custom mods?

Discussion in 'PropHunt' started by MrMike, 23 Nov 2009.

1. MrMike This is my face when you talk

custom mods?

ok i've recently gotten into the whole skin mods and checking out new and diffrent types, just wandering why custom skin mods aren't alowed on any of the servers =s
    i think the inclusion of alowing people to use custom mods such as skins in the game would be a great adition.
    unless there's some reason i think it's something that could be added and would be really cool =3

2. Geit Coding wizard!

We disallow most custom content to prevent hacking, there are certain skins that allow you to see through walls and are not VAC-banable.

If you present a link to the mod, Dark MAY unblock the files it uses, no guarantees.

3. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Geit, you do know that those skins have been very much killed since valve changed how $ignorez works.
    But whatever.

4. Gaw discord is my friend now

I was actually going to point this out aswell, but I thought I might get an infraction so

5. There are still skins where heads are bright colours etc.

Not to mention on prophunt you could probably do something to make the scouts visible or have a huge shadow or something.

6. Gaw discord is my friend now

can you at least make it easier to like submit skins that you want added to the white list or something.. like even a thread, so we can see other one's aswell.

7. They get whitelisted by name though, so any player, weapon, etc. skins are an instant no.

8. Gaw discord is my friend now

what do you mean exactly, do you mean say if you were to whitelist a dead ringer skin called giagag and you whitelisted that, a wallhack called giagag would work?

9. Geit Coding wizard!

It's done by the files it uses.

For example, if you have a skin of the KGB we unblock "/materials/weapons/KGB/" which would enable any skins with that file, someone could then use this to their advantage to make a "hacky" skin.

10. Gaw discord is my friend now

oh.

:(

11. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Only sad people who no lives do that though.

12. LienK Wat

Yeah, but there's plenty of those. :suicide:

13. Gaw discord is my friend now

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)