DayZ

Discussion in 'ARMA & DayZ' started by Deleted member 2190, 17 Jun 2012.

1. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

I object to the word 'refuse', but yeah, I thought so, unfortunately enough. Oh well, maybe I'll get it when it's somewhat more developed. Thank you guys!

2. You can warez Arma 2 for full quality textures

OA is all you need to buy

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  3. Harv Admiral Anchovy

It would've been nice to read this topic before purchasing CO for 25 euros. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. For those interested but slightly unsure whether to buy, it may be worth waiting for the heavily discounted alpha standalone. I imagine it'll be somewhere more along the region of Minecraft's paid alpha, possibly slightly more expensive.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

Just started playing and spawned at Balota. Got a hatchet and moved to the airfield where I picked up and then lost an AK-47. I took this as an omen and ran to Cherno as I now only had 6000 blood. Finally made it to the northern hospital of Cherno while on <3000 blood and am now tripping epi-pens, morphine and blood packs but can't use the blood packs on my own.

I'm so glad this game turned out to be as tense as I expected.

6. Mister Spuds I don't understand what's going on here...

Going to the airfield is always a guaranteed ambush from vastly better equipped players.

7. Geit Coding wizard!

I'm near the north of Cherno if you need a transfusion. :P

8. Harv Admiral Anchovy

Okay, I spawned near some shipyard, after 20 mins I managed to equip an axe, then killed 4 zeds, then died after falling from a silo or something. I would've died cause of the blood loss anyways. Also I tried saying hello on Mumble, but there are a lot of dogs around me, and I don't want to spam with loud barking. Next time I hope it will be even more fun. :D

Adventures of Bad Luck Birdman: Running from like 4-5 zombies, find a hut, lock the front door, then open the back door on myself, break leg, fall unconcious.

9. Rondon Ruff Ruff is Rondon

Does anyone know a fix for that crazy polygon bug on dayz? Kind of annoying and off putting :P

10. Geit Coding wizard!

Restart the game, or try and change video memory size in options, the latter is less likely to work though.

11. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I disabled shadows and that did the magic.

12. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

From the DayZ forum

FLUSHING:

If you experience graphical glitches, sometimes 'flushing' might help. To do this, hold SHIFT and NUMPAD - and type 'flush'.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Geit Coding wizard!

So, earlier today on DayZ: Spuds, Mole and I were all near Cherno and found a bus that someone had managed to crash into a concrete pile of shit, but was still working well enough to drive. (Wheels were yellow) - Anyway, as our poor new bus was somewhat battered, we decided to take it to the Elektro industrial district where we found it some spiffy new tyres and went on our way to Berezino, we got there without much issue, however as we were driving up a hill, a literal stone throw from Berezino, Spuds managed to clip into a concrete shit pile and broke both front wheels. Brilliant.

Anyway, I decided to head into the nearby industrial building and found our first car wheel to repair the bus with, a spot of good luck that it was so close to the vehicle, however, we managed to break two wheels, so we were still immobile with no left wheel to speak of. We were in the southern town of Berezino, which consists of a few small industrial spawns, a hospital, a supermarket and a metric crapton of cupcakes (graphical glitches), so after a long while of searching for more car wheels I had no choice but to reconnect to fix the cupcakes. After reloading, all was well with the cupcakes, and it was time to head towards northern Berezino and it's fabled industrial district.

I should also probably mention Mole at this point... On our way up from the southern town, Mole and I met up and started running north to Spuds, we were supposed to stop at the military tents and pick up Mole a nice new gun, however Mole managed to get knocked down by Zombies as we were running. Resulting in a few seconds of panic, I asked Mole how much blood he had, and he insisted he had plenty. I turned around and started shooting the zombies that had been following him, I asked exactly how much blood he had, this is what followed...

With the Mole down, getting the bus fixed up became an even greater priority, so that we could go and pick him up on whichever corner of the map he spawned in, so I proceeded to run to meet up with Spuds. Spuds had been ahead of us, he had told Mole about the gun in the tents, and he was now in the industrial district searching while I was edging ever closer with my zombie horde in tow. When I eventually got to him, he was done searching... There was no other car tyre in Berezino, we'd have to leave the bus. We decided to duck into a blue doored building to sort out our stuff for a few moments, while I was in there I decided I needed water and went to go pick up a water can on the floor, when I noticed that there was actually a car wheel in my inventory. What? I saw the wheel get fixed on the bus, there's no way I should still have it. We had a brief celebration, then realised that our good luck was in fact caused by me logging in and out, some days I love DayZ's bugs.

