AChievservers - Cheating

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by The Xtractor, 26 Feb 2009.

1. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Re: AChievservers - Cheating

23 is my highest execpt the scout. the rest is between 18-11.

2. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

Stats don't show skill for any class anyway.

3. Fromage "The Cheese"

So if you backstab 30 times in one life as spy on a regular its not skill, just luck or..?

Erik

4. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

well it could be. just Cloack-stab-run away-get health
    repeat that 30 times and voila ;) if you lucky you can get away every time xD

5. Knud Phat beats only

6. Ash

You used an unlocker? fail..

7. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

What I'm saying is, stats don't show the conditions under which they were achieved. You can join some random server with the worst players in the game on it and get a hundred points, still doesn't mean that you're a good player.

8. Ash

I think that was fair this time though.. with the one before it was an exploit.. with unlocker (as far as i know it works like an xbox360 acheivement unlocker (not gamesaves) ) it hacks the cfg files to the game tricking it into thinking you have unlocked all of the acheivements..so its kinda fair to be punished for that.. seing as if you do that on xbox360 you have your account deleted and lifetime i.p ban from anything microsoft related :/ having unlocks taken away doesnt seem to bad.

9. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

I still have mine so no prob for me ^^

10. Vendetta GM's better half

I got the Medic, Heavy and Pyro Achievements the *real* way

it doesn't make you feel any better

end of the day if people didn't farm them, then we'd had servers full of scouts for the next 3 months

11. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

As vendetta said achievemnt server are needed, you may not think so now but when the spy/engi update comes you will agree since having 8 sentrys ON THE BLUE TEAM would be annoying.

12. Fromage "The Cheese"

Then they could just make DLC out of it if no one cares for the achivements. I'm not a big fan of achivements either but it doesn't allow me to "cheat" on them. But I guess people just want every game element right away so that will be the future.. no extra content that you earn, just content you buy.

Erik

Edit. To be honest, if people play retarded and a team uses 10-15 of one class because of new achivements it's their problem. Even without achivements you can see lots of retarding on the servers (6-8 engineers @ red, 6-8 snipers @ blue etc..)

13. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

farming isn't cheating, you're still doing the achievements just in a more controlled environment. Using an unlocker is cheating.

14. Fromage "The Cheese"

Yeah I bet valve made the achivements so you could get them in 5 minutes if you went to the "right" place. Achivements was never meant to be.. made for gamers, ruined by gamers, oh well.

Erik

Edit. As a side note, why this pisses me off is because I'm a game developer myself with achivements and it's never fun to see people ruin them by using bugs and make custom maps for it.

15. Re: AChievservers - Cheating

The only reason i farm is to get the weapons, if valve made the weapons separate to achievements i wouldn't farm them that's he reason people farm is because they want the weapons.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)