Dodgeball Server

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Freak0ut, 3 Mar 2012.

?

Do you want dodgeball server ?

Poll closed 10 Mar 2012.
  1. Yes

88.6%
  2. No

11.4%
  1. Gaw discord is my friend now

That's all good and well, but until they're removed, there is not much point in keeping it on the server really.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  2. I vote for scoutknifes almost all the time, I like it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

It's fun, for a minute or so. But it's also a spammy luckfest. A better map would make it great, maybe, but at the moment, I only like it for a minute or so before wanting something else.

4. Cactus The key is to never give up

I dislike the fact that you have lives, and it isn't arena mode as I always seem to lag (must be some random client side bug which I have never have had before) and die at the very start, losing my first one-two lives.

5. Didn't get to stumble on a scoutknivez match yet, when ever i join, it's either hale/dodgeball or the annoying zombie/deathrun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Gaw discord is my friend now

Removed tfdb_harvest_event_a4 :) (Thank you for the screenshot, it made identifying it quite easy)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Remove tfdb_platforms its very bad map, and put in tfdb_orangebox_b:)

8. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

There's a Dodgeball map called something like ZouZou; it's a relatively dark-red-brown map with Bowser in the middle. As far as I could deduce, the first time, this map doesn't spawn any rockets, but the followng times it does. However, everyone spawns right in each other, and it's generally a poor map I think.

My advice would be to remove it.

9. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

There really needs to be some plugin so that the same gamemode cant be chosen over and over again.
    in the server at the moment and this is the 5th map of dodgeball we are playing on...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

But Dodgeball is the best gamemode! :P

Unless your playing against Squall D:

11. Hooch Luckiest man alive.

maybe it's best to remove the RTV plugin and have a map rotation where each gamemode comes into play 1 after the other.

though if it were up to me i'd remove all the gamemodes and keep it to only Versus Saxton Hale, all the spamming of dodgeball only brought the number of people on the server down while the spamming of VSH brought it way up.

12. Dan Chief Detective at GM Police HQ - Jagex #1 Fan!

SAXTON HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Saxton hale is terrible with a small amount of people though. Main priority should be removing shitty maps, it is shitty maps that drive people away, not the gamemode.
    While I am here remove tfdb_radar (iirc) terrible, terrible map for dodgeball, rockets keep hitting things people can troll in 'safe' spots, and it allows pushing.

15. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Well, just keep it like this. But, if it's, say, the third time in a row the same game mode (because you could do it because the map sucks, so I'd say third instead of second), make the percentages... Skewed. Whatever the word is.

Now, the mode with the highest percentage wins. When for the third time in a row the same mode is chosen, make it so that when for instance 50% of the people do not vote for said mode, the votes for that mode are discarded, and instead, the next most voted for mode 'wins'.

Would that be an idea? And yeah, confusing explanation, but English isn't my native language. :P

EDIT: Also, maybe add some way to report maps, or at least, make us able to see how the map is called so we can report it here.

16. Dodgeball makes me think of apples.
    Gaw.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. Humpers GM's Resident #420 Twatmeister General

Yeah, I agree with what is said above, as much as I like dodgeball, the constant rtv-ing of it makes me lose interest very quickly and I know it does others too. I reckon removing rtv and having map and gamemode rotation instead would be a good idea (as stated above).

18. Nah its bad idea cuz dodgeball mode haves alot of bad maps like tfdb_platforms tfdb_glass_floor...
    That ll be good only when admins delete bad maps and put some new better maps.

19. Bagman Some cunt on the internet

I think in general it would be better for the funserver, not to become a dodgeball-dedicated one.
    So if the gamemodes cycled, but you could vote for the map?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tfdb_radar