First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Disco_Indigo, 17 Apr 2009.

1. First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

Welcome Contenders and TF2 fans :)

This is the official thread for for the tournament which starts today at 8pm GMT. ALL match announcements, results and screen shots will be posted here. Team captains are asked to start making arrangements now to sort matches between teams.

Each Team will play in total of 7 matches. All 7 matches must be completed within a maximum of 7 weeks. This should not be a problem as some teams may be able to arrange 2 matches in one week by just looking at the match announcments and seeing which teams are around playing.

The following table will be kept up todate with the latest scores (thx to spyko).

[attachment=0:3d33mnye]gmtable.png[/attachment:3d33mnye]

I have compiled a list of simple rules which this tournament will run. They are very basic I know, but I hope effective.

Rules:

The Winner of each match will be the first team to win 2 maps
    A match will consist of two opposing teams (6 players each) playing 2 maps from the following map list :- Ganary, Badlands, Fastlane, Gravelpit, Turbine, or Well.
    A team may suggest another map of their choice which is not on this list as long as the opposing team as happy to play.
    The winner of each map will be the first team to win 6 rounds.
    If after 2 maps played each team has won on one map, then a decider third map game will take place
    The teams will mutually decide which 3rd map is choosen, however if agreement cannot be reached then the default map will be choosen - Badlands.

Teams will try to aim to play at least one match per week
    If a team drops out of the competition then all points against that team will be forfiet for all competing teams.
    Teams are require to arrange their own matches with other teams, this should give you team more flexiblity (if you want to set up a roster then cool) :)

If any players are found to be cheating, hacking, or using illegal scripts (inline with ETF2L rules) , the team which that player belongs to, if found guilty, will lose all points gained in the match they are cheating in, the opposing team will automatically gain 2 points and therefore win the match.
    If illegal activity continues by any particular team then then will be removed from the competition.
    Game Limits :- 1 medic, 1 Demo, and up to choice of two of every other class. NO Crits, no sandman

1 Point for each map win (first to win 6 rounds to win each map) EDIT: or the greatest number of rounds won within 30 minutes.
    If both teams have the same number of rounds won within 30 minutes then a draw will be declared and both teams will be awarded 0.5 points.
    Ateam with a lower number of maps lost with show higher on the score board against a team with the same number of points but higher number of maps lost.

Servers and Announcments
    Team may choose to play their matches on other servers, however they must be accessable to all participates in order to spectate.
    GM Warserver is free to all to use :) - First come first served - make sure you have announced your match.

ALL matches must be announced on the notice board at least 1 hour prior to the match, in order for other teams to spectate if they so wish. If you want more to spectate then announce sooner :)

Announcment format:- Team gm-z v TP Time 20.00 20/04/2008 GM warserver IP...........

Results must also be announced by the winning team in following format:-

Map 1 Granary gm-z 5 TP 4
    Map 2 Well gm-z 3 TP 5
    Map 3 Fastlane gm-z 5 TP 4

I hope this covers most things, i am sure there will be more questions. As I have said before I have tried to keep it simple.
    If you have any further questions then please let me know.

All that is left for me to say is leeeeeeeeeets gettttttt ready toooooo rummmmmmbbbbbbllllee :lol:

Enjoy

Disco :)

Attached Files:

2. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

I used this neat little program a few years back for a 5 a side Tournament and although it's not easy on the eye it does the job and pretty well, as I cant make this, I can add the results to this program and let it do the calculations if needed?

It also produces random fixtures so this may have solve some problems?
    Also after each week, when all matches are played I can send the info to Spyko so he can place it into his neat little table ?

I have left a screeny so you can see it in action!

[​IMG]

3. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

Alright cool.

Then I'm looking for a team to play the first match this Sunday. Time doesn't really matter though in the evening is preferred :)
    Contact me via PM if you want to play us (us = Clan of Doom) this Sunday. If you want to book something in advance for next week or so that's fine too.

We have a server ready so that's not a problem.

4. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

so who will play against in round1 so we can schedule it

5. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

Looks like Cod are free Sunday genesis. GM'w may also be free Sunday and Monday/Tuesday I need to speak to the guys and girls. Will confirm

6. The Xtractor Certified Weeaboo

Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

im not playing in the tournament, buy for instance, if i want to watch a match can i just join the server and stay in spec?

7. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

i'm free :D

8. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

Hi Benito,

I have made a " GM tournament - when are you free - week 1?" thread in the GM'W forum so that we can get an idea when we can pull our team together. Please use this.

Cheers

Disco :)

9. Ray

Disco, talk to me via steam about this pl0x.

10. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

ray add me on steam :)

11. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

Disco Please Add MG (Monkey Gamers.) Sure i can Rustle the boys up.

12. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

Can all teamleaders please post the names we need to add to steam so we can add em and schedule the match

13. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

Still nobody pm'd me :(

Add me to steam: dazed871
    It would be really nice to have a match tomorrow evening, otherwise I may have to get an external to play a second match in 1 week since most people can only play on weekends :(

14. Fromage "The Cheese"

No sandman!? why's that?? Remove core game elements = fail. :(

Erik

15. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

Match tonight Team GM-W v CAP Time 21.00 19/04/2008 GM warserver IP 81.19.212.48:27050

16. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

ok, so, steamname is phishey. add me if u want. i would appreciate steamnames from leaders as well.

if anyone wants to play us, go ahead. in advance, mondays-thursdays and sundays are ok with us. friday, saturday are reserved for black jack and bitches.

17. Fromage "The Cheese"

Yeah since the sandman is one of the most overpowered items TF2 got I totally agree. It's so easy to hit the medic with one shot when he is ubered on a distance that makes it any useful...*note the sarcasm* :) I never understood why clan matches has limits at all, I always think its up to the team to decide whats the best. If they want to use two medics then its their choice. Oh well I only play on publics so what the heck.. :mrgreen:

Erik

18. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

It's because the optimal team is 3 medics, 3 soldiers. If the opposing team is of equal skill it is impossible for them to counter this lineup with anything but exactly the same one. Obviously it would be very boring if only two classes were used, so in the end they came to the classlimits there are now.

19. Fromage "The Cheese"

I'm pretty sure that another combo could out beat 3 medics and 3 soldiers too. Like 3 heavies/3 medics working together. or 6 engineers maybe? :mrgreen: It's all about combination and team skill. That's the best thing about TF2, you can always outbeat the others with different lineups that suits the players best.

Erik

20. Re: First GM TOURNAMENT Starts 17th April 2009 8pm GMT

I'm not talking about my opinion, I'm talking about the highest level of play. The people who are currently in the top teams have been around since the beta of team fortress 2, during which they experimented with different lineups. 3 heavies/medics would be absolutely worthless in competitive play. They are way too slow to keep up with the RJing soldiers.
    Also like I said in equal skill, obviously if the other team is more skilled they would win...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)