Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fromage, 4 Apr 2009.

1. Fromage "The Cheese"

Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

I'm just curious if there is more people than me is interested in these topics on the boards. If you do workouts what do you prefare? Gym, fotball (play, not watch), swimming, diving, running, jogging, hockey etc.?

I myself are currently into gym and running but I've done diving, volleyball in the past (its good to be tall on the last one there... 2 meters) Been moving around quite a lot in the last couple of years though and lost the diving interest and haven't found any club to join yet...(moved between 5 towns in 2 years..) On the diving courses we played some underwater rugby in + scuba diving. Might try to pick it up again and I can really recommend it!

Currently try to do gym ~3-4 times a week + running on the other days to get in summer shape. Just cleaned out my kitchen from bad food with sugar and crap and going on serious food only. So I'm wondering.. are there more workout geeks around here? :)

Erik

2. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

I play football every now and again, but when it comes to doing actual physical activity I generally just walk everywhere and keep in shape that way :P I don't have the time for the gym :S

3. Fromage "The Cheese"

Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

Oh man, "not having time" is the LAMEST excuse ever! :) It takes like 1 h x 3 times a week to do workouts. So don't even try..... :mrgreen: I'm member on a 24/7 gym so I can basically hit the gym in the middle of the night/early mornings/late evenings or whatever. Actually prefare to do it before work at somewhere around 6am in the morning. It's no one there and the workout goes so much faster since every weight/machine is free.

Erik

4. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

I go get a drink occasionally, does that count as working out?

Seriously though, I'd like to work out some more, but I have absolutely no motivation for doing so.

5. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

Well it's not so much that I don't have time I suppose -- it's just that I don't need to! I'm in good shape anyway just naturally (although I could do with putting on some weight/ gaining muscle) but I'm still happy the way I am!

Savage :mrgreen:

6. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

I've just joined a new gym. I was given a two-step approach work-out routine i.e. aerobics one day and weights the next. Not sure what I am going to do on the third day, hmmm maybe watch some football :)

The running machine nearly killed me this morning....

I haven't changed my eating habits yet, but I do so love spicy foods, so it might be difficult for me :(

Disco "Arnie" Indigo

7. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

I cycle about 150miles a week for fun, do boxing and generally eat healthy and I'm pretty lean and mean lol.

Also swimming is great exercise too.

8. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

Depending on what your doing that really isn't any good for your body, unless your doing different routines each time you go, as your muscles need time to repair them selves as when you lift weights your actually ripping them, so you really should only go about 3 times a week maximum until you know what your doing!

9. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

Considering from the post in general, I'd say he pretty much does know what he's doing though :)

As for me, I try to eat healthy, but that's rather hard when living with your parents and having 2 brothers and a sister that are younger. I can't actually go and make my own dinner, so I just have to eat whatever they're preparing ... which is rarely healthy >.>

10. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

Football.Lots and lots of football simple as.

11. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well I think I know what im doing. Done it for 6 years from on and off + moderating one of swedens bigger health forums (15k users) and picked up some studying on the subject again. The muscles need 48 hours of rest before loading them again thats something i know, so doing it every 2nd day fits well.

Day 1: Breast, Bicep, Tricep, Stomach
    Day 2: Rest
    Day 3: Back, Shoulders
    Repeat.

I don't do legs at gym since running with my weight is kind of a leg workout anyhow... :mrgreen: During the workout I drink water mixed with maltodextrine, and right after I take a gainer (Whey + maltodextrine) to increase the muscle building effect and recovering. Then have a meal within 1-2 hours from that. Works fine I think. I worked out 10 times a week for a few months a few years ago, THAT wasn't healthy, i tell you that ;)

Erik

Edit. Took a pic of my supplements as well. Don't use many of them now and some of them are rubbish that I won't buy again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  12. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

I never said you don't know what your on about, what I was trying to say was that if people don't know what there doing then they really shouldn't try to copy what you do, that's all.

