Hide n Seek server CSS [+ TF2 PropHunt discussion]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bulletproof, 21 Jul 2009.

1. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Hide n Seek server CSS [+ TF2 PropHunt discussion]

Ok first off dont go ranting on about how crappy css is :D
    Me and my m8 have a got a css server, hence our DoA clan server. Iv'e just changed it to a really fun game mode that doesnt involve random 10 year old kids going into fits, just some lols =)

Ok if your a Terroist you get to choose what you want to disguise as, like on office you can be a keyboard, screen, file cabinet.. anything really then you have 20 seconds to go and hide somewhere.

Now the CT's are released they have to go and find the T's (they are random items) but when CT shoot and dont hit someone they loose health, which means you cant go around shooting everything.

My server isnt completly right atm, iv'e stil gotta fine tune some things on there but it's still working the basics. (As a T type "hideexec" to get the menu up) =Ive gotta change that.

Server: 89.145.98.67:27015

2. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Is this just like prop hunt? =P It's great fun but had some bugs, like if they disguise as a mouse (computer not the other) you can't kill them.....

3. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Im not sure what prop hunt is, someone else said that too. It's a Gmod mod right?

4. BeauChaotica bodyshot noob

Yeah basically the same premise. One team starts as Kliener and has to go find props to disguise as. They then hide and play taunts, while the other team (as combine elite) go round with SMGs and shotties trying to find em and kill em =P

5. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Holy shit. TF2 mod like this coming right up.

6. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Haha now that would be awsome!

7. Longbow Victorique <3

+ Custom map

8. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

OK I've got all this planned out:

• Map will be tc_hydro, because it is absolutely huge and the only map with enough random props.
    • The map will not be a custom map because if the map isn't familiar there will be too much luck and not enough skill involved.
    • All barriers on hydro will be removed, hopefully allowing for people to travel to any of its zones at any time.
    • All the normal gameplay entities and models will be removed.
    • RED forced to scout, offered a menu on spawn and unable to move until they select a model. After selecting a model, they will control it in the epic hacked third person view I developed for Anime Beach Dodgeball (basically reimplemented the movement code from Source - over 9000 times more complicated than "thirdperson" in console.)
    • RED will take advantage of the built in setup time to hide in various places across the map.
    • All static props matching the model names of anything RED can select will be deleted and replaced with prop_dynamic, or whatever prop types that support damage.
    • BLU will not be allowed to pickup medkits or select medic, heavy, scout or engineer (or any other class with healing or invulnerability)
    • BLU will then have to find RED, and any damage they do to the previously mentioned prop_dynamics rather than the prop_physics which represent players will result in that damage being done back to them. (It is not possible to replace player models in TF2, rather my hack hides the player and makes them immobile, then hooks the movement keys server-side and moves them and the prop via that (unfortunately screws up lag compensation)).
    Possible win conditions:

• BLU get 5 minutes (TBC) to successfully kill all the RED players.
    • BLU must die less than they kill RED
    • Each team gets tickets which are used up on death - this would allow RED respawning to be included.
    • Like option 2, but a 5 minute round with RED respawning permitted.

EDIT: Changed my mind - map will be Dustbowl with barriers removed. Models will be stuff like wheels, barrels, rocks, bottles etc.

9. Cookiecaster |/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\|/\|/|/\|/\

we were pro <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

10. Bulletproof Last one alive, Lock the door.

Darkimmortal is the brains of this opperation :)

+5 mins is way too long on css so it's going to be even harder on tf2 have about 2:30 - 3:00 mins.

11. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Yeah 3 mins sounds about right.

Also I'm still considering hydro - iirc it's more complex than dustbowl and has a lot of similar props lying around...

12. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Sounds epic, but 5min is definetly too long, you can walk through whole Dustbowl within 1:30min .....

How about a special item, like a detector, that uses up a big ammount of health, that tells you for 1-2 secs (beeping sound of "beacon player") that someone is hiding in a small area arround you ?! Shoudlnt be that hrad to be balanced out, 2 uses or so max, because of the big health consumption .... would bring some tactic in it =)

13. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Yeah that sounds like a good idea :D

14. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

I see epic mod incoming ..... ^^

EDIT: Btw, i think red should get the spy as modell ..... it fits more than the scout imo if it comes to "Hide" n seek ;)

15. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Yeah but TF2 is much less moddable via SourceMod - for example you can't:

- Change player speed
    - Change player models
    - Run client commands

So that's why all my mods so far have used scout for the extra speed :P

Doesn't really matter anyway, since players spawn as their prop straight away.

16. Obaruler German Rager/Spamer

Oh ...... ye, k ....... screw you Valve >_<

17. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Sounds funky, but why not have a few little extras for which the winning team can buy, for example BLU could get a limited motion detector or a prop hunter, which will beep when it detects movement or if you are near a RED player.

But do remember the word limited, if these things worked 24/7 it would make the hunt less fun.

18. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

This isn't GMod - stuff like that would be fucking hard :P

Still, I'll see what I can do :)

19. Reag My name is an anagram for a reason

Who said anything was easy. :awesome:

The task it's self I guess is hard enough.

20. Re: Hide n Seek server CSS

Couple more hours max until a beta server is up :D

Known bugs so far:

- RED have the hitbox and collision box of their player model - something I can't easily workaround.
    - Spectator view does weird things

Also the map will be arena_sawmill :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Users found this page by searching for:

1. css prop hunt

2. css hide and seek server

3. css hide n seek servers

4. garrys mod hide and seek server,
  5. css hide n seek server,
  6. css prop hunt server,
  7. prop hunt css,
  8. css prop hunt servers,
  9. prophunt css,
  10. hide n seek css server