AChievservers - Cheating

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by The Xtractor, 26 Feb 2009.

1. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

AChievservers - Cheating

whats you opinion about this?
    yesterday was the first time i did an achiev server for the scout. im glad that i did it because the guns rock.
    but some ppl say that it is cheating. i don't think so its just a way to get achievments faster by helping each other.

2. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

Technically it is 'cheating', but not 'hacking' or 'exploiting'.

Even writing sourcemod plugin to spawn bots instantly with 1 health in the same position (which I did :P) still isn't really exploiting/hacking - Valve don't care what you do server-side.

3. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Re: AChievservers - Cheating

Mkkay thanks

4. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

Well, I guess it is cheating. but everyone does it, and already has all the weapons, which that doesnt makes it fair for those who want to do it on the public server (mainly they can't especially with the spam *crits* :( i tried it, it would take days probably weeks)

I got pawnd with 5 scouts attacking me. just put a sentry up or go solly and then you ownd them if u can. :twisted:

5. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

http://www.tf2.com/ - last post.

I completed everything exclude 25 km run.

6. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

i've got exactly 22 achievs. the rest ill do fair. :).

7. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

I wonder if 25km run detects noclip etc... :P

8. Ash

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/82378 < this map has a hamster wheel and running machines.. just leave your foward key weighted down on one of them and leave it for a while and go watch TV or something lol..

9. Knud Phat beats only

I got zero achievements :D

10. Th-

The achievements are given for you, which means you get to play the game and enjoy the feeling of achievement after completing special feats. If you farm, you take away part of the satisfaction from the update

Weapons themselves are rewards for success, and new possibilities to change the role of the class. Hence it is well assumed that those who have the guns do in fact have an advantage of options against those who don't have them, thus making the process of acquiring unlocks faster an unfair procedure.

I plan to play less scout this week and wait until the teams get more normal classes. Also now that we know what kind of pros and cons the unlocks have, its easier to appreciate scout's normal weapons, and not grind to get new toys too fast. This way I get to savor the update perhaps more than rushing to get more out of it fast.

11. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

I enjoyed farming the achievments, playing on the priv war server will loads of gm was fun and really run when disco joined. We ended up just messing around and having a laugh.

12. Fromage "The Cheese"

Achivement servers are lame, I always went to them to ruin it for them. Valve could do one simple fix to get rid of most of the problems, which would be to only enable achivement hunting on regular maps (set it with a parameter in their achivement code) so people can't cheat them up on external maps.

But if you have no skill then what are you gonna do? :) I had lots of fun hunting medic achivments with johnny on #GM3 (kritzing a batting scout) which worked awesome and was hilariously fun. The "only" good(?) thing with achivement servers is that people fucks up their "maximum" kills and scores in general so their stats gives a bad impression of a cheater (it's fairly easy to see who played on achivment servers and who's not)

Erik

13. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

Yeah, when you see 'impossible statistic', your imagination start work against that player.

14. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

i think it's kinda lame, but i guess everybody has done at least one or two unlockables this way
    i never go to such servers, instead i get soem help from teh GM guys with some achievements

i do try to unlock everything by myself, but if i still miss one unlockable after lets say a month, i ask for some help for teh achievements

15. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well its really obvious if a player with less than 100 hours in total has like 300 kills in one life, don't you think?

Erik

16. Fromage "The Cheese"

It's really easy to get them to be honest. When they first came with the medic it was kind of fail though because you had to make every one of them. Now its like... 16 - 22 - 26 or something out of 36? It's doable for any noob really, it just takes a while but well worth it. But i guess the future will be DLC (downloadable content) that you might have to pay for instead for achivements since gamers has no respect for them.. :(

Erik

17. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

ye thats a prob i got now too. i've got 45 points in one life @ scout and all the others don't come above 20 xD.

18. Fromage "The Cheese"

Isn't so satisfying since you can't reset it, right? Doesn't show your real scout skills at all..

Erik

19. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

You dont come above 20 in any class !? xD

Go Dustbowl as Engi, go on stage 2 on my favourite sentry position, at the courtyard, on the corner with the stairs, and place there a sentry ..... i got 57 damn points there ! xD

20. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

Thanks to my plugin which spawned bots instantly with 1 health in the same position for the 2004 kills (or whatever it is), I now have over 2000 points as scout :lol:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)