Best Posts in Thread: Finalising Wastelands 2.0

1. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

The zombies on player death/logout + combat logging seems to be working pretty much how I want it to now. Here is a run down of the features:

For starters, taking damage from any entity should put you into plain old 'combat'.

PvP combat is initiated by being hit by:
    • a player thrown potion with harmful effects (effects are: Slowness, Poison, Instant Damage and all the unobtainable ones such as Blindness and Nausea)
    • a player launched arrow
    • another player hitting you
    You can put yourself into PvP combat by hitting yourself with your own arrow/splash potion.
    If a player dies during PvP combat (either initiated by PvP or PvP during the time that the player is 'in combat') they will not create a zombie on death. (completely ignores the finishing blow)

In addition to the above, drowning, THE VOID, suffocating and TNT should not spawn a player zombie. I am still a bit undecided on whether or not arrows and/or splash potions fired from dispensers should spawn player zombies.

The player zombies have all of the traits described in https://www.gamingmasters.org/threads/finalising-wastelands-2-0.7777/page-4#post-147848 however they will no longer despawn naturally. After 5 minutes (configurable) of life time, if they receive damage from anything but falling, fire or lightning, they will be able to despawn naturally (I can look into a way of also making them able to despawn again after a long time has passed if it's wanted, probably check the entities when chunks unload).

There is a chance that some of the items in a player zombie's inventory get lost when they. This chance increases over time, as does the amount lost if you are unlucky. You can see the current values here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao6BH5jHk8uadDZtMGV4cnktSVpPNkd4V0hqblZHU0E&usp=sharing for example, by about 43.5 minutes, all of the items will be lost and for any items (though specifically for items which stack up to 64), before about 10.4 minutes have passed, it is not possible to lose any of the items. (originally designed for 10 minutes, I rounded to make it a simpler equation hence why it is now 10.4).

Note: If the server is restarted, all player zombies will lose their stored items and will become able to despawn again.

2. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

Not on the server yet but I spent basically my entire evening working on the combat logging and player zombie spawning on death.
    Upon death (except death by player [need to test], drowning, suffocating and falling into the void [list can be expanded/reduced for other types of death]) a zombie will spawn with your head, wearing the best armour in your inventory and your best weapon/tool (default orders are: Armour: Diamond, Iron, Chain, Gold, Leather, Tools(first factor): Swords, Axes, Pickaxes, Hoes, Shovels, Tool-materials(second factor): Diamond, Iron, Gold, Stone, Wood). The rest of your inventory will be stored internally and dropped when the zombie dies (the armour will also drop with a 100% chance by default, though can be changed)(the player head has a 0% drop chance by default).

Initiating or receiving any damage through combat will now activate the combat logger. Logging of will kill you (not just drop your stuff and/or spawn the zombie that represents you) and spawn the zombie with all your stuff. The cool off period before you can safely log out can be modified easily.

3. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

You're welcome to try, Dragon.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

I have updated the server to my current pre-release version.
    Some notable current changes:
    All mobs spawn with 2.25 to 4.5 minutes of fire resistance. (this is to both protect mobs from stupidly wandering into patches of fire and to allow a way for mobs to despawn or at least not build up quite so quickly)
    All mobs burn in sunlight.
    Mobs can spawn in sunlight but at a greatly reduced rate (15% of the frequency of spawns you'd get at night).
    Mobs cannot spawn in light levels above 7 which are from blocks in the world.
    We have the ability to change the length of day, sunrise, sunset and night.
    Naturally spawning zombies and skeletons cannot spawn with enchanted gear or any armour at the moment, though I am able to give mobs equipment, so it should be possible to spawn the occasional one with armour. I'm thinking 'boss' mobs maybe?
    Abandoned mineshafts are spawning again and I've reset the world, feel free to explore the server in the mean time, but note that the current world will be deleted without warning.

Edit: NOTE: Permissions are not set up yet.

• Wizard Wizard x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. My eye is on Lewy, for the whole game.
    He won't want to move in with me next year because i'm going to pillage his items and wreck his base... irl.:)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List
  6. Queenie Don't tell me what to do!!!

I can't wait for this to be up!!!! So excited!!

7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I'm in favor of said plugin.

But, not too visible from the surface.

8. Mysteryem The Dividing Line

World has been deleted again and is set up with the random teleport mechanic like how it will be when the server is complete. I'm going to update the files for Better BOB so that anvils, cobblestone walls etc can be used in it.
    I also understand the values for the BOBs better now since I actually found a post explaining them.

• Wizard Wizard x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List