ClanWars in a coordinated fashion FTW

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Th-, 31 Jul 2008.

1. Re: ClanWars in a coordinated fashion FTW

Holy fucksocks why haven't we thought of this before...epic...gonna need real good communication between all three and mucuh potential for going wront. But hell, if I saw that running towards me i'd be getting the hell out of there... One thing though - why not split the demos/soldiers - having them together denies the right side a sticky trap, or do you want to sticky the left side so much they give it up?

2. Th-

Re: ClanWars in a coordinated fashion FTW

As you said before, they overpowered us last time. My plan here is to have demomen and soldiers in same squads to have an edge with a specific kind of spam (multiple rockets and lots of nades). This is only for the midpoint on granary... IMO these are possibly the best positions for these classes for several reasons. If anyone disagrees, arguments here plz. Now this plan... any plan I can think of... relies on individual understanding of and skill in the class one plays. After midpoint we can scramble squads but thats over our heads atm.

I do know a way to rocketjump our teamplay skill in terms of understand the role of any class before the next match... Have everyone play at least about 20 pickup games on mpuk, and while you play, think! Learn, "why did they do that"... etc. I guarantee results. Imho... assuming that's what you still want, I'd make that a requirement to attend CWs. FYI leaders.

3. Re: ClanWars in a coordinated fashion FTW

Looks good, if anything i would suggest a sentry gun somewhere.
    In the match vs bob the demos blasted me off the containers and then i got torn apart by their level one SG.
    It pushes, does some damage, and as long as we keep the pressure on they dont really have time to take it down.
    So, BoB's tactic worked really well, at first their sentry was at the far side of the left passage (position 1).
    Then when they were defending middle point their sentry killed people on the containers from behind, by the time i realized there was a sentry behind me, the combination of the SG fire and demo on their walkway had killed me. In combination with a demo it could work really well. Demo protects the sentry with stickies, and can fire grenades down from that position as well.
    Picture is pretty self-explanatory. I suggest a scout runs to roughly the location on SG1 and suicides, that way the engi can have the dispenser ( to support the demo on the walkway) and the sentry up by the time the round starts. The scout should have time to get back before the round starts as well.
    Comment please :)

NOTE : My drawing is meant for the team opposing the one Th drew- just to clear things up :)

Attached Files:

• 1.JPEG
      1.JPEG
      File size:
      192.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Th-

Re: ClanWars in a coordinated fashion FTW

Yeah sure why not. If we have a sentry just behind the right side gate at lvl2 when the round starts, it could effectively prevent any enemies trying to flank us. It could also look at the left side so if someone sneaks there he should be stopped. Plus we can't really say how we will do the next match so the sentry would help us holding them on midpoint. One pyro (or soldier or heavy) could be changed to an engy np. I would like to do this.

I don't quite understand the other sentry on the platform, was it the one that bob built? I probably wouldn't have it there.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)