£700 spending moneh! /spoilt

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cookiecaster, 4 Sep 2009.

1. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Re: £700 spending moneh! /spoilt

Like i said..

2. Fromage "The Cheese"

Why are you asking for advice then? Go with a pentium 3 if you wanna be pre-gen :dance:

Erik

3. Re: £700 spending moneh! /spoilt

honestly, follow oba's and cheesi's tips ... and ya the last one u wanna get is shit^^
    btw ... nice budget, u deserve that? xD

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

Cookie.. That computer REALLY is pathetic for the money you are paying, with a new budget I could make a hell of alot better of a computer.. If you have actually gone ahead and bought this.. Quite frankly it is idiotic. You'd have trouble running alot of games to say the least.

5. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Lol fine, kash halped me pick out a nice I7 alienware pc ;p will link it later if i have to :o

6. Fromage "The Cheese"

alienware is heavily overpriced though, try to buy it from a cheaper company and you can get a i7, a SSD disk, 6-12 gb of DDR3 ram, a pro asus/gigabyte mobo, a 275-285 gtx card, a good corsair PSU, a cooler master case, an extra 1TB samsung spinpoint disk, a decent screen (samsung, dell, etc), a decent DVD-burner and some other stuff like extra sound card, cardreader or whatever you need.

Erik

7. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Cookie with Alienware? God help us

8. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

>.<

9. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Cookie, the PC you posted SUCKS for that ammount of money, same will be on Alienware .......

We have to help you, i think, i hate it to burn money for overpriced Hardware, even if other guys are doing that >_<

So, you budget is 1,399,99 - "£" i guess ^^

Well, first a wall: For that ammount of money, get a REAL monitor, with 24" and Full HD resolution, you should get the same one like i use (have the 26" version of this one) :

http://translate.google.com/transla...ing.productDetails&sl=de&tl=en&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

[​IMG]

- Samsung SyncMaster T240
    - 24 inch monitor, TN-panel
    - Response time: 5 ms
    - Dynamic Contrast: 20000 : 1
    - Brightness: 300 cd / m²

- 234,90€ (£206,14)

Lets say that makes £1,150 left for the PC (not sure about your hardware prices, im just calculating it from german prices in € to £, should work, because we're a pretty expansive country if it comes to buying hardware) :

Im havin "price lists" for a 1,000€, 1,200€, 1,500€, ...... -PC in Excel, that i keep up to date every 2nd week, in case that some of my friends is calling me for a new PC, so i just have to order them and build the rig, here a version i translated in english:

[​IMG]

PC: 1,233.45€ -> £1,082.41
    TFT: 234.90€ -> £206.14

Total: £1288,55

This is the kind of rig, i'd build ya for that ammount of money, if you'd live in my near .... just for you to compare, what you should look for ^^

It SHOULDNT be less than a Core i7, & Gig RAM, 1TB+ HDD, GTX285, 24" monitor for THAT ammount of money ;)

10. Gaw discord is my friend now

Now THATS more like it ;)

11. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

=O
    mabeh i should buy teh parts seperate and build it allmyself and fail and lose money and blame u guys then we lol then i have to stick to my old laptop then lol some more then rage remembering what happend then forget

win.

12. Fromage "The Cheese"

ever seen a dot before? :roll:

Erik

13. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

wtf is a "dot" ? =d

14. Fromage "The Cheese"

Good question! Anyone? :sigh:

Erik

15. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

The opposite of a "hole"? (Think about it ;) )

16. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Happeh?

17. Re: £700 spending moneh! /spoilt

is super epic (i know cos i made it)

18. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

Yeh well, your a hacker.. *points to apex's sig*

19. Fromage "The Cheese"

Seems good, but do you really need two PSUs? 1 x 420W and 1 x 1000W? thats overkill dont you think? ^^ even a single 1000w is overkill. 650-750W is enough. Regarding the hard drive, go for a 32 mb cache one, not that it will make a big difference but price wise its about the same. And blu-ray + regular disk reader/burner? Can't blu-ray do it all? I think it do? Not sure though.. :)

Erik

20. Gaw discord is my friend now

I agree.. Alot of the things are overkill, and I 100% agree on the two PSU's, the components in it certaintly do not need that power, and there is water cooling aswell eliminating additional fans which would result in more power being needed..

But hey, it will make a beast of a machine, and will be very easily updated in future (as long as the wires are neat :cop:)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)