Change of HLStatsX points allocation ..... WHY ?!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Obaruler, 7 Feb 2009.

1. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: Change of HLStatsX points allocation ..... WHY ?!

Can we divert discussion from the -9 points to the -5 points now?

This feedback is interesting, but not really relevant anymore

2. Re: Change of HLStatsX points allocation ..... WHY ?!

Just played a game with the [-5] and it's not terrible by any means. I've been able to gain quite a lot of points and I'm happier that I'm able to improve on aspects of being a demoman -- Although I think that the old system is much more straight forward and I think I prefer it to the newer one, but if it's this way it has to be, I suppose I can try to adjust :P

I just think that a quick talk over with the members of the clan would be nice about this subject, but I still think that loosing up to 13 (I think) points per kill from newer players in comparison to the old 6 is very harsh. That an increase of 216% from the old system. I think that loosing 9 points would be fair enough against a new player (or a person in a lower position than you) but I feel that the death penalties incurred by dying under any circumstance is far too much.

I have to agree with Obaruler about wanting to strive for something with the server. If you play as much as a lot of us do there needs to be some motivation. I think that if the old system of not loosing points just for dying as well as for being killed would be better, but that's just my preference. :P

Anyway, time for bed ;)

3. Geit Coding wizard!

the MAX you lose is 4 for being killed by a brand new player who has just got his first 25 kills.

The MIN you lose is 1

the MAX you gain is 9

The MIN you gain is 2

So in effect, you lose less points for dying, and gain more for killing.

4. Knud Phat beats only

@Geit,

Thanks for changing the "Score" system. In my eyes it looks more fair now.
    Before you changed it, I was really shocked to see that "player A" gains 7 points, but that I lost 9 points :x
    But now it's +9 for him and -4 for me. In my eyes that is pretty fair.

Of course, you shouln't get killed, but that is also not very realistic for most players here I guess. (One of them is me).

And in the end, everyone wants to have fun, right? So even with a 1:1 K/D ratio in the new score system, you could end up with a positive score result. :)

5. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

But you dont have a 1:1 K/D ratio ....... :lol: (sry xD)

@ "Update": well, i think this will work ...... i hope, that ths spy-stalking against me was a lonley phenomenon >_>

6. Knud Phat beats only

Yes I know...

hahaha and I'm still gaining points everytime I join and play :lol:
    So I dont mind

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to modify the scoring in hlstatsx

2. how to change points system in HLSTATSx

3. hlstatsx lose points for dying

4. hlstatsx points