Class limits

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Styhn, 13 Jul 2009.

1. Class limits

Hello GM people,

There's something I want to get of my chest. It's really annoying to play in a team on offense and to see 5 out of 12 people play sniper and/or spy. Given that most people suck at playing spy and sniper, this in my opinion greatly reduces the quality of play. I've played at servers where each team may have at most 2 snipers and at most 2 spies (for instance) and I find the teams on those servers to be a lot more balanced. I'm wondering why GM servers do not have class limits?

So, pretty please with sugar on top; please consider imposing class limits on servers.

Discuss.

2. Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2013
  3. Re: Class limits

GM is now a place for new players and engineers and pyros

Support the servers you find fair.. and dont support servers you dont.

4. Re: Class limits

What do you mean Kenneth?

5. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Re: Class limits

To be honist i dont want Class limits because it makes the game less enjoyable really, well for me. A good team chooses good classes ( like balanced ) & it's good when i see us winning with great class choices without a force thing in-place.

6. Re: Class limits

A good team chooses good classes indeed, but how often do you see that at a public server?

7. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Then get off the forums =D

Class limits are a hot topic eh expect some more discussion.

8. Re: Class limits

Yeah but how do you feel about the issue, Beau?

9. Re: Class limits

Would it be possible to run 2 dustbowl servers 1 with no class limits and the second with class limits for example 2 demos max (no spam spam spam) 2 engis etc :)

Disco

PS Kaka, Apex, Sprent, ACE and I went on a class limit server and we got pwned on some of the maps..... it wasnt very nice and it made me think again about how I actually play the game.... We did win a couple of maps, but not dustbowl!!! PPS Vendetta was there as well and did supprisingly very well as a medic (yes we were all shocked lol) :P

10. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

1spambowl with instant respawn
    1 dustbowl with class limits maybe :x

11. Re: Class limits

Styhn, GM discuss this B4, it not happening.
    I get ur point when some have 5 snipers etc(yes i know last night *sigh*) but again they can play whatever they like, it freedom man. you can blame them for losing(not in a rude way) but you cannot force them to change class.

Also there's a 80% chance a player would leave if there's class limit and they cannot play their fav class.

12. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

yesterday was just ridiculous, I was in ze red team, 14 at that time which 8 of them (!!) were engie...

13. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

if you are a good leader with teamspeak you can convince em that you can win if you change class, works for me, with luck i can make 2 snipers/spies etc go medic if needed.

14. Re: Class limits

I did my best and eventually they did change, although after a long loooong time.
    Yesterday was awesome except those few rounds with all those troll snipers.

5 good medics healing me and other regulars/good players on the other hand... that shit was F-ing awesome :p

But yeah, usually it's sort of balanced (engy/demo spam)
    but 4-5 snipers at the same time really didnt get us anywhere

15. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Yesterday on Dustbowl it was epic Demobowl with 9 demomen camping the last cp corner... haha ^^

16. Re: Class limits

come to think of it

on 32 man DB there's always some class that's played too much causing teh game to stall, be it 5 snipers attacking or 5 demos defending.

Biggest problem still is a disfuctional TEAM (read: no team work)

17. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

make it 16 players 8vs8 is very less spam.

18. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Nooo i like big games ^^ just fun

19. Re: Class limits

also class limit are not fav on 32 spam players servers btw
    only 24 below

20. SnuggleMuffin SnuggleMuffin

32 man servers are ftw really (<= spam lover)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)