Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Danny, 27 Mar 2009.

1. Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab or window, its very annoying having to keep clicking back when you click on a link.

2. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

use mozilla firefox and than you can use tabs :).
    just right click on a link and do open in new tab/window.
    i guess IE has it too not sure though.

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Hold down control when you click on a link, it's not that hard.

4. Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

Press the scroll button on your mouse.... or bind it to open a new tab if it doesn't do that automatically...

5. Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

Yeah this is the easiest option :)

Middle click open a new tab in Firefox for sure, but I do believe it's a universal thing that works in most browsers (I think even IE)

6. Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

yea

just hold "Ctrl" and click the links, it will open in a new tab in background.

PS: dont scroll while holding ctrl, it will zoom the page in and out, if you so, just click "Ctrl+0" to reset zoom. ;)

7. Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

Call me lazy or whatever but can't u just change it?
    I use FF and I know about clicking the scroll wheel opens links in new tabs but dont you think this should just be standard ?

I am that used to just clicking a link and it opening in a new tab I always forget it do it on here, thats all I was getting at!

8. Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

I absolutely hate links that open in a new tab unless they have a very good reason to :?

Nothing wrong with middleclick - it works in all my test browsers (IE7, IE8, FF3, FF3.1, Opera 9.6, Chrome and Safari 4), excluding IE6 obviously :P

9. Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

You could also make it a habit to open links that you want in a new tab with middle click. That way you'll never have problems with sites that don't have this on for all links by default. :]

10. Ash

Middle click is the universal shortcut between most popular browsers..

and to get it to open in new tab automaticaly you need to set the link to open in new window.. and anyone using an older version of IE or a browser that doesn't support tabs will open the links in a new browser window every time they click them.. (depends on what language the site is written in but most this is the case)

If your so damn lazy that you can't be arsed to press middle click or thats to hard for you to do.. get firefox go to options and set it to open all links in new tabs.

11. Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

my god ash u still alive lol

12. Fromage "The Cheese"

I think the major problem here is that everyone except you have a three buttoned mouse so instead of making the forum a pain in the ass for the rest of us, please buy a decent mouse....... :mrgreen:

Erik

13. Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

LMAO, I have this bad boy Cheese:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... 23&subcat=

Soon to be replaced with :

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... 23&subcat=

I use FF, like I said in a previous post, its just habit to click a link with the left mouse button, I suppose I'll have to make a habit of clicking links when on here with the scroll wheel!

14. Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

Actually it would be more productive to click with middle button whenever you want to open a link in a new tab, not just when you're here.

That way you'll never be annoyed by sites that don't have links opening in tabs again :)

15. Ash

Tools > Options > Tabs > "New pages should be opened in:" "A New Tab"

16. Fromage "The Cheese"

There is only like 10 sub-forums here too so you could just make a group in FF and then middle click that to open every page in one click, its really simple. :) when you start to browse http://www.cgtalk.com seriously we can talk, that's a LOT of sub-forums there. :mrgreen:

Erik

17. Re: Can you please set the forums to open links in a new tab....

Firefox tab settings doesn't actually say that, it says "Open links that open in a new window in" and I have mine set to "New Tab", this only works when the html for the link contains: target="blank" but like I said never mind !

18. Fromage "The Cheese"

Two clicks for as many tabs as you'd like! :)

Attached Files:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)