August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Core, 20 Aug 2008.

1. August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

Since the new heavy update is out, it's time to change the map cycles on the GM TF2 servers.

How does this look?

Server 1: mixed maps
    Server 2: pl_goldrush / pl_badwater cycle
    Server 3: cp_dustbowl / cp_steel
    Server 4: arena maps cycle

2. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Re: August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

Noooooo 24/7 dustbowl is infinitely necessary XD don't you think it'll throw people going from the simple dustbowl to the labyrinth that is steel?

3. Re: August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

yeah above ok

or

Server 1: pl_badwater
    Server 2: pl_goldrush
    Server 3: cp_dustbowl / cp_steel
    Server 4: arena maps cycle

:roll:

or

Server 1: pl_badwater
    Server 2: pl_goldrush
    Server 3: cp_dustbowl
    Server 4: cp_steel
    Server 5: arena maps cycle

:roll:

:P

4. Re: August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

1: mixed maps, 24 players, arena and others mixed, no PL, mapcycle.)
    2. badwater/goldrush mixed
    3. dustbowl/steel/whatever
    4. arena maps cycle

/vote

5. Re: August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

DB = really popular, especially among newer players.
    Steel = complex, will kill the population of DB.
    I find GR/BW more combinable, though BW is far more open and with more alternate routes (making it much more interesting and less spammy)
    I have no solution though.

6. Re: August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

very very true
    arena map 30min mapcircle (with crits on) sounds nice.
    haven't played badwater up to now...

7. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Yes ana...again I would say that a db/steel mix probably isn't going to go down well. :S

8. Th-

I think this looks really good, but I must agree with Anathema that DB and Steel may not fit together. Lately our "MIXED MAPS" had no rotation other than votes initiated by admins. I'd say that remove steel from server 3 and have the server 1 a clear rotation of official maps. About 45 minutes/map, I've found that a nice time to play a map and still have stamina for the next if its one you like. 30 min is okay too but thats still quite a short time. Plus if you scroll your fav map and land on our server, odds are that the 30 min are over very fast. Now the map cycle.. cp_granary - cp_ well - cp_freight - cp_badlands - cp_fastlane - cp_steel - ctf_turbine - ctf_2fort (because its the most popular ctf). These are all good maps on pub and something other than GR/ DB for a little bit more serious folk.

Now I realise that the custom maps aren't in anywhere yet. Maybe we could have some kind of a system that announces the next map and gives the possibility to rock the vote for any map (but please... not GR or DB ;) ) including the popular customs. About the order of the map cycle: Granary well fastlane freight and badlands are more or less similar maps while the ctfs stand out and steel being different from all of these. If we have similar maps after each other like above there is a slight risk that 2 hours of unpopular maps clear the server. On the other hand if we have popular and unpopular maps rotate after each other it just isn't fun to play. I could go with 2-3 cps and 1 ctf after them. But thats only my opinion ofc.

There are 5 arena maps in total but for the next days or weeks the new duet will most likely be the most popular. Could we have the server 4 with a similar voting system that announces the next map in rotation and has the RTV possibilty? Might work well I think. Just have the plugin in such a fashion that when you play and start changing weapons you don't hit numbers 1234 repeatedly, vote for a random map and die with empty clips pleease?

9. Re: August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

therefor weapons on QED =)

i personally would stay longer on a server with cp_granary - cp_ well - cp_freight - cp_badlands - cp_fastlane all in a row. Is freight an official map?

10. Re: August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

Nope cp_freight is a custom map

11. Th-

Well yeah but its close enough to be an official one :D
    Hydro is missing here but rly its not being played too much anyway, it should be votable though.

12. Re: August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

Looks good Core :) But could you enable mapvoting on the mixed map servers?

13. Re: August 20 New Map Cycle: Discuss

Looks nice mate. I like the idea of a votemap server #1 if that's possible, and also arena server will be awesome if it's a full cycle; badlands well granary etc. :P

14. Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  15. XOo

I find 24/7 dustbowl and 24/7 badwater server should be and goldrush,steel 30 min u can add together

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)