Dodgeball Server

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Freak0ut, 3 Mar 2012.

?

Do you want dodgeball server ?

Poll closed 10 Mar 2012.
  1. Yes

88.6%
  2. No

11.4%
  1. coffeejunky GM's Tea-boy

Also its a real shame TF2Ware is totally impossible, naughty Darki :p

2. anyone remember playing a tf2 tower defense mod ?

was pretty fun iirc

3. Gaw discord is my friend now

This is the best idea. The server would force you to go, say Dodgeball to Saxton Hale to Zombie Fortress and then back to Dodgeball. At the end of every map, you get to pick the next map, but not gamemode. If you're on Dodgeball, you'll only be able to pick vsh maps.

4. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

That bugged map (rockets don't explode) with the moving platforms I was talking about a few days ago is tfdb_own_way_b2. Could it please be deleted?

5. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Why is server #8 gone all of sudden?

6. Frozen, seems to be a regular occurrence these days

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Squallkitty GM's #1 Streamer!

pretty big bump but i started playing dodgeball again and i noticed that the big servers like DMN are completely gone now, so i was wondering. is it possible we can boot our own dodgeball server back up?

8. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Well, as a matter of fact, while I'm not sure if everything is still usable in the way of plugins etc, in a wider sense, is there any chance of a return of the old "fun" server #8, with the dodge-ball, fort-wars, zombie fortress, scout knives etc?

9. Wasn't that server dead for like 2 years

10. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

I wouldn't have described it as utterly dead, more like Lazarus in terms of player count.
    Anyway, what with how few of these minigame servers there are around nowadays, it's surely likely to have a decent number of people about.

11. Gaw discord is my friend now

There's probably no servers because the mods haven't been updated and likely don't work. Can't confirm as I don't play TF2/have it installed but it's not as easy as flicking a button.

12. Squallkitty GM's #1 Streamer!

for dodgeball i can say it does but problem is for most of the servers that do nowadays it is full of trolls. the rest i cant confirm since i don't play them.

13. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

Take your point sir. As I say, there are a few functioning servers around, but they seem to be a bit... outdated, to say the least. Just a thought though, Dodgeball seems to be far better maintained.

14. Gaw discord is my friend now

If it's a public mod I'll be willing to look into it, but based on past experiences the good dodgeball smx mods were always private and had high licensing fees.

15. Squallkitty GM's #1 Streamer!

im going to try to contact one of the old DMN people maybe they want to collab or something like that.

edit: found out that their biggest problem was not beeing able to keep paying for the server so that is why DMN died :/

Last edited: 12 May 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Gaw discord is my friend now

It is a shame our TF2 servers are so underutilized - we have an amazing dedicated server with low pings to all of europe. So yeah if anything comes to fruition as a result of that let us know!

17. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

ran a TFDB server a few years back, was fun and actually got pretty popular. Good game mode.

18. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Was that the server with Dragonfreak and all? Sheez, time flies...

19. NomNom Chompski BURNING LOVEEEE

Yeah, long time ago now like good days. Back when people like Friendly Sim were around.

20. nlspeed Rex Omnium Imperarum

Yeah, Raven and all formed Team Z70, I believe? I'm pretty sure there was - is? - a forum of them, somewhere.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)