I'm driving now, as Spuds managed to total the bus. - We're heading to Kamenka, where Mole has respawned, but he logged off, so we went to pick up Miles, who was just outside Elektro. Earlier on Spuds had told me about his plan for vengence, and now he was whispering into my ear as we drove along, saying that he was going to get out and shoot Miles to avenge Duke's death at his hands yesterday. We pulled along side Miles and invited him into our nice warm bus, and as he was walking up to it, Spuds placed 3 firm bullets in his back, an appropriate punishment for Miles' treachery and backstabbery, don't you think?

We loaded Miles' belongings onto the bus and were about to set off to go pick him up from his new spawn point, when Spuds decided that he had enough for now, leaving just me to drive the bus. I turned it around and headed back to Drakon (east of Elektro) to pick up Miles and we decided together that we would head to Starry and then hide the bus and log off for the night. After a while, nature called in real life for me, so I gave Miles instructions to drive the bus towards Starry. When I returned, all was well and Miles was driving perfectly fine, we had a few scrapes while driving through Mogilevka resulting in the wheels switching from yellow/green to orange, which is an acceptable amount of damage and is of little consequence to how the bus runs. However, Miles drives in the first person, using a mouse, so when we arrived in Starry he managed to plow the side of the bus into a wrecked car he couldn't see, which again broke both front wheels and left our bus stranded on the main road in the middle of Starry.

Anyway, trying to cut this a bit shorter because I've already written more words than I have since school ended: Starry: No Wheels, Novy: No Wheels, South Berezino: No Wheels, Mid Berezino: AT LAST, after over an hour of walking, a wheel. North Berezino: Another wheel, thank god! We trecked back to Starry, Miles accidentaly shot me once due to major lag, we had a brief few moments of worry that a Hacker was on a server after all our characters started doing gun holster animations all at the same time (Free was on but elsewhere). But we got back to Starry safely and repaired the bus. Phew.

At this point, I took the control of the bus again and started us on our way to where I planned to hide to bus. After a while we turned onto a low quality road and followed it for quite a way, and as I came speeding round a corner, we suddenly spotted a Jeep, just sitting in the middle of the road. We jumped out and checked it's gear: 20 AK Mags, 5 Stanag Mags, 2 M107 Mags, 2 UGO AP Grenades, 1 Camping tent and some other misc bits and bobs. The car was all fine, except it had no Fuel and a completely broken Fuel tank, but Spuds had had the foresight to dump some fuel tanks and jerry cans of extra in the back of the bus, so we quickly had the Jeep on its way.

Anyway, both of the vehicles are now hidden, although we couldn't hide the bus in a forest because it always stuck out like a sore thumb wherever I put it but it is in a fairly safe place along side a road inside some bushes, where players shouldn't be too much (Unless they are hunting for crashed helicopters). The Jeep is very safely hidden in a copse of Pine trees, away from prying eyes.

That was awesome, even if this post is not written very awesomely, it is 5 am after all.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Wizard Wizard x 3
    • List
  14. Mole45 Dance Little Liar

To be fair, I had 7000 blood when the zombies started attacking me.

15. Harv Admiral Anchovy

I'll add you guys on steam, if you plan to play next time, please tell me, I'd like to try the game, but all I managed to achieve is camping on a silo, living in constant fear and starvation. :(

16. tl;dr

17. Also everyone knows I am the best bus driver as well as overall dayz player

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  18. Geit Coding wizard!

Do we win yet?

[​IMG]

We also had to destroy an ATV, and another hatchback because we couldn't drive them due to it being just the three of us.

Also, special thanks to Blue, the jeep on the left got blown up shortly after this photo, thankfully, it is the bugged one that reappears after every server restart

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  19. Bluepanther GM's Original Dog

Wow there Goaty boy. You were the one who suddenly decided that when Ribby informs you the sun is rising, you should slam on the breaks while another car is driving at full speed behind you on a tiny road.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Sexual Tension Sexual Tension x 1
    • List
  20. Geit Coding wizard!

Well, Mr Panther, I'm afraid that YOU were the one that didn't maintain your distance! I did inform you that I was stopping, and you were a respectable distance behind my super car. So yeah, your fault. :V

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dayz polygon glitch

2. dayz old hatchback

3. Dayz Little Bird fuel glitch

4. dayz polygons flush,
  5. repair car starry dayz,
  6. car hatchback dayz,
  7. dayz starry tents,
  8. fix day z polygon bug,
  9. reddit dayz polygon fix,
  10. dayz polygon bug