Discuss: Class Limits

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Core, 9 Aug 2008.

1. Discuss: Class Limits

As we all know, pyros, especially in large numbers can be like playing a game of ping pong...extremely annoying...

Please discuss here what class limits you would like to see on the GM servers.

2. Bun

Re: Discuss: Class Limits

Pyro: 3
    Engineers: 3
    Demo: 3

That's the only one we need IMO.

3. Re: Discuss: Class Limits

Agreed - although for the 24 slot servers it should be 2 of each.

4. Bun

Yupp.

5. Re: Discuss: Class Limits

no limits on pub servers.
    Yes i actually say this. The reason i still sometimes play pubs is that i can do whatever i want to. we have tried class limits and
    1. the plugin fucks up sometimes (e.g. if one is dead you can "steal" his class-slot
    2. it sucks to be forced to play something you dont want to
    3. for the Heavy update it should work, as the Heavy is balanced
    4. when the Sniper unlocks come out, i will restrict snipers to 3 per team tho :(

6. Bun

Bun and/or The Bun Company is not responsible for any of the above comments.

7. Re: Discuss: Class Limits

I think i have to agree with waebi.
    Our servers are meant to keep us popular, and the best way to do this is using a 32 slot DB and GR without classlimits. These, in my oppinion, completely sucks, but people want it this way, and i can (and do) play on other servers if i wonna have fun...

If we ever manage to get some 24/24 server with real maps (badlands, fastlane, warpath, gpit, ...) that is full most of the time, then i'll say: add a classlimit to sniper, engie and pyro (not to demo), but not to the DB and GR servers, since they are there to keep us popular...

8. Re: Discuss: Class Limits

1. the plugin fucks up sometimes (e.g. if one is dead you can "steal" his class-slot D: yep.
    2. it sucks to be forced to play something you dont want to It also sucks when you have 5 snipers, 5 demos and 3 pyros. the other side ofc. but most ppl are able to learn.
    3. for the Heavy update it should work, as the Heavy is balanced not fun for scouts D: 90% of the heavies wont be able to track you. Thats one important thing you can train there: Jump around and put shots in them, about 3-5 and they are down.
    4. when the Sniper unlocks come out, i will restrict snipers to 3 per team tho :( :Dhave to do it there, whole team would camp -> no way to play.

9. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Pub class limits ftl, tbh. If they want to mess up their game by having a spy rush, let them do it. There's plenty of other servers out there, and that's the point; when people can't play any of their favourite classes they will leave, and that's not what we want. However, when packs come out...engy and sniper packs will be ridiculous so we do need to account for these influxes, but I don't think we need do it now. It's easier to defend a class limit for the one that has just been ubercharged. If you keep getting killed by pyros, stop camping around corners, I say :D

10. Re: Discuss: Class Limits

I agree with the above points, class limits would be epic fail and cause a mass exodus.

11. Bun

D:

12. Re: Discuss: Class Limits

Exactly...class limits would end in a chaos for the userbase. A lot of ppl would leave.

13. Re: Discuss: Class Limits

In a strange way it's a shame they removed the health buff from the backburner as there's more motivation to use the pushback on the FT.

I swear the pushback should take half your ammo (and half your life, and double your respawn time .. aand... make you explode, then kick you from the server for 24 hours). Ok I feel better now.

14. Re: Discuss: Class Limits

Surely there are plenty of other servers, but mostly piss poor ones.
    The thing is, those people u described don't ruin the gaming experience just for themselves,
    but for others in their team too. If I find out I am in a team
    with 6 uncontributive snipers, I'm just gonna change server, and after that some other
    poor souls will get balanced to ruin their game too.

If class limits would make people leave they would be the kind of people I wouldn't mind
    leaving honestly. I don't believe in this scenario at all though, knowing a lot of the people
    who play here.

I just wonder if the limits would do any good, atleast I don't believe in the limits provided earlier.
    That would leave one sentry for each demo, and usually there aren't that many good demos.
    Pyro masses are only good in servers with fixed respawn times, not, say, in GM goldrush.
    Imo snipers should definitely be included in that list.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)