Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wooo_Maker, 11 Jan 2009.

1. Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

I was just curious to see if anyone had tried it?

I read on engadget that its been out on public release for a bit so went to my favourite torrent site and found it there.

Seems to have some great reviews and be a significant improvement on vista (not that it's much of a challenge :? ). I particularly like the fact they have integrated CUDA into the performance enhancement of the OS.

sooo.... opinions/experiences?

2. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

Well, I downloaded it, installed it on virtual PC, and it lagged like hell so i gave up, i'll burn the iso to disk and install it properly soon.

3. Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

yea I tired it on virtual PC. @geit, did you set the right requirements to run windows 7

to get your key's if you interesting in playing around with it after 30 days trial

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/eval ... 53205.aspx

scroll down click on what version you want then sign in using your hotmail address

also woo, on torrents it might be same one that was first leaked.

latest version is Windows 7 build 7000

4. Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

yeh to be honest windows 7 is not that bad but i feel that when they work out the issues of when it crashes for no reason then mayb i'll think about installing again but i would not count my chickens yet, lol. but i found performance wise its better than vista seems to run everything with ease.

5. Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

Yeah, I'm using it now -- not seen that much of a difference in some ways, but when it comes to the security stuff it's a lot less bothersome -- The taskbar is quite cool too :P

Glad that it works with all my programs (so far at least) -- defiantly worth a look if you're into that sort of thing 0.o

:P

6. Geit Coding wizard!

Right, so, I finally partitioned my HD and installed windows 7, and I love it, compared to vista it boots faster, does stuff quicker, etc etc.

haven't tried any game performance tests yet, but the OS uses much less cpu/ram than vista does.

7. Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

I heard it utilises GPGPU for more heavy tasks?

I'm planning on installing it on my netbook as I've read an article saying it runs on an msi wind but is it easy to uninstall? How did you guys get around the trial period?

The ISO I downloaded also came with a crack folder with mixed reviews...

8. Geit Coding wizard!

Download it from the Microsoft website, it's an open beta. all you need is a live account.

9. Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

As Geitiegg said -- go to the MS website and download their beta -- you get a legit code that allows you to use it until August 2009 (which as far as I'm concerned is fantastic!)

I'm really quite enjoying the use of it now -- it's a lot less annoying that Vista and I've yet to have it crash on me! (Which is always a plus!)

:D

10. Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

i'm not going to try it untill most of the bugs have been removed, the word "Microsoft" and "beta" don't usually go well together.

11. Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

I have been playing around with this now for the last couple of days and F**k me its fast as f**k.

I un-.RARed a full DVDr in less than 20secs which normally takes me a little over a minute and half on Vista 64 Ultimate!

12. Re: Anyone tried Windows 7 Beta yet?

You are kidding me mate :O
    That's a large difference.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)