Discussions about piracy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Yuuki, 15 Sep 2009.

1. Re: Discussions about piracy

Yeah future cop L.A.P.D is epic i remember when it first come out and i got it was epic :D

2. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: Discussions about piracy

Ye, Split Screen multiplayer owned (on PC) ^^

3. Re: Discussions about piracy

lol'd at title change

4. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

It is, not it was.

5. Re: Discussions about piracy

"i remember when it first come out and i got it was epic" i was referring to when i first got it and i though it was epic, not implying it is epic (even though it is epic)

6. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

IT IS.

[/caps]

7. Re: Discussions about piracy

I still play Abe's Exoddus, and it's still the best game ever.

I hope Oddworld Inhabitants made enough money from the Steam release to finish Citizen Siege.

8. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

i wish i had some old 2d games i used to play, but i forgot name etc and i can never find em anymore.
    so sad.

9. Knud Phat beats only

@ Oba, that was a nice post about Batman AA. I saw it somewhere too today.

I have a somewhat interesting question, perhaps.
    I own all the (LEGAL!) DVD's of Battlestar Galactica, including Razor.
    And Im going to buy the last season too. Hell, I'm even considering buying the entire box-set, to get the free Cylon figure.
    But I also like the music from BSG. I really don't want to pay another ~20 euro for 1 season OST. So I downloaded it. Illegal. I already paid full price for the DVD box-set. And the music artist (Bear McCreary) is already being paid by that.
    So in my opinion it's fair that I can download the score like this.
    (Or if the price was alot lower, I would purchase it)
    Thoughts?

10. Fromage "The Cheese"

If you bought something once you should definitly not have to buy it again. Im not a big fan of all those "re-recordings" of music that is out there (releasing music that was released a long time ago) i mean, then you pay for the same stuff over and over. I'm not sure for games though.. if you buy a PC release of a game maybe you can get a big discount if you want it on another console/platform.

Erik

11. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Mhhh .... i dont have a problem with that, but the "Soundtrack" is beeing sold as a seperate product, so some lawyer-dudes might be"interested" in such stuff .....

How you got it ?! ^^ Bittorrent is a lot more dangerous at such stuff as normal DDL, because some companys offer their stuff as seeder, to log the IPs of the leecher / leech stuff from guys, that are still loading and log the IP, to proove that you "offer it" by yourself (thats what Bittorrent does more or less ..). Bittorrent is evUl

12. Re: Discussions about piracy

I partially agree Oba.
    But look, i like the way BitTorrent works. I can offer downloads of my stuff without paying for servers and bandwidth. :)

13. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Well, i dont have a problem with BitTorrent itself, but ~95% of the stuff exchanged there are illegal warez stuff.....

14. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

I've got more of a feeling it's more like ~80/85%, BitTorrent/etc are used a lot by major open source distributors, near to all linux bases are torrents, a lot of large freeware products are also torrents and the free music industry (I don't mean the "lol lets download a album thats in the store", I'm on about the people who make music as a hobby and release their albums for free to the public on the internet) use torrrents. The percentage might be a lot bigger than you think, but it is true most of it is used incorrectly.

15. Knud Phat beats only

PeerGuardian is my friend. It blocks a lot of IP's. Sure, not all evil ones, but its better than nothing at all.

Also, if there was a good alternative in Holland, I would pay for my digital content. But the price should be good, say ~ €20 per month, unlimited downloads. No DRM.
    (ok, 20 eur is nothing, if you download 100GB of data perhaps, but it does needs to start somewhere I think)

16. Gaw discord is my friend now

RapidShare premium account + www.warez-bb.org

17. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

PeerGuradian is nice against many government-IPs, but pretty useless against the industry's VM-server-based random bots that are used for fake-seeding to detect leechers, or random-IP shits, etc. ..... PeerGuardian only blocks IPs that are known to be "evil", it cant deal with daily/weekly changing seed-bots / IPs.

Btw: Never heard of iTunes ?! Still a bit pricey there (prices of TV show seasons >_> - 2,49€ for a single House M.D. episode of the 5th season.... ), but music stuff is easy/affordable to get there.

18. Fromage "The Cheese"

20 euro for unlimited downloads would never cover for all the things that are out there. If you go up to around 100 euro you might be able too, but who want to pay that? :) I heard some rumors that the artists on www.spotify.com gets like 0.000008 euro/time their song is played and that's not gonna change anything when it comes to music distribution if they get that poorly paid. Then they will remove their music and people will download more again, I would probably pay more if needed, want to support any good service where I can access everything legal and at the same time give the artist cash to make better music.

when it comes to games its really expensive from my experience to make them, to gain up the cost of producing them you have to sell A LOT on the retail price that's already very high.. :) So a streaming service with unlimited downloads for music/games/programs is far into the future i'd say (movies are coming up though, check out http://www.voddler.com/, signed up for the beta for it)

Erik

19. Re: Discussions about piracy

lol vobbler

Web 2.0 names ftl - just another bandwagon.

20. Fromage "The Cheese"

Fuck, sorry, my bad! It's called voddler.. haha. Dunno what vobbler mean in english. ^^
    http://www.voddler.com/index/force-login
    Edit. Keep in mind both spotify.com and voddler.com is swedish inventions, we're amazing!

Erik

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. discussions about piracy