Auto-balance madness

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by maxi1002, 25 Feb 2009.

?

Change the current auto-balance system?

1. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes.

62.5%
  3. Modify it but keep it.

25.0%
  4. Replace it.

12.5%
  1. Auto-balance madness

Ladies and Gentlemen,

on Tuesday the 24th of February between 23 to 24 o clock british time I played on Gm sever # 3. After the first seconds of joining the game I was auto-balanced to the other team. No problem.

I rejoined my former team because I believed that teams were balanced and promptly got autobalanced again. GM BeauChaotica (sry if i misspelled the name) apologized to me on behalf of the establishment. Then, a few minutes later GM obaruler joined the game and was autobalanced roughly 5 (!) seconds after he joined a team.

And this is about the 5th time i've been (or watched someone else be) the victim of this kind of auto-switch..... nonsense, politely put. Beau-Caoticha suggested that the Auto-balance plugin/algorith/program/whatever might be switching people with the GM tag (or the applicants tag, as my application hasnt been reviewed for 2 weeks anymore, lulz) first or foremost. He said he would see if he could talk to Geit about it today.

Your oppinions and views, please.

2. Re: Auto-balance madness

it makes the teams fair?

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Auto-balance madness

Auto-balancing is based on a players rank and skill(HlstatsX), If a player joins a team that unbalances the game, he will be balanced to the other team to maintain balance.

If the teams become unbalanced(Rank of players-wise) during the game, a player who will balance the teams will be switched.

It's not perfect, but it stops teams being heavily stacked.

4. Re: Auto-balance madness

I think it might auto-balance [GM] members to make no clan stack... In short:
    GM clan members shouldn't be on one team alltime...

Am i right?

5. Knud Phat beats only

Funny thing on auto-balance: I was playing on BLU, we almost got the point, i was even on the point.. I died.. and then i was on RED and lost... :x

But what Tom said.. maybe not all GM clan members shouldnt play on 1 team, on the other hand, it can also help to improve their team play?

6. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

From what i've seen, the "newest" players (with the current lowest points in the list) seem to be switched to the other team, independent from the tag .... otherwise (if it would be dependent on skill/HLstatsX points) i shouldn't be autobalanced in a team, were are allready StormReaper and Tezla .... if the system auto"balances" the #3 player in the team, were the #1 and #2 are, something went wrong imo xD

Or i just dont got the whole system ^^

BTW: I've seen autobalance-systems that were really pure madness: There was a plugin for UT3, that just randomly sorted any player out of the Blue team into the red team, if red runned out of players. That system cleared up the most popular PC-UT3 server in 1 week, because every single one of the regular players was pissed ;)

7. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

nah i don't think so. its because most of GM guys are high in the ranks and high rankers are more likely to be balanced.

8. Geit Coding wizard!

It takes the average amount of points from each team and tries to keep the values for each team close together.

9. Ash

I always find it just takes someone from the bottom 5 of the unbalanced team and throws them onto the other team?

I've never seen it take someone from the top or middle of the scoreboard.. (not saying its never happened just i've never seen it happen ^^)

10. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

I did mean to mention this..

I honestly thought there was something wrong with the plugin. Maxi got balanced some obscene number of times and I got thrown at least twice..Obrauler too indeed.

What I wondered was if it was the tags causing the problem, if they are bumped to the top of the list if it was alphabetically ordered. Just an idea but it did mess up the gameplay for one or two people so it might want looking into.

PS Maxi sorry I didn't get round to this first I've been doing other stuff :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ut3 autobalance

2. hlstatsx auto balance say

3. stormreaper tf2