Your regime looks pretty sound tbh, but I would do some kind of leg work, I have a sort of gym pal and he does a similar workout like you, meaning all upper body and he looks fucking retarded, he's like Arnie from Conan up top and has legs like an Ostrich.

Just wondering Cheese, whats your diet like, just curious to see what you eat compared to me!

LMFAO @ the images.

I tend to stay away from all that, the only thing I have is Dorian Yates Pro Mass Shakes in between meals!

13. Fromage "The Cheese"

Sorry man, my bad.

Regarding legs workouts... well I get some of it during my back workout when dead-lifting. And running with my weight is kind of... rough.. :) Im going up and down in weight all the time but right now im stranded on 120kg (220 lbs?) and you can imagine what kind of leg workout you get from that! Think my legs are about 75 cm around which is pretty big already (muscles of course... :mrgreen: )

My diet right now is slow carbs (according to the glycemical index) and smaller portions.

Breakfast: Wholegrain un-sweetened bread 2 slices with butter/low-fat cheese/ham. 3dl sour(ed) milk 0.5% fat + non-sweetend muesli.
    Lunch at work: Protein shake with milk (lots of protein here... like 60-70 grams)
    Dinner: Something home made, pasta, potato, fish, meat, can be anything really + vegetables.

Will also try to get some more un-saturated fat into the diet + Omega-3.

Tries to fit in some smaller meals inbetween now + fruits on top of that. I'm on a calory minus now so hopefully i'll lose a few kilos til this summer. Hopefully around 100 kgs but I don't know right now. If I can keep this up I'll feel a lot better. Tried to remove all sugar from my diet and the only sugar I get now is a 90% cacao chocolate bar every friday/saturday (100 gram each).

I'll keep you posted on my progress! :)

Erik

14. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

my knees are F*cked up, so I can't do any sport.
    I had to quit my job ('S!) because of CMV (illness that makes me very tired.)
    So, no sport, no job, no money, missing 1/3 of the time in school (result: bad grades and pissed parents), less gaming.
    All because some knees and some shit I cant even pronounce!
    Life's not that nice u know.

P.S. You guys SRSLY gotto cool down on the pills man!
    Damn, I'm not even taking that many! And I've got like a billion illnesses!

15. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

I gym it up about 4 times per week, weights every time, and I try to swim an hour or two a week afterwards, have been doing so for around 5 years, only just started on whey protein powder though.
    My friend I train with is a beast: he can bench 150kg, or 60kg dumbells... monster.

16. Fromage "The Cheese"

How does your gym schedule look like? Would be nice to see how a sandman works out!

Erik

17. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

I used to ride on bicycle 1-2hr back in past 6 years, and stopped in 2007, as my degree course got me so busy. and the free time i had, play some tf2.
    Also I did gym, just regular basic training for two years, 2-3 days a week for 2 hours.
    At least I do some exercise, go up and down 4 set of 15 stairs, every day at college, 3 times a day :P

gonna fix my bicycle for this summer, need new tire tubes.

and cheese, do those pills help you?

18. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

We often do chest monday, back tuesday, rest wednesday, biceps and triceps thursday, shoulders friday or saturday at the moment, just started at a nice new gym

19. Fromage "The Cheese"

The only supplements that works is creatine, whey and gainers, the rest is pure crap (unless you use steroids of course... :mrgreen: ) Good food, vegetables and fruits is the way to go. If you don't eat a lot of fish you might want to eat extra omega-3, and if you don't eat too much vitamins and minerals a supplement for that is to recommend.

Save your cash and don't buy a lot of useless pills like I did. :)

Edit. That's cool sandy, how many reps/set/exercises do you do? Im also curious why you split the body in 5 different workouts and dont combine more? Some people do it your way and like it, never tried it myself though.

Erik

20. Re: Anyone interested in nutrition/working out here?

I never bought pills or working out stuff etc, dont want to drug meh body :mrgreen:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. glycemical index cheese