Calling Macbook Fanboys!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kash, 20 Oct 2009.

1. Calling Macbook Fanboys!

I'm thinking of getting the Pro 15", as my Alienware laptop is kinda full of fail.
    Soo... pro's / cons? :P

I have used a MacBook a tiny bit before. Tis nice and all, however I just find it hard getting to grips with the way windows are organised etc (for example the dock, seems a bit messy / 'in the way' in my opinion)

Edit: Oh and literally every one of my Uni Lecturers use Macbooks, so that makes me think there may be something awesome behind it (either that, or they secretly work for Apple and are trying to brainwash us)

2. Spykodemon Disabled account

Re: Calling Macbook Fanboys!

Well they crash alot for one.

3. Re: Calling Macbook Fanboys!

They are some of the best laptops you can get, or so Apple would have us believe.

Mac OSX is a bit meh though

4. Re: Calling Macbook Fanboys!

as in best you mean most expensive empty box?

5. Re: Calling Macbook Fanboys!

When you compare the spec and build quality of the laptop to other ones (for example from Dell + Alienware / other companies), they are actually kinda reasonably priced. Yeah you can most likely build a more powerful pc for 1/3 of the price, but I just really like the ability to do everything I need on something that's nice and portable.
    Alienware laptop kinda handled that, however the build is a bit shit. The case broke on me under normal use (crap material), and the gfx card + their lighting system + touchboard have all failed on me and required replacing.

6. Re: Calling Macbook Fanboys!

yeah alienware suck, dell suck, there's only a few good laptop companies out there.

7. Re: Calling Macbook Fanboys!

Name some others :P The Dell XPS Laptops (high-end ones) are pretty beasty and nice actually (apart from the price). The m17x I heard is alright too. I went with the m15x which just seems to have endless amounts of issues.

8. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

If you are willing to spend that much money: Go for a MacBook Pro !!!!

Battery really lifes quite long (~5 hours of normal use), the case and build quality are just awesome and its all in all a very high quality product. But .... the OS ..... >_> Well, imo Mac OS 10.6 kinda fails hard, im using it for 3 weeks now (since i got my MB Pro <3), and somehow it feels like a Dummie-OS for kids :< (biggest shock: No right click / context menus !? xD) ..... well, installed my free Win 7 Professional on it, besides OSX, because some emulators i use only work on Windows, + i like the "Windows" VM Ware.

I may have costed me a hell lot of money (ordered the 15,4" one with 3,06 Ghz CPU upgrade, 500GB /7200U HDD, a Non-Glare Display (hate glare displays outside the house >_< ), the Apple Office software preinstalled and a mini-DVI hub), but it was totally worth it - allthough i still have my issues with OSX, it just feels completely "different", but wayne, for Office its good enough. ^^

9. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

For office and photography work, macs are ideal.

10. Re: Calling Macbook Fanboys!

if u really want it. buy it.

It far to expensive. it's just a ridiculous prices...

11. Re: Calling Macbook Fanboys!

If I were to buy one, i'd go pretty much same as you :P 15" version is much easier for me to take around, to uni and random places. Would also stick Win 7 Pro on it with LogMeIn Ignition most likely, nice piece of software.

Tried any gaming on it?

12. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Not yet, just some very old games in eumlators (STREEEEET FIGHTAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!), ill install Steam these days on it and try playing some TF2. ^^

13. Re: Calling Macbook Fanboys!

Get back to me on that and lemme know what it's like :P

Those laptops are pretty nice, although can't find an online retailer for them o.O Probably me just being stupid though :P Will take a proper look round later

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macbook fanboys