 refined = 0,60 Key
    1 refined + 2 reclaimed = 1 key (average what key's sell for but some all already asking 2 refined)
    bills hat = 7 keys
    earbuds = 12 keys
    confetti unusual = 24 keys (they sell for 2 earbuds average)
    Flies unusual = 19 keys (buds + bills)

and so on and so forth.
    but i guess you just cant make a list with what everything is worth because people will keep on finding more and more...
    unless people would craft away/delete the same items at the same rate...
    it would work for promo items like the big kill, bills hat, earbuds etc but i doubt that everyone who plays tf2 will agree on the values :l

12. Gaw discord is my friend now

13. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

14. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

It should be 1 item = Another item. Seriously. Metal for a key, key for a hat, hat for a paintcan, paintcan for a key, so on and so forth. Equality.
    [​IMG]

15. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Well, even I don't believe that.

In the Mann-Co Store itself, there are degrees of price. A Backpack Expander costs $4.99, as does Team Spirit Paint and Name Tags. All other paints, keys, and description tags cost $2.49. Dueling mini-games only cost $0.99, as does a Secret Saxton gift box.

Some things do cost more. Some things are more valuable. Some just have a higher price, with no greater value attached.

I try to keep this in mind when I offer deals or accept trades.

16. Sir Rahka ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Which is the reason why I don't trade that much. I mean, one refined does not give you a key? Seriously? It is like what. 18 weapons or something for a key? No. Just, no. It is NOT that expensive. It should NOT be that expensive. If we say that it keeps it's value ingame what it is in the man-co store, then it should be one new weapon/item per 1 key. Seriously. When the christmas items came, I don't know which weapon it was, but it costed 2.50€ where a key costed 1€.

17. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

Agreed Rahka. But keep in mind that Weapons you buy from the Store are not craftable.

You have to get those in game via random drops or gifts from Secret Saxtons or Piles o' Gifts. When you craft a Refined Metal, I believe that roughly equals one Key.

Also, the going rate for Non-Vintage hats are 2 Refined Metals. I have had no problem trading 2 Keys for Non-Vintage hats.

My biggest problem arises when Players will ask for some mark-up price based on nothing more then their own obvious greed.

18. Gaw discord is my friend now

Somebody in here doesn't understand economics..

19. imFree (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

My only problem is that people are greedy as fuck and they are too stupid to realise it when their calling it "making a profit".. -.-

20. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

DAMN RIGHT!!!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tf2 key value

2. tf2 key price

3. tf2 earbuds price

4. tf2 earbuds value,
  5. TF2 trading problems,
  6. tf2 keys value,
  7. tf2 trade values,
  8. tf2 trading problem,
  9. key value tf2,
  10. TF2 Exchange Rate