Civcraft: "Civcraft is an experiment for communities, political ideologies, debate and discussion."

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Hearth, 9 Jan 2015.

?

Are you interested in joining this server after reading the big fuck-off post?

Poll closed 16 Jan 2015.
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Hearth Forever Traitor

Hey friends, a few months back I played this server with a number of friends. Since they all dropped off and left, I wanted to see who may be interested in joining so I can continue to enjoy the server as you really do need friends.

There's a fair bit to explain and get into so allow me to provide some useful links here.

Civcraft Wiki: http://civcraft.org/doku.php here is all the main server info
    Civcrafts addons (read if my explainations below are unclear): http://civcraft.org/doku.php?id=mods
    Civcraft Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Civcraft
    Civcraft Map: http://txapu.com/
    Citidel Info: https://github.com/Civcraft/Citadel/wiki
    JukeAlert Info: https://github.com/Civcraft/JukeAlert/wiki
    PrisonPearl Info: https://github.com/Civcraft/JukeAlert/wiki
    FactoryMod Wiki: https://github.com/Civcraft/FactoryMod/wiki
    Realistic Biomes Spreadsheet: Link Here

Civcraft in a nutshell: Essentially, Civcraft is about building communities based around ideas. Towns have interworking politics and economies all managed and regulated by the townspeople themselves. Fan of communism? Join Leningrad. Fan of democracy? Join Mount Augusta. You can have whatever system of government you want, or none at all and just group together to defend one another.

Civcraft runs on Minecraft 1.7.10 - downgrade those clients!

The World of CivCraft:

Civcraft already has a longstanding community of 2 years or so. Many towns are already established, and there is an underground railway system called the CIC which can take you to most every big town. However, this means that the world is covered in snitches. (Explained in the addons section) Essentially, they monitor things and report it back to the owners of the snitches and if you grief or steal - assume you will be found out.

The actual world itself is a circle of radius 15km. Reach the world limit and you cannot advance, but this means Civcraft is a HUGE world and with no teleport or essentials commands, you get an appreciation for the huge world. When you spawn, you spawn in a random place, my town (The Senate) is located at x=-10,500 and z=+4000. It is an isolated island where you won't be disturbed, I've attatched pictures at the bottom. Should you spawn really far away, kill yourself to respawn in another random position. Repeat until you are within reasonable walking distance of the island and when you arrive I will provide you with a bed and some food so you don't have to walk back should you die.

Explanation of Civcrafts addons:

PrisonPearl: if someone kills you with an enderpearl in their hotbar, you are trapped inside that pearl unless you are released. Releasing can occur under some conditions. 1: if they have you in their inventory and log off in a chunk that isn't constantly rendered, you are released. 2: If your pearl is dropped in an unrendered chunk, you are released. 3: they throw the pearl. 4: your pearl is in a chest and the chest does not have enough coal to keep you in it (it costs 8 coal per day to keep someone in a chest). When pearled, you are stuck in the end where most farm enderpearls to repay those who have pearled them. Commands can be found in the PrisonPearl link above.

Civchat: Since the world is so big and with a max of 150 people, you can only hear players within 1000 blocks of you.

Citadel: Materials can be used to reinforce blocks. Reinforcing means blocks have to be broken more than once in order to break them completely, the material you use to reinforce in consumed in the process. Stone means you must break 25 times, Iron 250 times, diamond 1800. Citadel commands can be found in the Citadel link above.

RealisticBiomes: Certain biomes grow things better than others, i.e; netherwart will not grow in any biome but nether. A link above shows the best conditions for growing.

JukeAlert: Jukeboxes and Noteblocks act as security cameras of sorts, by reinforcing one, they log all activity in an 11-block radius. This means you can find griefers / thieves easily and place a bounty on their head for their pearls on r/civcraft in order to make them repay you.

ReducedOres: Ores are MASSIVELY reduced. However, diamonds spawn in strange veins. Instead of finding 4 in one cluster, there are 10 scattered individually in the vicinity of where you found the first. Iron is found in ice mountains which have massive veins and an underground reservoirs which are lined with lots of iron ore.

FactoryMod: You can make a huge initial investment in order to make a factory. This is where the ReducedOres balance out. Whilst there may be only 1/2 the ore in the world there usually is, this means 1 iron/diamond ore can be made into 3 iron/diamonds. (It's recommended to have a silk touch pick for diamond due to using the factories). This is also the only way to get XP as XP from mining, farming and combat is turned off.

Obsfucator: Jukeboxes, noteblocks, crafting tables, furnaces, chests, and ores ores, among other things, are shown as stone until you walk within a certain radius of them.

Bastion: Bastion is a mod that allows the creating a special type of block that prevents those not part of the Citadel Group placing blocks within the 10 block circle above the bastion block and up to sky limit from placing blocks within the field. Bastions are sponge blocks in-game and are very expensive to manufacture. It is highly recommended to purchase blocks since the initial required investment for making Bastions is very high. Sponge blocks are made with FactoryMod.

ItemShop: A system that allows for shops to be made. Check link above.

MusterCull: If there are too many animals in one place or in the world, then MusterCull may kill a few to reduce lag.

My Town (The Senate):

I already have a town on the server that used to be populated by some of my friends. However, exams and social lives eventually meant they couldn't play and then when they came back they couldn't get back into it. So I got rid of their homes and freed up space for whoever may want to join. We have basic materials and are adjacent to a netherbiome with a big netherwart farm. This should be a good resource to sell to others and we can make some wonga from it.

The town is still partially unfinished due to its scale, so you won't be left doing nothing. We still need to finish the redstone lamp system (a system that turns lamps on at night), build factories, homes and essentially just get good gear. We also need to dig a tunnel to the outside world to avoid living the hermit life.

Below are some pictures of the town.

Birds-Eye view at night

[​IMG]

North-East Side

[​IMG]

North-West Side

[​IMG]

Town Before Home Removal:

[​IMG]

Town Guide (somewhat, open to see in full):

[​IMG]

I hope you're all still reading after that heap of info, and I hope I've convicned a few of you to come join me. Comment with any questions and invite me to mumble if you want to give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Cactus The key is to never give up

Tried to play this about a 6 months ago and found everything was extremely spread out. I remember walking for about 30 minutes on a cobblepath to get to a town (iirc they had "banned" bread in the town) however I couldn't build there. I then spent another 2 hours trying to find an area I could build (finding lots of abandoned cities). Is it still like this or did I just have a bad experience/didn't know what I was doing?

3. Gaw discord is my friend now

That part seems to be bypassed, as Hearth already has a town. Accessibility would be limited to using the train station until the aforementioned tunnel is built though.

This does sound pretty cool, but I'd probably quit out of boredom after a few days.

4. Hearth Forever Traitor

I think you just ran into the wrong towns, tbh. Some people on there are pretty annoying but most are quite nice. I remember when I joined someone gave me lots of food, a minecart and showed me to the railway.

There isn't a train station to my town as of yet, which is a good thing for us to be honest because we'll likely be playing pretty casually and won't have the time to invest in reporting and catching griefers. Don't worry about quitting and whatnot, it's a nice way to kill time in the meantime.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)