Glitch with teamswapping on orange.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by -M-m-, 25 Jul 2015.

1. -M-m- herpderp

Pretty much spamming the command via a bind as a few of us has seen smiley do seems to get him into spectator.
    It was an accidental discovery by smiley but each time someone kills him as he does this glitch as either sniper,soldier
    (seen those classes cause an instant crash so far for anyone close enough.)

So it sort of needs to be a time limiter on the teamswap longer then 2 seconds to stop it from being exploited in case anyone else that sees it tries and causes people to crash...

Eden has done it once so far and made 12 people crash at once.
    and smiley has at best taken out 10 people.

2. Brick Top Server Admin

Do not try this if the server has more than a couple people in and agree, as you will be warning banned for a day.

3. -M-m- herpderp

it appears to be safe to do this while being a medic it doesnt cause any crashes.

4. Langers http://bit.ly/IqT6zt

*don't do it at all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Douglas Douglas x 1
    • List
  5. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

If this is crashing the server when people do it, I would like to strongly suggest any Admin witnessing this to immediately ban the exploiter for up to 7 days.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Brick Top Server Admin

It doesn't crash the server, it crashes some of the people in the server's games. The clients. I just wrote that so that if they want to go at 2 am to test it and no one else is here, they could. Don't mind not allowing it at all either.

7. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

I see.

So does it randomly crash someones client, or just their own?

8. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

I interpreted M-m's post as saying that players sufficiently close to the person crash.

In which case :banhammer: IMO.

9. HellJack A message was delivered, and received.

If that is the case, then my previous suggestion stands. If you catch anyone doing it, it should warrant a ban of up to 7 days.

Let's not encourage experimentation with it, even if it is among consenting Players.

I would hope our policy would be the same among other exploits.

10. Brick Top Server Admin

It crashes the clients indeed. Seemed to be at random, maybe something about people having their sound options set on high quality, not sure, but basically it would crash 10 out of 14 people on the server.

Thinking about how bad this is for the server, I also told the people exploiting to stop inmediately, and they haven't done it since, so no need to BAN SMILEY OR RIOT.

୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ YET ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨

11. Sim Burner of props and hunter of hunters

Twitch chat is getting to you my friend. I may need to ban you from tftv for your own sake.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Late Late x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)