Anybody Good At Converting Sprays?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Shinkz, 29 Nov 2009.

1. Anybody Good At Converting Sprays?

Anybody~?
    I can't seem to keep my latest spray in high quality like my previous and it's really making me rage D;
    I've tried PNG, Targa and VMT, but every single time the quality is just completely ass raped and it looks terrible ;/

2. Save as TGA in photoshop then vtfedit it.

3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

The quality will always be raped, it's the nature of the DXT5 algorithm, the best way to make sure you get some quality from it is to save it as the following in VTFedit.

[​IMG]

4. Spykodemon Disabled account

how big is it? :P

5. Tried and failed, sadly. My current spray looks great. It's nice a sharp and looks very close to the original png. This new one I'm after though...

[​IMG]

I don't mind a bit of quality loss, but fuck me.. not that much ;/

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  6. That looks about right really :/

There's probably some sort of texture hack to up the lighting though

7. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Shinkz, you will never get that quality due to the limitations of the spray system valve added, you can ONLY use the DXT5 algorithm which is LOSSY, all the others, WHICH ARE LOSSLESS produce a vtf OVER 120KB WHICH PISSES ME THE FUCK OFF.

8. Also it actually looks quite good even after the compression :P

9. I know I won't get it to that awesome quality, but something close to or even 50% of that would be nice. If you look at my current spray with the same font:

[​IMG]

It looks leaps and bounds better. Whatever I do with what I want to be my new spray though, I end up with total trash results.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  10. Obviously DXT5 prefers a pure black and white spray :P

11. Gaw discord is my friend now

yeah, I was also going to say maybe it's because of the colour in the new one

12. Really? That tiny splash of red fucks everything over? oO

13. No, your new spray has quite a few colours (mainly in the eyes) - you could try forcing it to a palette of 6 or 8 and see what happens.

14. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

^ this

you probably have shitloads of white, grey and black. Try using the smallest avaible colour pad (8 colours that is?)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vtf dxt5 quality loss