GM Backgrounds

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Z3Ronl, 19 May 2008.

1. GM Backgrounds

I was trying out creating a background for TF2 in the menu. Still not working right tho, it looks okay on the load screen and then when the menu opens the brightness cranks up creating a large flare.

Anyways here are the regular ones, using this on my desktop :)

Attached Files:

2. Re: GM Backgrounds

cool 8-)

just now put this on my desktop! :mrgreen:

3. Re: GM Backgrounds

Very nice very nice. I like them a lot :) :D

4. Bun

Re: GM Backgrounds

Nice work, not a fan of black and white though. =O

5. IAmNomad Ex-Leader

Yes, I would prefer color as well.

I Am Nomad and Colors Are Fun!

6. Re: GM Backgrounds

is is such an old pic, or why does the Scout have a MiniGun instead of ShotGun?

@Zero.NL I like it a lot. Like the combination of yellow and BW. Drags the focus to the yellow parts. Too much colors ==> too much entropy.

Edit: Maybe the colorlovers like it more, if the BW part gets a warmer BW... U know what i mean? some brown tuch... like with retro pictures...

7. Re: GM Backgrounds

I know what you mean, sepia gives the picture much older warmer appearance. I've used it a lot when i used to more gothicy stuff. Personally i generally dont use much color on desktop pictures, dont want it too loud.

I just threw this together to try out changing the tf2 menu backgrounds. which still isnt working properly. GRRR.

8. Re: GM Backgrounds

Great wallpapers, ive put it on my desktop ;)

9. Re: GM Backgrounds

How do you change the background of the tf2 load page?

10. Re: GM Backgrounds

basically you create a 1024x1024 picture and convert it to a vtf file with the following flags. SRGB, No Mipmap and no Level of Detail. Then name that picture: bacakground02.vtf and place it in materials/console.

It should then load normally which it does except for the flaring when the meny appears dont know how to fix that.

11. Reverend lame

i have this on my desktop:-)
    its not nice but i like it:-D

Attached Files:

• gm.jpg
      gm.jpg
      File size:
      102.5 KB
      Views:
  12. Bun

To messy. :s

13. Re: GM Backgrounds

indeed

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)