GM balloon race

Discussion in 'Server/Website Chat' started by Robbiebob, 12 Feb 2009.

1. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

GM balloon race

Hey I was playing some balloon race today with about 6v6, and when I went on the balloon, I suddenly got two pyros in my back with the backburner (AFTER cap1 about... CAP 2 TILL THE LAST ONE!!) and I was just wondering:

Is enemy balloon camping allowed??

It really sucked cuz as soon as you got on the balloon, you died
    I really hope this will be a rule which, when you break it (let's say 2/3 times), you get punished

P.S. in the 20 mins I played I died about as much as one hour in DB...
    P.S. (2) the camping pyros were a guy called "Bloop" and Kiler012 (who is |GM| nowadays... didn't know that...)

2. Re: GM balloon race

Entering on the balloon's team is probably allowed.
    If not, the balloon is going to be the enemy to die. The person on tea map should do so.
    Do you enter the balloon opponent is not allowed? :evil:

3. Geit Coding wizard!

Re: GM balloon race

This is intended, the balloon punishes campers in its own way.

4. Re: GM balloon race

It receive HP. :mrgreen: :twisted:

Subject to closing! :arrow:

5. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Yea I know you loose hp when you're on the enemy balloon but they had a medic healing them now and than... So basically we didn't stand a chance till I got out with heavy and took an alternate route...

But even when they were already past cap1, they were STILL camping on our balloon...

6. Geit Coding wizard!

Yeah, the major problem is that by increasing the damage cap on the "punishment" means that spies will not be able to wait in the back cabin of the boat, being healed by the dispenser to avoid being killed by the current "punishment".

Currently the ship will do about 9 damage every tick, just enough for a medic/dispenser to keep a player at full health.

7. Robbiebob Non Verba, Sed Acta

Well Geittieg... I basically think camping on enemy balloon should be punished with instant death... You can kill the people on it also from the floor, and this will definitely stop the camping.

I know I don't play balloon race so often, but that the camping on the balloons is allowed, scares people away as it's a fun ruiner (hope I spelled that right :D )

I seriously hope, and REQUEST, that the "punishment" for camping on the balloons should be increased (e.g. instant death, more dmg per tick, set on fire etc.)

Btw, thnx for replying cuz many ppl never played balloon race be4, so they don't even care

8. Geit Coding wizard!

I think a better solution would be to stop the ladder teleports from functioning for the enemy team and keeping the damage tick in place at its current level.

This allows spies to sneak on at round start, so they are not completely useless.

P.S. I'll look for a better way to handle this once i have the entity list infront of me.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gm_balloon race