are 32 players too many?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by gig, 2 Jun 2009.

1. gig

are 32 players too many?

in reference to the tf2 servers, i think 32 players may be too many.
    personally i enjoy it more when there's like 8v8-10v10 but when you've got so many players that the list of them starts going off the bottom of the scores it gets daft.
    the maps weren't made to host 16v16 matches and as a result they often get overcrowded which not only kills gameplay but bends it over a table and rapes it. :eek:
    obviously the more players the better and so on etc but yeah it messes up the fun factor in my opinion, of course everyone else's opinion is welcome though. :wat:

2. Re: are 32 players too many?

I totally agree with you on this -- I love my 8 vs 8 games far more than the 16 vs 16 games... But they're the ones that are popular :s

It would be nice to join db and not have 32 man spam fest though ;P

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: are 32 players too many?

We used to run a 26 slot rotation, it was not popular, so we switched it out for a 32 slot "Orange X3" server, if the community likes, we can set #6 (Which has fallen into our 'unpopular, needs reviving' catergory) to be 24 slot rotation, but only if the community supports it.

4. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

personally i like to play big games like the 32 slot.

5. Re: are 32 players too many?

More is better! 32 FTW

6. Re: are 32 players too many?

It completely depends on the map.

Dustbowl is really really small and not suited for 32 people at a time. But there are maps that do work with a lot of players. Usually the maps with only 1 stage (they're about the same size as 3 stages from other maps combined, except that you get all the space at once). Obvious exception is 2fort :P

7. Longbow Victorique <3

I 100% agree. It all depends entirely on the map. Dustbowl & Payload maps are much more enjoyable with teams of 6v6 ~ 10v10. It becomes more tactical rather than random explosives or a sniper-fest. I'm all for reducing the server's max players, so why not make a vote to see if the rest of the community would like to see it reduced too?

8. Oli

I Think badwater is perfect for 16vs16 but on dustblow and goldrush 32players is just to much.
    True. To many people + narrow parts of map + sniper with his bow= random kills without even aiming.
    Totaly agree about vote. But it's a lot of cheaper having 3servers for 32players than 6 for 16player

9. gig

:clap: capital idea, could stick in a mix of the more popular maps which are generally of small-medium size such as the payload and payload race maps or cp_dustbowl and ctf_2fort etc.

10. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Why don't change it no a 20 slot server Geit? That way it's more of a
    "6v6"-like game... 10v10 is quite ok for all standard Valve maps imo...

11. Knud Phat beats only

I kinda like the 16vs16 maps.. I gives me also a chance to play some classes which I other would not play...

(and +1 for the Orange X3 server btw!)

12. Oli

Yep orange server rules ^^

13. Longbow Victorique <3

I find orangeX3 fun at times, but mostly annoying since maost people play spy/sniper which leaves very little offence to actually go and "win the map."

Regarding the servers; a 10v10 game sounds great since it requires more teamplay. Make a poll so people can vote. It would be much quicker and organised than individual posts.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)