Epic fail, I hate Asus (motherboards)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fromage, 14 Feb 2009.

1. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Re: Epic fail, I hate Asus (motherboards)

This is not true imo ..... some months ago, there was a test by a german magazine, how good you can aim with a controller, compared to mouse/keyboard, so they took some german players that have a good K/D ratio in several multi-platform games like CoD4 and UT3 and watched them playing .... the result was, that the controllers werent as precise like the mouse/keyboard of the PC gamers. With Games for Windows Live, there would have been a possibility to let PC players play against console players, but Microsoft screwed up on the whole project .... the game Shadowrun is should have been one of the first games, where this would have been possible, and MS said, that they were thinking about "balancing" the difference between the mouse' and the controller's precision, because they tested it, and the "average PC gamers" would have owned the "average console players" if they would "cheat" the PC gamers with making their controlling more unprecise, or to give the console players some aiming help ....

There sure IS a difference, you can be a good console gamer if you have enough practice with a controller ( i know that, in the past i played a hell lot on my PS2) but the mouse still is the most precise kind of playing.

2. Ash

Shadowrun is cross platform you can play against PC gamers from your x360 on it.. The Crossing is also cross platform.

Its true that average PC gamers would probably own average console gamers because there is alot more casual console gamers because its more accessible and pick up and play.. but lets say for example Shadowrun (just because its cross platform) if you got two good players that knew what they were doing I doubt you will see much of a difference between them, the majority of Shadowrun games I did play it was a mixture of x360/pc gamers topping the scoreboards.. and even in some private scrims with friends off the MLG circuit (Shadowrun isn't a MLG game we were playing it for fun cuz it is fun and has some issues with it that will never make it properly into MLG, maybe gamebattles but the ladder on their is starting to die down now) the PC gamers in the game did not seem to have an advantage.. Only thing we did notice was console gamers got some update lag of the PC gamers but thats just a problem with the cross platforming.

3. Vacoy some sort of fucking fish

I'm never buying ASUS mobo's again either. Had the P5b or something, and the sound and internetcard didn't work. so I send it back, got a new one. and I've NEVER had so much shit problems with my sound. Then i got a new hard drive, and it just didnt work, took me 3 days to find out it was my mobo, It just wasnt working. I got 2 mobo's both broken, fucktards. Now I got a Gygabite mobo. Best thing ever, no problems with sound, better sound, way faster, and at least my Ssata is working O.O

4. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

@ Ash: Well, Shadowrun is more or less ignored by the PC gamers because it just sux. It was just an exapmle from me, because MS tried to bring console gamers and PC gamers together with GfW Live .... but that failed hard. Now, MS seems to start a new try, first step is to get some games in GfW Live, that are really worth playing, with GTA4 using GfW Live, and some games that are about to come out (Dawn of War 2 for example) GfW Live first needs to be more popular, until they will start a new try bringing the 2 "worlds" together ....

I never played Shadowrun by myself btw, because magazine's rated it as "scum" with very low ratings. I really would like to play TF2 or better UT3 against some console players ... in the last game i can guarantee ya, that they would have no chance against my shock gun aiming ;P

5. Ash

Never trust game reviews they are always biased.. just look at GTA4.. Rockstar bribed some of the big companies not to mention some problems in the reviews.. if you have an x360 get the Shadowrun demo.. you will be suprised at how fun and how inventive it is.. its one of those games that are really good but slipped through under the radar because of big hyped games being released at the same time..

The next cross platform game is by Valve.. called "The Crossing" (the name has nothing to do with it being cross platform) its a interesting new genre of game (cross player) where singleplayer and multiplayer are merged together.. you play it singleplayer (sort of) and the other characters in the game are other people playing their singleplayer.. so everyone is sort of a pawn in everyone elses singleplayer.. so its singleplayer/multiplayer making the genre crossplayer.. sounds interesting.. and its also going to be cross platform.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on the PC vs Console Gamer arguement because regardless of what you say I still think it doesn't matter.. and if a player is better then another player they are going to win.. mouse/keyboard/controller are just tools like paintbrushs and pencils are to art.. it doesn't matter what tool you use its the end result that matters.

6. Re: Epic fail, I hate Asus (motherboards)

It would be stupid if it can't handle gaming. :?
    Sorry for you mate.
    Hope you get next time a computer with gaming-abilities? :D

Greetz, ProStyle592.

7. Fromage "The Cheese"

Got a response by the company today. They told me to try some other stuff but they didn't work either. Luckily I can either send the mobo or the whole pc to them for free and they'll fix it (change the bios chip) which is nice. I'm no good with PC building so I'll send the full PC to them instead (they have a store near by where i can leave it) then they send it to their repairing place and it'll be back soon. :)

Erik

8. Re: Epic fail, I hate Asus (motherboards)

what is it for sure? if you know it's the motherboard, send that only. along with the cpu if you want.

I just got a new intel motherboard and cpu replaced from the company where I bought it. previous pc was f**ked

now I officially own two pc's :)

9. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well I'm not that handy when it comes to PC assambly even if its easy. :) And I don't have anything to package it in either because I bought the PC in a complete package. I'd rather send the full package then, I don't have to walk that far with it so.

Erik

10. Fromage "The Cheese"

Anyone missing the cheese in-game? Still haven't sent in little pc yet so I won't be on for .. at least 1½-2 more weeks. By then I might just got enough of TF2 and may not come back... who knows! :mrgreen:

Erik

11. Fromage "The Cheese"

Well I'm glad to see that no one misses me!!11 :mrgreen: I got an email today and if I understood it right they sent the PC back today and it will arrive next week on monday hopefully. We'll see if I get back or not ingame, been without it for 4 weeks now so I don't need it that badly..

Erik

12. Re: Epic fail, I hate Asus (motherboards)

ahuh... DE...NIAL! =P
    withdrawal symptons will kick in right about now ;P

i miss you <3... man dont you leave to ='(

13. Fromage "The Cheese"

Haha you don't mean that, do you? I think people finally have a chance to win now when I'm not in the opposite team. :lol:

Erik

14. Re: Epic fail, I hate Asus (motherboards)

Personaly i think ASUS mobo's = number one.

1. Asus. (Always my number 1.)
    2. Gigabyte. (Unless u have a big wallet, then there is DFI & EVGA... etc..)

BTW Bios updates are prone to Fail on all mobo's not just asus, and next time you are best not to use the windows one. if u got a new mobo save to flash then do it in bios. much safer.

15. Fromage "The Cheese"

I have an abit on my current computer and it works to flash from windows. I doubt they sell anylonger though :mrgreen:

Erik

16. Re: Epic fail, I hate Asus (motherboards)

I was wondering where the cheese had got to!

Hurry back bud :)

17. Fromage "The Cheese"

Yeah you didn't notice i've been gone for a month now huh? that's wicked! If I get back i'll stab you even more so you never forget me!

Erik

18. Re: Epic fail, I hate Asus (motherboards)

Ah come on bud iv'e been away for 10 days myself, give me a break :)

19. Fromage "The Cheese"

Still, 10 days dont beat my 28 right? :lol: You need to game less anyhow you know. :)

Erik

20. Re: Epic fail, I hate Asus (motherboards)

Yeah I know, I think I need to go to Games/Interweb anonymous but I wouldn't be the only one would I ;)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)