Epic fail, again!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fromage, 9 Jul 2009.

1. Fromage "The Cheese"

Re: Epic fail, again!

Haha thanks, I know. Don't know who set that mobygames up though, still haven't gotten any bad company credits :(

Erik

2. Re: Epic fail, again!

What part of it did you contribute to? Anything that I should look for when playing it? :P

3. Fromage "The Cheese"

Ugh... well I worked mostly on the ingame cutscenes (3D ones..) and the beginning/ending animations of each level, when she runs into screen. Also did some other things like jumping into a truck, cops getting out of their cars and such (background thingys..) Also I did most of the lipsyncing on the characters, to bad the consoles delays it on the unreal engine so it will look pretty stupid. :)

Erik

4. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

"Additional Animation" kinda like you moved 1 biped in autodesk and voila :O?

5. Fromage "The Cheese"

Lol no. It's for the people who was on the project shorter than.. 8 or 10 months. Think I was on it for 7 or something, so I didn't get full credits (not credit to team.. :( ) but it's fine ,got to do pretty much that is seen anyhow. :D

Erik

6. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

well with so many ppl that work on a game you dont really blink out of the crowd unfortunally :)

7. Fromage "The Cheese"

Yeah that's a shame. :( But I'm there at least and it's good enough for me!

I seriously hate this PC. Look at my idle temps!

Erik

Attached Files:

8. Re: Epic fail, again!

What are the specs? Pentium 4 by any chance? :P

9. Fromage "The Cheese"

P4, 2.8 ghz downclocked to 2.4 ghz because of the heat, 3 gb ram (mixed i think, like 1 x 1 gb and 1 x 2 gb in random PC values... lol) QuadroFX1000, some randon hard drives.... it take ages to boot up firefox!

Erik

10. Re: Epic fail, again!

It's more the vcore that affects the temperature - if you go into bios and decrease it a little and check if it's stable then you should see temperatures drop quite a bit :P

11. Fromage "The Cheese"

One broken PC is enough, but hey, many thanks!
    [​IMG]

Erik

12. Re: Epic fail, again!

If it's an old pc take the cpu fan off and remove the thermal past and put some new past on and remove any dust.

13. Fromage "The Cheese"

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Erik

14. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Lol, Cheezey somehow reminds me of a DAU (german: Dümmster Anzunehmender User - translated thats: Dumbest Assumable User), the kind of PC Users with NO idea about Hardware - and in worst case, these guys try to "fix" their PC by their very own -> FAIL ^^ The Hardware-Goofy if you like.

The most epics of these guys are trying to force DDR2-RAM-DIMMS into DDR3-Slots and so on ...... the daily lol in the hardware forums = )

Erik, you cant damage a processor with Undervolting, the worst thing that can happen is, that your PC wont boot, in that case just reset the BIOS settings via Jumper/remove BIOS battery for a min .... every processor runs in a "security area" that gives you some space for over/undervolting, which means you can easily undervolt your CPU a bit without any Speed decrease, but with a little less power consumption and less heat, in fact, you can overclock it a bit AND lower the VCore, which means higher speed but less heat ;)

It just requires a "bit" of testing to find the optimum.

15. Re: Epic fail, again!

nah, I think erik doesn't want to open the PC, cos it under warranty or insurance'd by work, right erik :P

if so, best to leave to get repaired.

but srsly, down-clocked :S get a better fan, well i mean tell them(ze pc ppl) to put on a better fan or get an pc upgrade.

16. Fromage "The Cheese"

Oba:

Well to be honest I don't really care if this PC breaks when my other work, but til then I'm not gonna touch anything since it works good enough for internet browsing. I never really had any interest about the inside of the PC so call me dumb or whatever when it comes to hardware, even if it's simple to you guys its not for me since I only opened my case once when I installed more ram.

I'm sure I can change components and do stuff inside the PC but it's not in my interest and if I have warranty left like on my other PC then why not use it? :)

John:

This PC doesn't have any warranty left, its like 6 years old now but I use it as a backup PC if my other breaks so I'm not going to install another fan on this one. :)

Erik

17. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

But where is the fun if you dont try to fix your own PC and blow it up with your first try ?! ^_^

Not that this would have ever happened to me ....

18. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well I have enough of things to deal with, my knowledge is more on a software basis and that's good enough for me. Can't do everything cause it would be to much. And the PC that is broken will be fixed for free hopefully so.. it w ould still take some time to get it to work becuase I would have to find the defect component, send it to them, let them look at it and have a replacement back. I'm not made out of money so I can buy a new card everytime one break.. :)

Erik

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)